• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
And possibly you haven't.

I was an avid Nick watcher all of my childhood. I started trailing off a bit before 2000 and I think I quit watching Nick or even seeing what was on around the time As told by Ginger was airing and I think a few episodes of Fairly Odd Parents was out. Jimmy Neutron was airing as I stopped completely. I was also never a Spongebob watcher. Rugrats lost me completely after that movie.

At this time I was also starting high school which may correlate in some way.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
when it moved to cable like all my child hood cartoons did.
I'll never forget the day pokemon moved to cartoon network :(

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Lol Era GAF?

Anyway - I can't remember but I'm sure I was in high school.

Edit: For reference I graduated high school in 2004.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
When I moved out of my parents house and thus cut cable. Love Nick to this day and would watch it all the time if I had cable.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
2001 or so. I started highschool and Nickelodeon threw off the last vestiges of the things that made it good. Rugrats became "grow'd up" and that was the point i knew creativity was dead.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Once they stopped with Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy. SNICK used to be my life when I was a kid. I grew up in Central Florida so I also had a bunch of friends who were on GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Used to watch all of those game shows religiously.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Around the time Avatar TLA ended. Nothing else worth watching (imo) after that.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stopped around 11 years old in 2007. Realized I like cartoons again when CN revitalized itself with Adventure Timer and Regular Show. Checked Nick out and all off the shows sucked then and they for the most part suck now.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not long after U Pick ended, around 2005-2006. I'd still tune in from time to time after and I came back for Avatar, but it was less frequent. I think it really ended for good when I started browsing the old site around E3 2008 when that became more interesting than tv

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Danny Phantom, Drake & Josh, and ATLA ended. ATLA was the last new show I watched (except Korra).

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I always meant to go back and watch a few episodes of Pete and Pete and round house to see if either held up.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys know Pick Boy is 40 now.

Pick-Boy.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I watched it throughout my college+bit after college years. Stopped around when odd parents starting getting stupid. Started watching it as a kid during the Pinwheel/You Can't Do that era.

Last edited:

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
In late 2008 'cause I ceased to have easy access to cable for a couple years, and once I had the opportunity to watch again my interest in Nick had largely waned. I went back for Korra though.

Oct 25, 2017
When they started their transition to more live action content. Jokes on them, I just put all my free time into the 360 and Halo 3 instead.

Oct 26, 2017
Avatar and Danny Phantom were the last shows I remember watching.

A couple years ago I was studying animation in college, so when I was told Cartoon Network (which I also stopped watching not too soon after Naruto started) continued to churn out good stuff I was pleasantly dumbfounded (Nick turned into hot garbage though).

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Probably soon after fanboy and chumchum started airing

Dunno when that was, but I am 22 for reference

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly around when Zoey 101 ended, I watched Disney channel the most as I preferred the live action shows over cartoons for the most part and I enjoyed the shows there more but I did really love that show on Nick as a teen.

Oct 31, 2017
Probably 2003-2004? I think I pretty much stopped after the SpongeBob Movie. The first few seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants were probably the last of the classic Nicktoons imo. The next wave of both Nicktoons and live-action I didn't really care for that much (As Told By Ginger, Jimmy Neutron, Chalkzone, Drake & Josh, Ned's Declassified, etc., etc.) and Nickelodeon just didn't feel the same, coupled with that I'd just pretty much outgrown the demographic.

Late 80's through the 90's weird/different Nickelodeon was definitely the best and I'm glad I was able to experience that era of TV.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pick Boy is 40? Holy shit lmao. I think I stopped watching like 2 years before iCarly ended. So 2010ish which is also when I started high school and I couldn't tolerate new Spongebob anymore

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's hard to pinpoint a specific year. Maybe sometime around the mid oughts? I remember thinking that all of Nick's shows by that point were stupid except SpongeBob and why the hell weren't they playing more
SpongeBob?

I'm still a big SpongeBob fan to this day, and will watch it whenever I come across an episode on Nick.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summer of 2008 when Avatar ended, came back from 2012-2014 for Korra.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
hmm....

I may be a bit older than others here, but I probably stopped watching around the very early 00s.

I honestly can't remember a lot of the later shows I watched on Nickelodeon. My memories consist of SNICK, NickToons like Doug, Rugrats, Ahh Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, etc, and game shows like Double Dare, What Would You Do?, Nick Arcade, Guts, Wild & Crazy Kids, and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't really been watching the channel like I used to after ATLA, but Korra was the last show I ever watched on that channel.

Titmouse Inc. had pitched a project called Prodigal or something to the network some years ago and it sounded like it was going to happen but it never did. If it had, I probably would have gone back just for that show and stop watching again.