• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BMing this topic. somehow missed this thread if it was on the old place. I've been stagnating with this stuff for years, only really listen to Fly Lo, Lone, and BOC with any regularity. all great stuff, but I need to get some new jams.

some really chilled out yet upbeat stuff is the album Night and Day by Oriol. Doesn't really get mentioned much (he is fairly under the radar tbf) but that will easily be one of my favourite albums of the 10s.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How could we go so long without mentioning Autechre? bladeloresis some trascendent shit. Or you could go with Goz Quarter if you want some badass hip-hop influenced stuff.
Autechre is my favorite Warp act tbh. They're incredibly consistent and their recent stuff is on par with Amber, which is my favorite IDM album.

like elseq 1-5 is four hours long and has some of their best material.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

6ZLupcd.png

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Been having this remix of Boards of Canada on repeat recently:

The "I dont love you anymore" at the beginning is kind of annoying and trite though

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Autechre is my favorite Warp act tbh. They're incredibly consistent and their recent stuff is on par with Amber, which is my favorite IDM album.

like elseq 1-5 is four hours long and has some of their best material.
To be honest elseq 1-5 proved to be a bit too much for me. The whole thing is so gargantuan that I couldn't really "process" it or make heads or tails of it. I'll go back to it at some point tho.

Btw thanks for the Porter Ricks heads-up. Had no idea they released a new album.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
To be honest elseq 1-5 proved to be a bit too much for me. The whole thing is so gargantuan that I couldn't really "process" it or make heads or tails of it. I'll go back to it at some point tho.
I don't think it's meant to be digested as a cohesive project, but rather a series of EPs with their own vibe. I mostly go back to the tracks I really like, and there's plenty of great material in there. I get what you mean though.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
This is the shit that gets me through my work day. Nothing else helps drown out the drone of my office mates and keep me in the zone than electronic chill stuff.

One of my standbys is emancipator:

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I recently found out about Solarsoul, he creates "space ambient" music I think? I think it might fit this thread

The Starry Sky:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJGRAzYP-NM

Could anyone show me more music like this specifically? I love the atmosphere and the instruments here, I will check the songs in this thread later I have to go right now :v

Nice thread btw

P.S. how do you embed youtube videos in here? I would like to know, I will google later I guess but if anyone could tell me would be nice thx xd

To embed Youtube videos, just click the little icon in the Reply box that looks like a film reel (it'll be labelled 'media' if you hover your cursor over it). A window will then pop up in which you can then paste the YT link in it. Click 'Embed' and the video will embed itself in your response.

That Solarsoul track is pretty awesome; serene and peaceful. Perfect for what is an otherwise dull Sunday at the office.

If you're interested in hearing more from the genre, here are two I really like:

I was going to post an album called 'The Place Where the Black Stars Hang' by the artist Lustmord but couldn't find a Youtube link. An absolute classic and definitely worth your time if you're okay with being simultaneously unsettled and intrigued ;)

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add links later but no chill play list of mine is complete without Eluvium, Hammock and Message to Bears.

telboy

Oct 27, 2017
Nice thread! Here are some ambient mixes of a few classic 90s anthems:

Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea (Blue States Mix)

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Micheal Woods Mix)

Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Ambient Mix)
https://youtu.be/yS333tocWPk

I've got loads of this sort of music from back in the day, I'll add some more when I have some spare time.

Last edited:

ilium

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
there's a tv station in germany that airs space related footage with pretty decent downtempo electronica late night.

BR Space Night

After a budget debate a couple years back the show was supposed to be canned, but people started protesting and now it's mostly creative commons music iirc

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
there's a tv station in germany that airs space related footage with pretty decent downtempo electronica late night.

BR Space Night

After a budget debate a couple years back the show was supposed to be canned, but people started protesting and now it's mostly creative commons music iirc

granted i only skipped through for now, but WOW!!! simply incredible!

that's getting a full run later no doubt

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Some nice tracks in here, definitely watching this thread.

Here's my contribution, found this one last month, it's pretty chill:

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
This is the shit that gets me through my work day. Nothing else helps drown out the drone of my office mates and keep me in the zone than electronic chill stuff.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time.

A little over two years ago, I was sitting alone in my living room listening to this album and realized that I was fundamentally unhappy in my 5-year relationship. I left the next day and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my favorite albums of all time.

A little over two years ago, I was sitting alone in my living room listening to this album and realized that I was fundamentally unhappy in my 5-year relationship. I left the next day and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Lol I had the same realization while listening to Explosions in the Sky. Not a five year relationship but realized it wasn't working.

Instrumental stuff is so great for thinking.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make this thread my official support group for the fact that Stars of the Lid haven't released a new album in 10 years. :( I'm also all up in The Dead Texan and Brian McBride's business, but I want to see them put out a new SOTL record so bad.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017

Emanciptor is a great. Gets lots listen from me.

Listen to all his albums. Wonderful stuff.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Also, if you want extra chill that sounds like you're in a WW1 submarine listening to a gramophone, about to run out of oxygen, and you've accepted your fate and to the deepest realms known to man; check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4
The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World

Personal fav. chill music of mine.
Yeah, this is definitely being added to my work playlist. Thanks for the recommendation.

roboter

Oct 28, 2017
Nice thread, this kinda music is really my cup of tea. I also sometimes make music, following is a trip into space with a slow 808 and some melancholic melodies:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is definitely being added to my work playlist. Thanks for the recommendation.
You got it! Glad you and the other member enjoy it. The Caretaker should be more well known. The album cover is also one of my favs.
caretaker-empty_bliss.jpg

Not sure if it's a rock or a meatball smoking a joint.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Another couple of artists I've remembered chilling out to in bed falling asleep in the past...

Dreams of Dying Stars
SleepResearch_Facility

Haven't listened to either in like 10 years but recommended.

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
Insta-subbed.

Music is Math is a good choice for the first page, but for the full BoC experience I would recommend all 66 minutes and 6 seconds of Geogaddi

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
CTRL+F Carbon Based Lifeforms. *audible gasp*

One-way ticket to heaven, folks. Strap along for the ride.

Posted a lot of these folks before, but Carbon Based Lifeforms are my absolute favorite and this is the first track on their new album

I just love them so much!!!

I'm definitely going to need to follow this thread...

Inspiration for my user name from Carbon Based Lifeforms.
My favorite from Aphex Twin.
Maybe an odd pick but the Death Note OST was very clearly inspired by Aphex Twin on a number of tracks!

Candeldandel

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Good stuff y'all, I just wanted to post my faves of CBL I haven't noticed in here yet...

Twentythree is my favorite ambient of all time, I'm not kidding when I say I listen to it nearly every day.
Arecibo, Somewhere in Russia and the VLA edit are the standouts but the whole album is um. Yeah.

(Everyone loves Somewhere in Russia, and you'll know which one it is when you hear it because you'll love it, too. There's also the full VLA album, an hour of drone-y goodness)

Hydroponic Garden is the first album I heard of theirs and I listened to it to fall asleep for years, it's got another popular one, MOS 6581 (Outdoor Miner covered that one already, it's hella)

I could go on about these folks all day <3

Glad to see Emancipator and Boards of Canada in here, too :)

Oct 27, 2017

This kind of music is all I ever listen to and have years and years of disparate tracks that have taken a long time to compile.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza does a neat mix of ambient, vaporwave and some other genre with smooth melodies. Quite dirty sounds and hard drums, but Local Climate Terror in the middle is so peaceful. Another project would be NTSC Memories.

Hope this isn't too far off the suggested genres.