• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously things are crazy but keep in mind this happened last time with PS4 too. I remember a bunch of people's orders (mine included, i believe) got pushed back like weeks/a month briefly before getting fixed to launch day again

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah it looks like they're sending this to everyone as a precaution. I'm not sweating getting it a little later as long as the order is solid. Gonna hang on to my target one as well just in case.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered elsewhere but this makes me anxious and wishing i'd made another order.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I get these emails from Amazon about preorders pretty often lately. Well, similar ones. They're just covering their butts so people don't throw a fit when it's a few days late.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious so I pulled up my SNES Classic email Amazon sent out when I preordered that. Here's what they said in the SNES Classic one.

"Hello,

We're contacting you about order # for Super NES Classic.

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com."

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It's why I kind of avoided Amazon, they always do shit like this for some reason... them and Best Buy it seems.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Would people not get these emails from Walmart, target as well or do they just don't bother letting you know there maybe a slight delay.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Could they just be covering their ass or something?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone who successfully pre-ordered yesterday morning receive this email?

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'm guessing this is going out to everyone. Man, imagine having to rely on Wal-Mart now lol

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
I preordered as soon as the Wario64 link went up and I got the email.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
They probably sent this out to everyone just to set people's expectations in advance. I got the email and I preordered literally the instant the link went up.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got the same, but Amazon is my backup anyway in case GameStop goes out of business in 2 months, lol.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think Amazon has a good feel for logistics.
Sorry but they actually aren't this good at predicting launch deliveries for a sold out console this early. consoles come back in stock over and over and there is zero chance that even if they somehow know they won't get another allotment from Sony (unlikely that they won't as Sony gets a sense of exact units being readied) they are predicting they will need every order they got and more after cancellations already. They just don't know all that yet.

jonboi24

Jul 19, 2020
That suck, hopefully that mean their pre-ordered are guarenteed at this point. Anyone from Canada got these yet? I haven't seen any mentions of them yet.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Expected...I can't even get game orders on day of release from Amazon let alone consoles lol. TLOU2 didn't arrive till days after release and now 3D all-stars still hasn't even shipped.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Got a feeling these PS5s will be done like iPhone preorders. They'll get fulfilled as they get them. It may take 2 months for some people.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This is just confirmation that I need to stick with my pre-order direct from Sony, as they're probably the only source who can guarantee you get it. I was debating canceling the Sony direct pre-order if I could lock down a Walmart or Best Buy one, that way I can just pick it up at the store and purchase a two-year warranty, but I no longer trust that they can guarantee me a day one system anymore.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Wasn't going to bother with the Sony invite they sent me, but after getting this, I went ahead and signed up for one through Sony. If this ends up shipping on time, I'm sure I'll find someone in need that will take it for price + tax that I can redirect it to.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
*checks email* God damn it. That's what I get for not being a greedy fuck and not jumping using my Sony invite to secure a third pre-order (even though I'm ultimately just keeping one). Exactly what I was afraid.