• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
To embed Youtube videos, just click the little icon in the Reply box that looks like a film reel (it'll be labelled 'media' if you hover your cursor over it). A window will then pop up in which you can then paste the YT link in it. Click 'Embed' and the video will embed itself in your response.

That Solarsoul track is pretty awesome; serene and peaceful. Perfect for what is an otherwise dull Sunday at the office.

If you're interested in hearing more from the genre, here are two I really like:

I was going to post an album called 'The Place Where the Black Stars Hang' by the artist Lustmord but couldn't find a Youtube link. An absolute classic and definitely worth your time if you're okay with being simultaneously unsettled and intrigued ;)

Oh thank you, I will check those songs as well :)

Lowkeyedup

Oct 29, 2017
Oh this is my shit....subbed.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this band thanks for posting it they sound pretty cool.

I always like when vocals are chopped up and manipulated.

So do I. I have a weakness for chopped up female vocals as well.

Have people here heard of Kllo? Its a duo consisting of a female vocalist and a male producer. They make ambient downtempo 2step/garage influence stuff.
Spotify Links
2016 "Well Worn" EPhttps://open.spotify.com/album/1jXjarAX9FmWQhSnvVYiSp
They're very recently released full lenght album "Backwater" https://open.spotify.com/album/1gB47SocRNTWzvmvaKcRkk

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
Some more recommendations:

Autoclav1.1,Access To Arasaka,Atiq & Enk,Tineidae and Mobthrow!

Such a shame Tympanik Audio went defunct..

Bono

Oct 26, 2017
Another Green World is a great album. I really like this collaborative effort Eno did with Cluster, too.

notte

Oct 25, 2017
Good call on The Big Ship, that's my favorite song. Becalmed from the same album is another beautifully mournful piece.

Last edited:

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Would something like this apply?

Lifeformed - Breadtime

These genres are my favorite. I like zoning out to ambient and the like.

Thanks for making this thread, wandering . ^_^

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Stars of the Lid - A Meaningful Moment Through a Meaning(less) Process

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - A Symphony Pathetique

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ayyy my kind of thread. I'm going to take the time to sift through some of these recommendations. In the meantime...

Balamb Acab - Wander / Wonder
a0572211039_10.jpg
On repeat:
- Under
- Now Time
- Still

Submerse - Stay Home
On repeat:
- Take It Slow
- Gloom

Submerse - Melonkoly
On repeat:
- Melonkoly
- keepoised

Deceptikon - Presidio

MMOTHS - Self-titled
On repeat:
- Heart (non-feature version)
- THNX
- Summer

Last edited:

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dedekind Cut - Successor
On repeat:
- ☯
(I strongly recommend you play this whole project from start to finish, especially if you want something to meditate and/ or smoke to.)

Evy Jane - Breaking
On repeat:
- Breaking
- Lights
- Give Me Love
- The Half You Hide

The Log.Os - λόγος
On repeat:
- Blades
- Drm Sqnc
- Cancerous

Submotion Orchestra - Fragments
On repeat:
- Sleepwalker
- Snow
- Blind Spot

Submotion Orchestra - Finest Hour
On repeat:
- All Yours
- Suffer Not
- Finest Hour
- Perfection

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Good to see the ERA version of this thread has arrived.

That old thread introduced me to Emancipator and I can't thank you guys enough for that as I love everything he has done.

Problem is that I find so much of this stuff really inaccessible (which is probably a strange thing coming from someone who primarily listens to metal), so I would like to ask for some help mapping out a pathway into more of this style of music.

What are the gateway acts that will help me to understand the style better? For example, I wouldn't introduce someone who had never listened to metal to death and black metal immediately as these styles can be quite inaccessible unless you progress to it via some of the gateway bands first (i.e. Iron Maiden, Metallica).

Hit me with some recommendations...

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if any people here would be interested in a post-rock thread?

Good to see the ERA version of this thread has arrived.

That old thread introduced me to Emancipator and I can't thank you guys enough for that as I love everything he has done.

Problem is that I find so much of this stuff really inaccessible (which is probably a strange thing coming from someone who primarily listens to metal), so I would like to ask for some help mapping out a pathway into more of this style of music.

What are the gateway acts that will help me to understand the style better? For example, I wouldn't introduce someone who had never listened to metal to death and black metal immediately as these styles can be quite inaccessible unless you progress to it via some of the gateway bands first (i.e. Iron Maiden, Metallica).

Hit me with some recommendations...

I'd say Brian Eno would be a good introduction into ambient music in general, as a pioneer of the genre. Tycho is a good choice for more melodic sounds. If you're into Emancipator you might also like Bonobo's experimental sound or maybe DJ Krush for a more atmospheric hip hop sound. For more stuff that sounds like Emancipator trip hop will be what you're looking for.