• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Acting wise massive downgrade.

but you know abusers probably shouldn't keep jobs like this in Hollywood

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You weren't speaking to me but I hope Amber Heard stays as Mera.

If for some reason she does leave Aquaman 2, then no recasting of Mera. I hate recasts. Just do a new character if you must have another female.

Thankfully this news is false so we won't be enduring a recast.
Can I ask why you'd prefer someone objectively evil to stay and profit from the role?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Funny that I saw this trending on twitter this morning as, "there's a rumour Heard is gone, we all wish it was true, also wouldn't it be funny if Emilia Clarke replaced her?" and now some hack sites have taken twitter silliness and reported it as truth.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Funny that I saw this trending on twitter this morning as, "there's a rumour Heard is gone, we all wish it was true, also wouldn't it be funny if Emilia Clarke replaced her?" and now some hack sites have taken twitter silliness and reported it as truth.
Yeah, the thread seems weird in that a site no one knows claims this as news and then one of the most clued in sources (THR) says it's rubbish.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Personally I think it's a lie, this has been making the rounds in Mexican Facebook since like a week ago, all with really fishy sources.

Personally I wish for this to happen, Warner should listen and do the right thing, specially after Whedon's.

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Amber Heard sounds like a terrible person, but that doesn't seem like the reason they're giving for her firing (unless this is a roundabout way of doing it without getting sued).

Emilia Clarke is terrible actress, I wonder if WB wants that GOT connection. She doesn't even have box office pull so I don't see it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Amber Heard sounds like a terrible person, but that doesn't seem like the reason they're giving for her firing (unless this is a roundabout way of doing it without getting sued).

Emilia Clarke is terrible actress, I wonder if WB wants that GOT connection. She doesn't even have box office pull so I don't see it.
I'll take charm and chemistry over Heard's acting of the part. Clarke would like perform really well with Mamoa here considering they seem to admire each other. Especially if they go for a more personable Mera in this movie.

Jul 10, 2020
Slighty OT but still relevant:

Isn't Geoff Johns who executive produces all these movies involved in not-so-great-stuff behind the scenes at WB? Was it the racism thing on JL or was it something else? Or am I misremembering?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Slighty OT but still relevant:

Isn't Geoff Johns who executive produces all these movies involved in not-so-great-stuff behind the scenes at WB? Was it the racism thing on JL or was it something else? Or am I misremembering?
I don't know if it was race related in regard to Justice League. Ray said Johns threatened his career in a 1 on 1 meeting during the JL reshoots and that he gloated over how much better the Cyborg is on Doom Patrol.

Dag Nabbit

Apr 23, 2018
Personally I think it's a lie, this has been making the rounds in Mexican Facebook since like a week ago, all with really fishy sources.

Personally I wish for this to happen, Warner should listen and do the right thing, specially after Whedon's.

Well, it is Aquaman....

(Sorry, couldn't resist the stupid pun)

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
That would be fantastic, but I wish they'd go for a replacement that can actually y'know

act

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You weren't speaking to me but I hope Amber Heard stays as Mera.

If for some reason she does leave Aquaman 2, then no recasting of Mera. I hate recasts. Just do a new character if you must have another female.

Thankfully this news is false so we won't be enduring a recast.
Ew

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea whether to believe that source but yeesh Emilia is a worse actress them Amber Heard. Yikes at that one.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it. Zack Snyder even had Amber back for reshoots for his Justice League circus.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Good upgrade. More charismatic and better actress. 100% less batshit insane.

Can't really compare her much to Heard, since I haven't seen much of anything with Heard anyway, but if Clarke is a better actress, Heard must be awful. Clarke's acting skills are barely on par with your average CW star.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
31xS9MP.png

Now this is podracing.

JonaB1986

Sep 15, 2020
User Banned (1 Month): Whataboutism, excusing abuse with mental health conjecture, account in junior phase
So we're just going to go with calling her a piece of shit? So do you guys have some kind of inside knowledge that she isn't suffering from some mental health issue's? She is actually factually just a plain piece of shit who wasn't in a mutually abusive relationship that might have caused/worsened her mental health. I know she did some bad stuff, but so did Depp. This forum is so black and white sometimes and refuse to notice the grey areas.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Wish this were true, love Emilia Clarke while Heard sounds like an awful human being, seriously turns me off from even watching Aquaman 2

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
So we're just going to go with calling her a piece of shit? So do you guys have some kind of inside knowledge that she isn't suffering from some mental health issue's? She is actually factually just a plain piece of shit who wasn't in a mutually abusive relationship that might have caused/worsened her mental health. I know she did some bad stuff, but so did Depp. This forum is so black and white sometimes and refuse to notice the grey areas.
Jfc. There's really is a defence force for everything.

