• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Twitch Directory
This game was supposed to come out today but it was pushed back till next year so to compensate there is a preview of sorts going on NDA free and it has reached the top of twitch(and bumped it up on steam sellers chart as well.)

First public general look at the game. Thoughts? I've played some of it inb multiple states and it feels like a much more polished Survival experience minus the PvP greifing, but without delving into the territory wars, town building and large PvP battles it's kind of hard to see how this game will fare or differentiate itself from other Survival MMOs.

I'll link a favorite Sea Of Thieves streamer below who has had some experience with the game already.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I hate the fact they keep calling it an MMO. It's a survival game with some more persistent elements. It was "fine" from what I played, and I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about going back to my earlier tests (it's been a long time), but it just doesn't feel all that special or worthwhile and I feel a majority of the playerbase that does pick up on it will probably drop off pretty quickly unless they've made some hella changes.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
I played some early version of this it was a so confusing and it was just naked people running around to various campfires on a beach...I barely played. It sounded cool - but uh...the reality was much different.

Looks a million times better now

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the fact they keep calling it an MMO. It's a survival game with some more persistent elements. It was "fine" from what I played, and I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about going back to my earlier tests (it's been a long time), but it just doesn't feel all that special or worthwhile and I feel a majority of the playerbase that does pick up on it will probably drop off pretty quickly unless they've made some hella changes.
After alpha being the typical survival gankfest they pretty clearly wanted to break away from being called a survival game but the survival DNA is in everything this game tries to do. I know they have tried to flesh everything out especially PvE but I haven't played enough this time around to confirm if they have succeeded. The towns however do feel pretty MMO like with NPC's, vendors and player housing.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this. The streamers seem to be having a blast playing, and this looks like one of the more promising MMOs I've seen recently.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing this? Crazy how little people on era are talking about it given all the twitch views.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This game has been in development hell for years. Started out as an MMO, then survival, then more MMO...what is it now?

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Looks more polished than i expected, i think they can make a good enough project with the delay

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I played a bunch today. I like it. Wish their was more skill variety but I like the world and controls a lot.
I like that it didn't have too many skills. Games like WoW and FF14 are great, but have so many skills that mapping them out to keys can be difficult, and a lot of the skills can be redundant or just not fun to use.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I watched quite a bit of it today. Hard for me to get excited about a game that isn't releasing till next year

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Does it play more like FF14 or like an action MMO (phantasy star online 2 )

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Then why click this thread? Just to go "fuck amazon"? 😐
But its not just a "fuck Amazon", there's also an explanation as to their reasoning and conditions for the "fuck Amazon" because if the post was just "fuck Amazon" then that would be a "Drive-by Shitpost" which is a bannable offense.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this.

Why would there be? Amazon has a lot left to prove, their track record so far is pretty abysmal and the MMO genre is a) hard to get right and b) has a lot of tough competition. FFXIV, ESO and WoW are all on a strong expansion wave (in different stages).

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this. The streamers seem to be having a blast playing, and this looks like one of the more promising MMOs I've seen recently.

I'm sure it'll pick up again when it's actually nearing release. There were a couple of threads that had more activity when it still had a release date. It could end up another year away after all.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
To be honest, I've seen enough people say they really enjoy it. They should just release what they got now as early access and then work on it like they were going to.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watching someone play now. Looks kinda eh early on like most mmorpgs but there's a lot of promise. Streamers seem to be having fun. There will likely be more progression options in the release version, presumably.

That UI is very functional (which is nice) but I hate the way it looks. I will say that it looks like managing your stuff seems pretty simple and intuitive.

Cautiously optimistic!

Edit: at least early on, blocking seems OP lol.

Feb 15, 2019
I watched a bit and it looked nice and the combat seemed okay, but idk probably not for me. I just really like the dynamic of actual classes, class specific abilities and roles and like multiple hotbars filled with skills. And New World seems to have no classes, seemingly few abilities and definitely not what I'd call "hotbars filled with skills". So pretty much the opposite of what I like.

I assume no classes etc is really old news but I haven't really kept up with this game.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OK, now my thoughts after playing since first build.

The game has a lot of potential but fails in a lot of things.
There is a lot of people playing right now and I had my first war and we won! After that all people naked in town celebrating lol.
The mechanics are really basics and easy to understand. There are 3 factions and the map is HUGE!
I've no idea if we can use a horse or anything like that but fast travel exist thanks to some potions.
The bad as all games lately is go to point A and then b, repeat but this is in early levels as a tutorial besides always was alpha and technical test build so I just hope they can do better quest mechanics in the future.

Last edited:

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
When I saw that tutorial boss fight drop I couldn't help thinking "Is this MMO Dark Souls?" But it's not and now I'm sad 😞

It's a intriguing game for sure.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Watched Lirik play this last night, thought it was okay but the grind seemed kinda boring.

Was surprised at how full the game was, there were other players everywhere.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I've been signed up for this shit for so long, kinda irks me to see the streamer favoritism again. I'm not going to preorder a game that's changed it's core design philosophies 3-4 times already. That being said, this looks pretty fun. I wonder what endgame PvE and PvP look like.

Edit : watching sodapoppin RP in this game earlier was fucking hilarious

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
My initial impression (like 30 minutes in, so very off the cuff) is that this actually seems really neat? Eager to poke around in it this weekend.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was very, very luke warm on it leading up to it's release before it was delayed and i have been watching and it looks really frigging good. Any idea when it's supposed to hit steam again? I need to play this ASAP.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Made it to level 12. Really lackluster combat so far with only 3 abilities and it's the max. Graphics are really good. Hit detection is hit or miss. Playing with a melee friend I can't shoot at an ennemy if he's in front of it which make it really aggravating.

Story is really boilerplate snoozefest so far. Profession seems pretty in dept and should be fun. Lots of stuff to gather, lots of profession and as far as I saw you can do everything.

Last edited: