• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2019
You are most likely wrong. As this is just an intro to a 5 hrs long presentation. And one of the presenters will feature an extended look into these SoCs as there are many many many people coming on the stage to talk about their specialty.

Edit: Watched a few of their past presentations at the same event, and one presenter is guaranteed to talk about consoles but it may be more hush hush rather than giving away everything.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.. RDNA2 pegged at 7nm? Does that encapsulate 7nm+?

A first mention of RDNA3 there too, on a different node. For the 2021+ timescale...

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
You are most likely wrong. As this is just an intro to a 5 hrs long presentation. And now of them will feature an extended look into these SoCs.
Yeah, they just showed a slide and it seems we will get some RDNA 2 info, so that should be interesting. I hope someone here updates this thread with any important info as I just got a call from work and need to leave for an hour or so.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what are you all doing here? you left me alone in the main thread?!!!!

rdna 2 is 7nm. that explains the massive xbox chip despite it being rdna 2.0.

Oct 31, 2019
uKtT4rGiBFiHObVs.jpg

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
So the gaming part will be the last one. I will take a nap then. lol

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
You are most likely wrong. As this is just an intro to a 5 hrs long presentation. And one of the presenters will feature an extended look into these SoCs as there are many many many people coming on the stage to talk about their specialty.

Edit: Watched a few of their past presentations at the same event, and one presenter is guaranteed to talk about consoles but it may be more hush hush rather than giving away everything.

its... 5 hours long?

tenor.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well, might get a tiny bit of next gen console news. Keeping fingers crossed.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but the context was "RDNA2 under 7nm and not 7nm+":
thmQZwA.png

Zen3 and RDNA2 were previously said and shown under 7nm+ and I think this will be the case.
Maybe RDNA2 will be under 7nm for consoles and 7nm+ for PC or only under 7nm+.
If you look at the rumored die sizes of the Big Navi chips, they are quite large, I don't think they are on 7nm+ IMO.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird to have Tom Warren when it's coming straight from the Financial Analyst Day that anyone can watch and post and has in the thread.
www.resetera.com

AMD Financial Analyst Day 2020 | March 5, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM PST

Source: https://ir.amd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amd-host-financial-analyst-day-march-5-2020 AMD will present an overview of its businesses. The presentation, intended for financial analysts, may or may not feature information about PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X. For an idea...

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
To be precised, it's 108.9m as of Dec 31 2019 for Sony (shipped therefore already manufactured) and AMD probably took shipped numbers from Sony's fiscal report to do their estimates (shipped numbers > sold-through numbers to inflate their own stat)

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird to have Tom Warren when it's coming straight from the Financial Analyst Day that anyone can watch and post and has in the thread.
www.resetera.com

AMD Financial Analyst Day 2020 | March 5, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM PST

Source: https://ir.amd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amd-host-financial-analyst-day-march-5-2020 AMD will present an overview of its businesses. The presentation, intended for financial analysts, may or may not feature information about PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X. For an idea...

Not really, title scheme falls in line with most others. If it was an article, it would be the verge reports AMD says etc.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
User Banned (3 days): platform warring, history of similar behavior
44 million would be a pretty bad dropoff for MS. This gen has been a disaster for them.

Oct 31, 2019
"AMD CDNA architecture for GPU-based compute accelerators. GPUs without raster hardware is happening." -> So these are gonna be used for bitcoin mining and other hash operations that are compute intensive... No more infighting for graphics cards!