Heard severed his finger, mentally and physically abused him, gaslighted him.Pretty sure all the evidence points at the victims being the ones who develop mental illness due to the abuse.
Choke-slammed a woman. It was caught on video, talked about for less than a week and then seemingly forgotten.
Wtf. How did he get away with that?

JonaB1986

Sep 15, 2020
Jfc. There's really is a defence force for everything.

Heard severed his finger, mentally and physically abused him, gaslighted him.Pretty sure all the evidence points at the victims being the ones who develop mental illness due to the abuse.

So we're just gonna ignore the video of Depp verbally abusing her? The abuse was clearly a two way street.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

She might have mental health issues. Don't know. She can go talk that shit over with a professional. I'll just stick to not wanting her in any media I support financially, due to what we do know about her. No insider info needed to know she is shit. We have the recordings.

So we're just gonna ignore the video of Depp verbally abusing her? The abuse was clearly a two way street.

I hope Depp isn't in Aquaman 2 also.

JonaB1986

Sep 15, 2020
I hope Depp isn't in Aquaman 2 also.
Okay, this reply genuinely made me chuckle, I too would prefer not see him in Aquaman 2. Honestly though, I don't care if she's fired. Actions have consequences. But as a person who has a relative with severe mental health issue's, who has done batshit crazy things to people she was close to before she got help, I get a little triggered when we just presume someone is "evil" or a "piece of shit" in situations such as this, without the context of their actual mental state.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Yes it was a very toxic relationship but the evidence points at Amber being much much worse. Cut his finger. Took a literal dump in his bed when he was late to her birthday party. On tape heard saying no one would believe Depp etc etc etc.

Also mental health problems might be an explanation but doesn't excuse a person (unless you are having a psychosis).

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Okay, this reply genuinely made me chuckle, I too would prefer not see him in Aquaman 2. Honestly though, I don't care if she's fired. Actions have consequences. But as a person who has a relative with severe mental health issue's, who has done batshit crazy things to people she was close to before she got help, I get a little triggered when we just presume someone is "evil" or a "piece of shit" in situations such as this, without the context of their actual mental state.

She systematically abused him mentally, emotionally, and physically for a prolonged period of time. Depp occasionally retaliating against his abuser does not make him "equally bad" and anyone who can look at the wealth of evidence available in this case and conclude as such is being disingenuous as fuck. The fact that you have more empathy for her in this situation than him is the reason more male abuse victims don't come forward. It reeks of toxic masculinity. Her mental state at the time of the abuse frankly doesn't mean shit until she takes responsibility for her actions and tries to make amends, instead of continuing to try to attack him.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Clarke getting back together with Momoa sounds like fancasting.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
If they want to replace Heard, fine. But not Emilia Clarke. She is not a very good actress. Her role as Daenerys was perfect at feeding off her inability to act with any degree of depth. Everything else she has done... not good.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
People need to stop talking about what Depp like some sort of gotcha. It was a toxic relationship for both of them, and while he's been removed from his roles (grinewald) I feel like she has been left mostly alone.
Also, outside the issues with Depp, she's been shown again and again to be a pretty awful person. The fake donations with the divorce money come to mind.
Wishing for abusers to held accountable is not something we should be arguing about, y'all.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
They could replace her with literally a plank of wood and it would still be an improvement as long as that plank has not been abusing anyone.

Still, it seems like a fake rumor, and we already had people with insider knowledge saying this on page 1.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
If a man had done to a woman what Amber Heard did to Johnny Depp you would not make excuses for that man and say about the woman that she did some bad stuff too and that the relationship was mutually abusive (and if you did you'd probably get banned!). A victim of abuse occasionally lashing out verbally or slamming cabinet doors does not make them just as bad. Amber Heard also has a history of abusing her partners while Depp doesn't.

So yeah, looking at the evidence I'm perfectly fine calling Amber Heard an abusive piece of shit who should get locked up.