• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Trash continues to be trash. Awful but shot really shocking.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
It's whataboutism. Read the room.

It's not whataboutism. This is the original post I replied to which obviously implies that Depp is innocent:

That's why she started that bs. She was the real abuser.

and all I said was this

There is no singular 'real abuser' - they both seem abusive. Amber Heard being shitty and abusive doesn't mean Depp wasn't also and it doesn't excuse him.

Disagreeing with a point someone made *about whether Depp can just be assumed to be innocent* obviously isn't whataboutism and that was all it took for a bunch of weirdos doing free PR for Depp to jump in and say stuff like 'you're the reason why male victims of abuse can't come forward' or that I was 'making excuses for her'.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It's not whataboutism. This is the original post I replied to which obviously implies that Depp is innocent:

and all I said was this

Disagreeing with a point someone made *about whether Depp can just be assumed to be innocent* obviously isn't whataboutism and that was all it took for a bunch of weirdos doing free PR for Depp to jump in and say stuff like 'you're the reason why male victims of abuse can't come forward' or that I was 'making excuses for her'.

Yes, Depp might be a piece of shit. Amber actually is a piece of shit.

At least we can find common ground.

Edit: I apologize for accusing you of defending Depp. You're right, you were very careful with your wording and were particular with the point you were trying to make. I just don't think the point really needs to be made (at least not in this thread). No hard feelings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the police don't follow up on domestic abuse cases all the time... why are you putting faith in them lol.

Also the police almost certainly have no bearing on her deciding to settle, any lawyer will tell you settling is standard practise, because people obviously would rather avoid the expenses of court if they have to.

Anyway this is besides the point; you claimed (as a reason to ignore the recent court judgment that found that he likely was abusive) that her case was so flimsy that the courts dismissed it with prejudice, which was pretty disingenuous.

The police went there, saw no sign of damage, no sign of wounds whatsoever, and testified under oath multiple times.

They literally said "we examined the place and her face thoroughly" they were domestic violence experts.

And of course it would have bearing for her to settle, she was threatening Depp, when she understood that wouldn't get anywhere since the police stood against her lies, she had to reconsider.

Why settle a criminal case with prejudice if you have actual evidence ? The loser has to pay for any legal fee. You settle if you're uncertain of the outcome or if you want money. (when you're not the one getting the bad press)

She claimed she wasn't after money and donated it all to charity. Which... Lead us to where we are now.

This guy did a good job at illustrating information that became public later over her police statement if you're interested in seeing the shit show :

Point out one example of me defending Amber Heard? You can't cos I'm not. All I'm saying is that her being abusive doesn't automatically make him innocent or dismiss the accusations against him - if you would like to disagree with that obviously reasonable sentiment go ahead.

I think you can agree that if someone gets caught in multiple lies, each lie destroys their credibility even further.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The only actual person we have claiming that Depp is an abuser is Heard - who is already a documented abuser from a previous relationship.

beansontoast you know what gaslighting is, right? And how that's a classic tactic of abusers? Stop falling for Heard's gaslighting.

teseR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You all will have more success arguing with a wall. It is time to stop doing free pr for Depp.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
WB needs to stop fucking around and fire her ass, its not like she's good talent either.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Other partners of Depp saying he didn't abuse them only means that Depp didn't abuse them. It's not like someone has to abuse every person they've been with for them to be an abuser.

If Depp's alcohol issues increased during his marriage with Heard, as has been suggested, then that would explain a lot. Alcoholism fundamentally changes people.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to believe that after everything that has come to life a judge wouldn't toss her counter suit.

Each of the above statements imply that Ms. Heard lied and perjured herself when she appeared before a court in 2016 to obtain a temporary restraining order against Mr. Depp. Moreover, they imply that she has lied about being a victim of domestic violence. In light of the #MeToo Movement and today's social climate, falsely claiming abuse would surely "injure [Ms. Heard's] reputation in the common estimation of mankind." See Schaecher, 290 Va. at 92. Therefore, this Court finds that the statements contain the requisite 'sting' for an actionable defamation claim.

Although Mr. Depp's statements (and those of his attorney) can be understood as their opinion of what occurred, these statements nevertheless imply that Mr. Depp did not abuse Ms. Heard. These statements must survive demurrer because whether Mr. Depp abused Ms. Heard is a fact that is capable of being proven true or false.

The judge's opinion.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
who was the real abuser this is so puzzling
*Ignores mountains of legal evidence/records*
guess we'll never know -_-

May 10, 2019
a8f90c8d1e0c82fe2acac4038e25f325.gif

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Depp is such a mess that I think it's easy for people to assume the worst even when there is scant evidence and the accuser appears to be a legit psychopath.

I love his work and I hope he finds his way back to some manner of health and stability.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Depp is such a mess that I think it's easy for people to assume the worst even when there is scant evidence and the accuser appears to be a legit psychopath.

