• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been testing Atmos out on my pc last few days netflix had been great I decided to try some stuff on Prime Video not only does it not support Atmos but it doesn't even support 5.1 sound on pc how can this be possible in 2021?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't tested it myself because I have a stereo set but try the Windows App instead of the website, it helped with Netflex too.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Because amazon is a shit company and you should stop supporting them.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Last I checked, they didn't support HD video either.

Because "piracy".

Has that changed?

OP
OP
ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Amazon on PS5 gives me surround sound so I'm not quite sure why PC is getting screwed

OP
OP
ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make sense though if I can't get Atmos on pc I'm just gonna watch on ps5 I dunno why they don't allow it on pc. If it's to avoid piracy that's stupid as it's rampant anyways

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Lol at the Disney thing, if the console app is more than 720 someone can use a capture card to get higher rips

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
It's a mess with all these streaming apps. With Netflix, it's shit on Chrome, I think 720p max, no surround sound, hdr etc. With Edge, you get HDR, 4K, but only stereo. I have to use the PC app to get all the features, but the interface is lacking, I used to have a list with new releases, it's suddenly gone. I have to use the browser to put shows on my list and go back to the app to watch them...........

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
99% of people who use PC for Prime Video probably do so with a pair of desktop speakers or some headphones. Amazon probably don't care to put much effort into something that will affect a very small amount of people.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
Did you try it on Edge? I think Netflix was limiting resolution on Chrome/Firefox to 720p as well. I think it had to do something with PlayReady DRM.

Yes, the DRM for video streaming was cracked and the studios sent out a mandate to all digital video providers to limit quality on certain browsers as a result.

You can see it whenever you try to purchase something from vudu, for example:

BtCeRGd.png

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
Last I checked, they didn't support HD video either.

Because "piracy".

Has that changed?

I was playing around with it a couple of years ago
if I had a PC with HDCP working when connected to the display it offered HD video,
if I didn't (by broken drivers, or using analogue video output for example) it was stuck in SD.

OP
OP
ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Checked on the devices I have for amazon ps5 4k 5.1, pc 1080p 2.1, Apple TV 4K atmos, pirated copy 4k Atmos, Apple TV and the pirated copy sound the exact same so it's one of the only legal ways to watch amazon properly, I find this beyond rediculous