• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. I think I've played through it 10-15 times over the last few years. Every time I come back to it I have so much fun. There are still a handful of costumes/skins I have yet to unlock too.

Anybody coming into it for the first time should expect a somewhat janky game, which is typical for an Acquire game. But it's easy to forgive the jank because there are just no other games like it. Truly stealth-focused 3D ninja games are an extreme rarity.
It makes me sad a Shinobido 3 might never happen.

Imagine a sequel that has the alchemy, story routes, replaybility of this one along with an optional CO OP mode where you and your friends can storm a castle and kill people without being seen.

Those satisfying stealth kills need more games.

Oct 30, 2017
Item arrived today. Water in the box and under the label. Completely ruined. Anyone else have an issue with this? I'll be returning it to Amazon

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Item arrived today. Water in the box and under the label. Completely ruined. Anyone else have an issue with this? I'll be returning it to Amazon
Aw, man. Really sorry to hear that. Just bad luck, it seems.
Got my copy today. Thanks for the thread OP.
Awesome! Post some impressions in here after you've gotten past the initial jank and used to the flow of the game's mission structure.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can we get the dancing anime Vita girl wielding a copy of Shinibido 2 and an updated caption, "You got Shinobido 2."

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Gone now. Guess I'll keep an eye out to see if more stock trickles in. Still stand by my Vita.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Super tempted only because it's rare.

But I had lots of opportunities to get one at play asia but never did.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Super tempted only because it's rare.

But I had lots of opportunities to get one at play asia but never did.
You should be tempted by the fact that it's the best ninja stealth game ever made. Unfortunately the Amazon brand new copies are sold out now, but I'd say this is certainly a game worth tracking down however you can.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing because it uses the touchscreen for a few things that aren't otherwise mapped to buttons (e.g. picking a lock-on target). I agree it's a shame, though. I've seen people use a whitelist hack to get around it though.
The touchscreen is totally optional. All of the actions can be preformed by button combinations. I think it's a case of the studio not being around to sign off on it, or whatever the hell Sony requires.

Last edited:

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I've never played Tenchu but I'm always itching for new stealth games to play, so I'll bite on this.

Just gonna have to scavenge for my Vita, wherever in the recesses of my house it might reside in.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
You should be tempted by the fact that it's the best ninja stealth game ever made. Unfortunately the Amazon brand new copies are sold out now, but I'd say this is certainly a game worth tracking down however you can.

There are a lot of people who rate this game highly - and the reviews at the time don't necessarily reflect this.

Is there any chance the publisher will put this out on steam, I see one of the posts above say the developer no longer exists?

If it comes back in stock i'll consider it but I've just personally spent a lot in the last couple of months, so this has come at a bad time.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I bought this game used at a GameStop years ago. It's an ok game but definitely repetitive and low budget as another poster said.

Jun 7, 2018
Even more impressively, Amazon UK has one copy of the ultra-rare 3DO version!!

CHWTACo.jpg

Aug 12, 2019
I'm confused, none of the online prices for this game look that high. Are people just expecting its value to skyrocket or what exactly?

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm confused, none of the online prices for this game look that high. Are people just expecting its value to skyrocket or what exactly?

The twist is the OP is actually the one who had a huge stockpile of copies of the game in their Amazon fulfilled storefront and made this thread to generate immediate sales by touting the game as rare, therefore unloading all of their excess stock :P /s

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Well, these were 30 BRAND NEW copies of a launch Vita game that has been delisted from PSN that just appeared on Amazon one day. I think that qualifies as a pretty rare occasion.

As for my motives with this game in particular, I just absolutely love it and want as many people to play it as possible.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
So this game is listed on the pan store but you can't actually buy it. Was this delisted?

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Just placed my order. Been a game I've been looking forward to playing for some time. Now's the time I suppose.

Also, its the #1 Bestseller for PS Vita games currently on Amazon lol.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Tenchu, but a Vita game is a no-go for me as I have no interest in that handheld.

Dec 3, 2017
SĆ£o Paulo, Brazil
Thanks for reminding me about this game, OP. I actually managed to find a physical copy here in Brazil (the only 1 left at the story, I only found another used copy listed on a different site) and snagged it.

Can't wait to play!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I remember playing this game on my Vita. Was quite fun and a great game. Don't think I ever got the dlc as it didn't look that interesting