• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Disabled and also get pittance for food stamps. It's around $20. That isn't going to go far at all. So I feel for this woman. I also hope that she gets viral enough to live out her life without worrying about finances.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who finna make an only fans with me tho 😏

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like she has been doing this for the better part of 4-5 years, so I presume the profession agrees with her on some level.

She probably likes getting all this exposure, but I can't help feel that the notoriety will actually put her in more danger than if she were much more unknown.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this sort of thing mentioned here in Ontario, Canada as the shithead Doug Ford government has pretty much destroyed our public funded therapy for autism.

The conservative mindset for people with disabilities is that if you can't work then you can fuck off and die somewhere. There's a 30 year backlog for community housing for people with severe disabilities and the government's excuse is "well we didn't expect people with disabilities to live that long".

There's a lot of struggling families and single parents in such situations. We have public healthcare but it doesn't apply to therapy.

My son is autistic and I'm terrified for his future if me and my wife pass away.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
She only states that his medical costs are entirely paid for, not her own.

Based on her age and income she almost certainly gets Medicare and Medicaid also. Does she actually mention things that Aren't covered?

America is, legitimately, a hellish sounding place.

people on this forum make it seem like poor people don't exist elsewhere in the world. I looked up disability income in Europe to see if things were better over there
and in the countries I checked it doesn't seem like they have it that much better.

FRANCE
Disabled adults who have never worked can claim a monthly allowance of between €403 (for a single person) and €666 (for a couple)

That's less than SSI in America.

This is a worldwide problem that we need UBI to fix.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, if she'd done it because she wanted to that's fine but to be backed into such a corner that it's the only option is fuckin' dire

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
They both have Medicaid and get all of their medical bills paid.

this isn't something Medicare for all would fix.

she needs money for living expenses and her SSI doesn't cover it.
Medicaid only covers her son. The fact that she could have cancer and might die before her disabled son is terrifying her.

It's so bad for disabled folks in this country that their parents have to hope they don't die before them so they can take still continue to take care of them.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on her age and income she almost certainly gets Medicare and Medicaid also. Does she actually mention things that Aren't covered?

people on this forum make it seem like poor people don't exist elsewhere in the world. I looked up disability income in Europe to see if things were better over there
and in the countries I checked it doesn't seem like they have it that much better.

That's less than SSI in America.

This is a worldwide problem that we need UBI to fix.
It likely doesn't cover everything for her.

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
ok...let's get some perspective. Sex work is usually seen as a person's VERY unfortunate last resort, not an "honest hustle". Based off this woman's emotional plea for money, I think it's very safe to assume that both her onlyfans videos and prostitution are probably not something that she actually wants to do. You may not feel that the work you do is tragic, but it's not crazy that most posters here see this as a tragedy with the information provided.

you're basically telling me "don't be surprised people have misconceptions about sex work." Which implies that you think I'm ignorant to the general attitude toward sex workers, and that's a laugh. I hate seeing those posts treating it like sex work is a curse, and it's the worst thing that could happen to someone. I realize that might not be what you intended but it really feels like the same song and dance I've had used to harm or abuse me before.

If didn't want to be a sex worker, but circumstances slammed too many doors in my face and my privilege allowed for me to do it safely. I go without eating and sleeping for the better part of a week most months trying to build an audience, hoping i don't get banned or post-blocked for very little reward. I see articles like these, and I know it has newsworthiness in its human element. It IS a tragedy that she felt forced to do it to survive. I'm not arguing it.

That's my entire point realy though, is it not? That it's a tragedy, but NOT shameful as a thing-in-itself?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Look another happy story! With hard work and determination along with help from generous strangers she was able to pay for her ailing sons healthcare!

Wait what...

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
This hit me hard. What a sad world we live in.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this really makes me think America's days are numbered. We really might be living during the downfall of the American Empire.