• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Article

In a potential sign of streams to come, Amazon Prime Video and Twitch will be the only places where viewers will be able to see an NFL game on December 26.

The San Francisco 49ers-Arizona Cardinals contest will be part of a Saturday tripleheader on the day after Christmas, with the NFL Network having exclusive broadcast rights to the day's two other games. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions will meet at 1PM ET and the Miami Dolphins will visit the Las Vegas Raiders at 8:15PM ET. The day's middle game, at 4:30PM, will stream exclusively on Amazon as well as on its gaming-focused platform, Twitch.

Oct 25, 2017
MLB put some games exclusively on Facebook a year or two ago, including a Jays game whose owner owns the TV network the games are all played on.....

It was baaaaaaad, I think they stopped doing it the following season

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a fundamental misread of their core audience

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Well, that's fine, I have a Roku hooked up to my TV, so I'll just load up the Twitch app, and...oh.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
For some extra context, Thursday Night NFL games already air on Twitch so there's already plenty of Kappas this season so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if it weren't going to on TV at all ok. Otherwise meh.
At least it's on Prime - I have absolutely no interest in having a Twitch account.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big Bump but I just learned that Amazon Prime Video to be exclusive 'TNF' home starting in 2022 this news came out last MAY but I didn't see a thread on it, that's why there's been lots of news of Amazon going after big NFL announcers .