I love his work and I hope he finds his way back to some manner of health and stability.
Yeah all you have you to do is listen to Amber Heard's own words about how she will lie about abusing Depp to get the foggiest impression that maybe you shouldn't trust this person as far as you can throw them.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
What's the source on this?
www.youtube.com

Johnny Depp & Amber Heard: Abuser Amber tells Johnny nobody will believe him! NEW UNCENSORED AUDIO!

#JusticeForJohnnyDepp #AmberHeard #Metoo #TimesupHey everyone! This audio was first reported on by The Daily Mail. They obtained a 31 minute recorded phone...

Here's a video with the recordings (can't seem to find a video with just the recordings), you can ignore the commentary since you can consider it biased but the tapes speak for themselves. She goes in pretty deep about it all.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It is time to stop doing free pr for Depp.

Edit: Re-reading this thread, it's clear I misunderstood the satire and I spewed some shit that was undeserved toward teseR. I apologize. Leaving for posterity and future lulz

And you've identified this thread as the ideal place and time to proclaim this imperative from your high horse, right?

"Why won't anyone think of the psycho amputators that ALSO lie about donating to children's hospitals?"

Boo!

*throws tomatoes*

Boo!

I'm not having it. A 9-year-old child in my family died right beside me last summer in one of these Children's Hospitals. It was the most horrible thing I've ever had to experience in my life and I wish it on no one. So to me she's using them and their circumstances as a shield to gather sympathy for her abusive lies and she can, kindly:

zHs1G1G.gif

Last edited:

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
www.youtube.com

Johnny Depp & Amber Heard: Abuser Amber tells Johnny nobody will believe him! NEW UNCENSORED AUDIO!

#JusticeForJohnnyDepp #AmberHeard #Metoo #TimesupHey everyone! This audio was first reported on by The Daily Mail. They obtained a 31 minute recorded phone...

Here's a video with the recordings (can't seem to find a video with just the recordings), you can ignore the commentary since you can consider it biased but the tapes speak for themselves. She goes in pretty deep about it all.

I can't listen to this whole video now, but this is the same recording where Depp says: "Honestly, I swear to you because I just couldn't take the idea of more physicality, more physical abuse on each other.", no?

We've also had recordings of Depp saying: "I headbutted you in the fucking forehead. That doesn't break a nose." Why don't people here bring that up?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I can't listen to this whole video now, but this is the same recording where Depp says: "Honestly, I swear to you because I just couldn't take the idea of more physicality, more physical abuse on each other.", no?

We've also had recordings of Depp saying: "I headbutted you in the fucking forehead. That doesn't break a nose." Why don't people here bring that up?

Because people do a lot of things in self-defense when they're being abused? Point is: It's not important in a thread about a known proven abuser lying about donating to Children's Hospitals. You can make a thread where we go and pick apart John Depp, should it really be here that you do this? Are you being reasonable? Why is it so important for you that people acknowledge the possibilities you're bringing forth, here? If we acknowledge what you're saying, what is your follow-up?

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Either some people in the thread really hate Depp or simply cant believe AH is a horrible person.
Maybe both.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how these threads always turn out.
I don't know what the fuck Johnny Depp ever did to anyone to warrant these kinds of responses.

Dude went through fucking hell.

No matter what comes out to prove the situation he was in and just how much of a POS Amber heard is, they just can't admit they were wrong about Depp.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017

Just listen to the recording man. The dynamics and their perspectives of their relationship are stated explicitly clearly there.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
the both sides argument in here is as legit as donald trump's on charlottesville

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You can be pubicly evil all you want, being a pretty white lady gets you a pass, even for some people on ERA it seems.

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
Jesus...

Also, as far as I know (and I don't follow this stuff) Depp has never been called out as abusive by any of his former partners. You don't wake up one day as a violent person, it would have come out years ago if that was his MO I feel.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, she really tricked me into think Johnny was a big POS. Turns out she was lying and manipulating us and the media.

Oct 27, 2017
Depp isn't Heards only victim. Her former personal assistant accusd her of physical and mental abuse last year

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/entertain...sical-and-mental-abuse/ar-BB113nTe?li=BBr8HnD

She was also arrested for domestic abuse in a airport after a cop witnessed her physically abusing her girlfriend at the time.

She then claimed that it was homophobic false acusation. It turns out the cop was a lesbian.

Shes a serial abuser and I dont believe a word she says.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
She was also arrested for domestic abuse in a airport after a cop witnessed her physically abusing her girlfriend at the time.

She then claimed that it was homophobic false acusation. It turns out the cop was a lesbian.

Shes a serial abuser and I dont believe a word she says.

Jesus Christ lol. Truth really is stranger than fiction. WB needs to send her packing.