• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate that they iterated on the triple fan reference design of the Radeon VII (and some Vega prototypes IIRC).

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
3 fans is more than 2 fans, AMD wins!

anyway, that looks like something that is going to eat some power.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
For you boomers who won't enter on Fortnite to see this:

Eh57PeAXcAA_nHU

Eh57P8kWoAEE5tK

Eh57QdIXgAA5Abk

Eh57Q_0XYAET6iL

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
All the people in the comments complaining that it's in Fortnite. I mean normally you just get that picture at this point. Fortnite render is a bonus.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I'm one of those weirdos who get a graphics card and stuff it in an enclosed tower, so it looking amazing doesn't really tell me much. Looks huge tho, almost 12x a human size!

Oct 29, 2017
don't block the fins with a logo, that was one of the weaknesses of the cooling design of the 20 series FE

you know what, nevermind I don't even remember who I'm quoting.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Thinking about one day in 2024 or something looking at getting a second computer that I actually build in the cheap range and I'd want that to be amd. Maybe spend a cool $500 on it and learn.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
They didn't specify which RX 6000 model it is, but it's likely they'd advertise their flagship model first. Whether it can compete with the RTX 3080 spec-wise, remains to be seen.
AMD looks like they are going to have a mediocre launch again and I can't wait until end of October to find that out. Been getting AMD GPUs my whole life but I'm biting the bullet and getting a 3070.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Yup.. red, gamer-y and standard AIB design.

For sure they'll have a cheesy robot or hot chick demo to go along with the presentation.

Nvidia and AMD have diverged so much in presentation in the last years. 3000 series FE is in a league of its own now design wise.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I just wish the shroud looked like the Radeon VII. The only thing that card did right was look handsome! I'm glad blowers are (presumably) done for at Team Red as the owner of a screeching 5700 XT reference model, but I also think the RTX 30-series cards are nicer-looking pieces of kit.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Looks pretty good, and as others said it's nice they are embracing non-blower forms in their reference cards. (though my understanding is that makes it less likely third party coolers/blocks will be compatible since the vrm's need to be at a specific end of the card.)

I still think the VII looks a little better but it's fine. It's going to be in a PC doing it's thing, not stared at or taken out and swaddled.