• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still rocking a Canon 650D... a 2012 entry-level DSLR... and I voluntarily passed on taking advantage of the camera price errors...

:'(

Crickey

Banned
Jul 16, 2019
2 Sony a7R II
2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Camera Kit with 14-42mm EZ lens (black), Camera Bag & Memory Card, Wi-Fi enabled, 4K video, US ONLY
1 Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera w/ 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses
1 Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3 MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD - Body Only (Black). Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 Lens for Sony E-Mount Cameras
1 Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50 mm Lens 24.3MP (Silver), Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 Lens for Sony E-Mount Cameras (Silver)
1 Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens, Graphite (ILCE-6000L/H)
1 Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens

okay never mind. I got more than I expected. I was in jury duty when I got the notifications for shipping out. I didnt know I put in this many orders last night lol

lol, what's the total you saved on this? Those Sony A7R II's were also going for 95 dollars? my god.

AwareSnake

Oct 27, 2017
Thats odd considering they usually use kuroneko or sagawa for their delivery. Guess more people in Japan use Amazon then I thought.

Pretty much every delivery I've had of late has been via their own Amazon delivery service. But they were saying it was more the warehouse that had delays with product arrivals and deliveries.

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Some crazy price mistakes. You usually have to find them on the SlickDeals forums well before it blows up, and they usually don't last long. Everyone loves a good deal, congrats to those who got lucky. Which leads me to...

I'm a sucker for a deal.

The way I shop amazon is I add things I want into my wish list. The wish list tells me the price I added the item for and the current price. When price is low enough I will buy.

I've bought a few items on my wish list so far. Mainly the Roomba. One or two that weren't on it, one of them an under armour shirt.
I do this too, but there is something better to supplement this method when combined with SlickDeals. This thread is pretty deep, but wanted to quickly mention the Keepa add-on if you are a frequent Amazon shopper. Basically price tracker built into most product pages. Used to have sales rank info and more for free, but that was recently paywall'd unfortunately

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tempted to jump on a PS4 deal as mine has apparently decided to die (HDMI port has given up and will only sometimes output sound, never video) but I just feel a bit 'meh' about buying the console again. Warranty repair will cost £125 so that is cheaper...

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cool story.

I am sorry for not boycotting over a small group of workers at one location going on strike.

As if any other place people shop at regularly treats their workers better.
Workers are striking in the USA and in different countries in Europe. As far as I know these are two different continents and more than "just one" location on strike.
If it makes you feel better to handwave away the concerns of others with your "facts" then ... you do you I guess. But yeah, cool story with that "just one" location.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Were action cams included in yesterday's price glitch? And are there currently any good deals on an action camera in the $100 range?

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Were action cams included in yesterday's price glitch? And are there currently any good deals on an action camera in the $100 range?
You might wanna sit down and join the support group. Yes, there was a GoPro Black glitch that came with a $50 dollar Amazon gift card basically making the GoPro's free. I haven't seen anything outside of the sessions and clearance being around that price.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
which sous vide do you guys recommend?

The regular Anova is good. Can't go wrong.

Personally I have the Joule, but it's a bit annoying to have to open the app to set my temp. The only real benefit to the Joule I think is that it's really small which is great if you want to keep it in a drawer.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
One of my lenses made it to the local post office for final delivery. At least one of mine looks like it will happen!

The x-h1 camera body and the other telephoto lens still haven't shipped yet, though and are still showing as being delivered tommorrow. I doubt those two will be happening now. Hopefully they were just caught up in the amazon work stoppage, but the longer they sit at amazon the less chance i have of getting them :(

I should have just spammed a bunch of sony orders like many here, but no I just had to spend time and make sure i got all the fuji stuff i wanted first..... bleh!

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
The Tablet and Ice Cream maker I wanted never went on sale so I only got a few streaming channels on the cheap.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, the Sony A7R II was going for $95?
Omg, I'm weeping right now

I know it's a long shot, but if someone if looking to get rid on one, PM me. I've been looking for switch from Canon for some time

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Man I hate that Amazon stop price/deal matching.

I took advantage of the Echo Show 5 deal, but than found out if you traded in an older echo you get $X + 25% off. I tried to get them to credit that to me, but nope only way was to cancel and order it again. They also said they couldn't cancel because it was in the process of getting shipped, but funny enough once it was actually on the truck I was able to cancel it before it got delivered.

Then of course there was a deal for the Pixel 3a XL even though I just bought it on July 6th and instead of just giving me credit for the $100 giftcard they want me to return the phone and reorder. Sort of works out for me since I wasn't super jazzed about the phone and may opt for the 3a now.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there's plenty of them people are getting rid of, if you want to pay 80% MSRP

some people may be willing to trade if you got something though, like a lens or another body from this deal. but yeah, no one is going to be nice enough to sell you a body for cheap when they can get 1000+ for it on ebay or Fred Miranda.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
some people may be willing to trade if you got something though, like a lens or another body from this deal. but yeah, no one is going to be nice enough to sell you a body for cheap when they can get 1000+ for it on ebay or Fred Miranda.

