• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Variety is reporting that the CEO for AMC Theatres is now proudly saying that they have survived the pandemic and warns that the costs of new safety and cleaning procedures will be "passed on to the consumers.":

variety.com

AMC Theatres Boss: ‘We’ve Survived the Corona Crisis’

AMC Theatres chief Adam Aron defends early VOD deal with Universal, talks about Disney's decision to move "Mulan" to streaming.

Adam Aron, CEO of AMC Theatres, struck an optimistic note on a call with investors and analysts shortly after the world's largest exhibition chain reported that it had lost more than half a billion dollars in its most recent financial quarter.

"I think we've survived the corona crisis and now we've just got to get back to running the company really well," Aron said of a public health catastrophe that has brought the theater business to its knees, while raising questions about AMC's liquidity.

Aron did drop one interesting item. He noted that AMC's new safety and cleaning procedures will be expensive and that the costs will be "passed on to the consumers." That could mean higher ticket prices or that popcorn gets to be more of a luxury snack food.

"We are very close to theaters opening soon in the United States," said Aron. "See you at the movies. See you at AMC."

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
image4061139x.jpg

Economic recession and a pandemic and you're going to raise prices? Good luck

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I already wasn't going to head to an AMC anytime soon and now I definitely won't be heading to an AMC anytime soon, so good luck I guess?

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Expected this and can hardly blame them. Pretty worried about A-List though.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way to safely go to the movies right now so I guess if you´re dumb enough to go, you´re dumb enough to pay the higher prices.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at this quote from the AMC CEO:

"We are very close to theaters opening soon in the United States," said Aron. "See you at the movies. See you at AMC."

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I already wasn't going to head to an AMC anytime soon and now I definitely won't be heading to an AMC anytime soon, so good luck I guess?
Yep. Theaters in general for me are out of the question until at least next year because too many are foaming at the mouth to get asses in seats. This smacks of desperation & not confidence.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Well fuck you too, then.

I'll gladly continue to support studios releasing stuff on VoD day 1 instead.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if the experience was ACTUALLY safe I would consider splurging for the experience. But if i'm paying and still gonna catch that rona might as well pay $40 for a digital rental lol. Cost less than hospital fees.

Oct 25, 2017
Yah, still not going to the movie theater. You couldn't get me to sit in a room with 20 people for hours. Oh wait, I'm a teacher, fuck me.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What....the coronavirus is over? Quick, someone let Bill Gates know that...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So now people have even less incentive to go to the movies. Higher prices and nothing to watch, bold move.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aron did drop one interesting item. He noted that AMC's new safety and cleaning procedures will be expensive and that the costs will be "passed on to the consumers." That could mean higher ticket prices or that popcorn gets to be more of a luxury snack food.

Just what the theater industry needed, increased prices.

Hollywood better figure out a way forward bc if this is gonna be the case, no one is gonna pay to watch anything besides Disney stuff and Fast and Furious.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

'we're denying reality AND we're gonna charge you more while we do it! We're BACK Baby!'

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I love movie theaters and would gladly pay more to go to one again, but it's not time yet

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love movie theaters and would gladly pay more to go to one again, but it's not time yet

Yeah I think it's fair actually. There are people who love the movies so much they will pay a premium to go with extra sanitation being performed. Casual moviegoers aren't going to go right now anyway.

As much as I love them too, I'm not there yet either.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Family of 4: Mulan + a couple of pizzas- 50ish bucks? And you don't have load folks in and out of the car?