• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
It was stated in the court case that is on-going with Johnny Depp.

Ms Vasquez asks about the $7m divorce settlement and the agreement to donate it to the children's hospital and the ACLU. She asks about Heard demanding that the funds go to her, and not directly to the charities.
Heard testifies that the money was supposed to go directly to her so that Depp wouldn't get a big tax break. She said he was in a larger tax bracket and if he wanted to pay the adjusted amount, he could.
A clip of Heard appearing on a Danish talkshow is played to the court in which she talks about her divorce settlement and the charity payments.

There is a tense back and forth between Heard and Ms Vasquez about the use of the words pledge and donate with regards to the charities and the divorce settlement.

Update: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-news-start-time-testimony-b2079719.html?amp

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Should probably get a better source before making the thread. And put some effort in your OP.

If true, I wonder if the judge in the prior case will have any legal cause for acting against her.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't get why someone would lie about this stuff? It's the dumbest thing to lie about.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize it was possible for someone to have less than zero credibility.

I just don't get why someone would lie about this stuff? It's the dumbest thing to lie about.
It's looking increasingly likely that she's lied about the entire situation, due to the lack of witnesses, lack of corroborating testimony, lack of evidence presented, and lack of consistent stories, lack of consistent timeline, and the list goes on. It would have to do with the psychological diagnoses that have been rendered and made public during the court proceedings, at least according to the one professional clinician who conducted them. All of that behavior is rather extreme but still consistent for those diagnoses.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this old news? From a few weeks ago.

www.yahoo.com

Amber Heard didn't donate Johnny Depp $7 million divorce settlement to charity

Amber Heard paid the ACLU less than half of the group's promised settlement money — with a little help from Elon Musk.

Terence Dougherty, general counsel of the ACLU, testified in a video deposition that Heard has not donated her pledged $3.5 million to the organization. Only $1.3 million has been donated to date in Heard's name, which includes a donation from Depp himself.

Fuckin lol

The Big Short

Oct 29, 2017
She pledged to donate it over a period of ten years and so far she has donated half. This shouldn't be newsworthy.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
She pledged to donate it over a period of ten years and so far she has donated half. This shouldn't be newsworthy.
Except she also claims to have already donated all of it. Not only that but she also claims that she uses donate and pledge as if they were the same word.

....when they clearly are different words.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Musk help her pay? Were they fucking around behind Johnny's back? What the hell even is this

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Drive by in a sensitive thread
edit: i didn't mean to quote the first tweet in this twitter thread, the forum software did that automatically. if you'd like to add to my notifications still with this in mind, i won't stop you, but know that i didn't mean to engage in any sort of "this abuse > that abuse"-ism.

original post:

more relevant in this thread than ever:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Except she also claims to have already donated all of it. Not only that but she also claims that she uses donate and pledge as if they were the same word.

....when they clearly are different words.
I don't know her exact deal, but usually when a donation is set in stone over X number of years, yes, technically it might take 5 years to donate say 50M, so 10M per year, but it's largely set in stone and may even have a contract in place so she may be obligated to see the whole thing out.

Not defending her overall in this but these types of donations over X time are extremely common I believe. So for all intents and purposes, she says she "donated" it because it may be very difficult if next to impossible to break the donation deal that may be set up legally even if she wanted to.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Can we not be mean? Like I get it but this is just coming out I'm trying my best. I swear this site has been incredibly negative lately.

Everyone is just pissed all the time. Not talking about just here, but every day you read, hear, or experience something terrible. Being kind seems like a heavy lift.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Camille Vasquez is destroyed this piece of shit today. What a pathetic human being.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My driver's license says Organ Donor and not Organ Pledger, but it's not like I can go around saying I've "donated" an organ when I haven't yet done so. That's clear bad faith bullshit coming from Amber here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno what relevance this will have to the outcome in the court, but feels like a watershed moment in the court of public opinion.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Because people think it's some gotcha, when it's completely irrelevant, Johnny Depp wasn't defamed by her claiming to donate money
I'm talking about the basis of the case, regarding the domestic abuse allegations, not this point. Seems kinda serious, not so much lolworthy. Whomever you feel about who is right.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Musk help her pay? Were they fucking around behind Johnny's back? What the hell even is this
It's been claimed that they have, yes.

www.usatoday.com

Amber Heard, Elon Musk make 'Cheeky' public debut together

The actress and Tesla CEO, who have been spotted together, have made things IG official.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Amber Heard on Her Secret Passion, Elon Musk and a Splashy New Role

Though she's a sharp activist, there's no question that Amber Heard is still most known for her stunning exterior (or tumultuous marriage to Johnny Depp and whirlwind romance with Elon Musk). But with the lead female role in 'Aquaman,' that's about to change.
www.reuters.com

Actress Heard denies Depp claim of affair with Elon Musk

American actress Amber Heard denied in court on Tuesday that she had an affair with Tesla chief Elon Musk, or anyone else, while she was married to Johnny Depp.
www.thetimes.co.uk

Johnny Depp drags Elon Musk into Amber Heard libel saga

Johnny Depp has dragged the Tesla billionaire Elon Musk into his $50 million libel action against his ex-wife. The Pirates of the Caribbean star, who previously

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022

A. She said that she had paid it, under oath.
B. When asked why she didn't fully pay it, she said that she needed it for legal costs due to Depp suing her. But Depp sued her 13 months after the divorce settlement was completed.

She got caught lying under oath. It's indefensible.