Yeah that's definitely understandable. I got an A7ii with a 50mm lens, so if anyone is willing to trade mine for their a7rii or the a6500 I'd be more than happy to.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

I know it's a long shot, but if someone if looking to get rid on one, PM me. I've been looking for switch from Canon for some time

I got the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III which cost $700 for $100 as part of the error and I still felt like I missed out big time.

Edit: Wait, the camera itself was more $550. I got a bundle.
E

Last edited:

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have opinions on smart bulbs? I was going to pick up some Kasa/Tp-link ones since I'm already into that ecosystem already and Hue seems just super expensive.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have opinions on smart bulbs? I was going to pick up some Kasa/Tp-link ones since I'm already into that ecosystem already and Hue seems just super expensive.
I only have experience with Hue bulbs but they're premium tier for a reason, they're particularly better in WiFi congested buildings because they build their own network rather than rely on WiFi.

On the fence about the Echo Show 5 for $25

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I only have experience with Hue bulbs but they're premium tier for a reason, they're particularly better in WiFi congested buildings because they build their own network rather than rely on WiFi.

To piggyback off this answer, I went down the tp bulb route and it sucked.
If you want a good alternative get a used hue bridge and use cheaper compatible bulbs like those from GE.
My setup is just hues (6) and those GE bulbs (5) and it's awesome; around 5 years old no problems.

My main recommendation for the hue system is the standalone wall switch/remote. It's very convenient because it remembers your most used settings and is a life saver if you sometimes misplace your phone.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Enfys Nest with Swoop Bike is $30 (50%) off. I just want the figure but man that is a good price.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
To piggyback off this answer, I went down the tp bulb route and it sucked.
If you want a good alternative get a used hue bridge and use cheaper compatible bulbs like those from GE.
My setup is just hues (6) and those GE bulbs (5) and it's awesome; around 5 years old no problems.

My main recommendation for the hue system is the standalone wall switch/remote. It's very convenient because it remembers your most used settings and is a life saver if you sometimes misplace your phone.

What was the reason the TP sucked for you?

And I plan on integrating everything into Google assistant to bypass the phone route. The bridge is on sale for $40 which isn't terrible, I didn't know you could get other bulbs to integrate into the Hue bridge though, so that's awesome.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So for anyone whose eligible for that 20% off discover card promo when you use points, you can use the discount as many times as you want until you hit the limit of $50. Just used it to get 20% off physical eshop cards.

Oct 25, 2017
So is anyone else going to say it?
If that's all the money you have...
Medical issue ate up funds. * shrug *
This would've been a good way to make it back (and then triple it).
Not that that not being the case should disallow me from venting.

Anyway, got the money, already filling savings back up, ready to buy SOMETHING I could flip or at least enjoy.

Last edited:

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I still wish I had gotten in on a camera, I had just bought an A6000 the other week. Really would have loved a nice lens.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone seen any decent deals on the budget 50" TVs? I was hoping that TCL's would be marked down a bit more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017

How do you get the Show 5 for $25?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Hue + 3 bulbs for $60
2 * Switch + Bulb for $25each

I missed the switches for $17 when i was adding things to my cart noooooo.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Workers are striking in the USA and in different countries in Europe. As far as I know these are two different continents and more than "just one" location on strike.
If it makes you feel better to handwave away the concerns of others with your "facts" then ... you do you I guess. But yeah, cool story with that "just one" location.
"Workers in the USA are striking" once again makes it sound like all the employees are, which is not the case. One out of 75+ fulfillment centers are going on strike. I haven't kept up with EU.

People are against Amazon because they are the biggest, not the worst. I have 2 family members who work at fulfillment centers. They both got major pay raises in the last couple years and have talked about how much it has improved overall.

So no, I will save my protesting for meaningful things.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Traded in a gen 1 firestick, they gave me $11 off the Firestick 4k, so $13.99. Nice cheap upgrade.

Looking for a nice kitchen knife set today.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I just purchased the Sennheiser HD599 SE. Applied the Discover promo and got $39.99 off the sale price. Used my cashback rewards on it and it came out to 20 dollars total :D

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Workers in the USA are striking" once again makes it sound like all the employees are, which is not the case. One out of 75+ fulfillment centers are going on strike. I haven't kept up with EU.

People are against Amazon because they are the biggest, not the worst. I have 2 family members who work at fulfillment centers. They both got major pay raises in the last couple years and have talked about how much it has improved overall.

So no, I will save my protesting for meaningful things.

Yikes

Oct 26, 2017

This hurts since I was just looking to get back into photography. Ugh. My normal tweeters are lettin me down this year on alerting me to great deals.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys find out about the camera glitches through your alerts or was it posted somewhere immediately?