• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
05-american-gods.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg
Vulture can exclusively announce that it will be returning to your screen on Sunday, March 10, 2019, at 8 p.m. and will be available the same day on the Starz app.

"A council at the House on the Rock explodes into chaos," Starz says in a release, "sending deities both Old and New on quests across America that will converge on Cairo, Illinois: forcing Shadow to carve out a place as a believer in this strange new world of living gods — a dark world where change demands commitment, and faith requires terrible sacrifice." Meanwhile, the sinister Mr. World (Crispin Glover) "plots revenge for the attack against him" and "Shadow throws in his lot with Wednesday's attempt to convince the Old Gods of the case for full-out war, with Laura and Mad Sweeney in tow."

https://www.vulture.com/2018/12/american-gods-season-2-premiere-date.html

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's still good. I wish Fuller was still at the helm though.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first season was quite a quality roller coaster but overall I definitely enjoyed it so I can't wait for season 2...

Fuller tho :`(

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting poster. I know they've already gotten away from the book, but I wonder if this is an indication of things to come or just advertising using symbolism for no reason.

Curious about the second season, I enjoyed the first and can't wait for some of the upcoming events to be touched on.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in the new season, though with Fuller gone and the later episodes of S1, I'm not holding my breath. The first half of S1 was so much better than the second half.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very worried about the future of this show, but I'll still be giving it a chance. I love this book, and love the show so far, but without Fuller I'm worried the visual style will suffer, and imo Gillian Anderson was the best performance in the whole show (though Ian McShane was fantastic as well).

Lemonhead

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty harsh review score from Starz at the bottom :)
But seriously, I hope this will be at least close to the quality of the first season.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've really clenched to finally eek this one out. We'll see how stinky the shit is.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
After all the behind the scenes stuff I can only hope it's a decent season.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine this being anything but a beautiful train wreck. In.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I need to get back to this. Might wait till season 2 is finished and marathon it. I'd not long finished listening to the very long and very good Audiobook when I watched it, think it was too soon.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Wait what?
Didn't the writers leave this or something?

The hit series has not been without controversy, and has seemingly gone through two groups of showrunners without a single episode of the second season being released. Show creators and original showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green reportedly left the series after creative differences with novelist Neil Gaiman.

Then Jesse Alexander was brought in to co-showrun with Gaiman, though the writer was focused on show running Amazon's adaptation of his book Good Omens. Shortly after, the episode order was shortened from 10 episodes to eight.

Before the first look at the new season of American Gods premiered at New York Comic Con last year, news hit that Alexander was removed as showrunner in the middle of production, before the season finale had finished filming.

A report from the Hollywood Reporter indicated that Alexander was forced to stop working on American Gods and an anonymous source described the situation as him being "fired but not fired."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/01/20/american-gods-season-2-trailer/

Basically, Gaiman is running the show now.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Please be just as good as season 1! Really liked the cast as well. A little worried now that Fuller has left..

Edit: welp.. sounds like season two might be a mess, I'll now lower my expectations.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

I was looking for this thread and almost wasn't going to post anything, but I thought I might as well. I co-wrote an episode this season, so I'm pretty happy to see a few of those scenes make it in the trailer.

Also I'm not going to answer answer any of your questions about anything bts :)

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never watched this show but I find it funny how Fuller abandoned this show as well right after having pulled that shit on Discovery.

Is American Gods also stuck with his signature trope of having a female lead with a male name, as a cruel reminder of his involvement?