• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I see there are some powerline adapters on sale. Are they worth getting? Can't hook up my consoles to Ethernet the way my current setup is & would like to improve on that.
Thing about power line is it depends completely on how nice it plays with your home's electrical wiring. There's no real way of telling whether it'll be good or not without actually trying it.

For reference: I installed it at my mom's house and it worked perfectly, whereas at my own house I only got like 15mbps.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I won't go into the real-world debate but for those of you participating and looking for PC stuff, well this is a monster rig for the price.

Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
$999
15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display
Intel i7-9750H
GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
16GB DDR4
256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
Backlit Keyboard

That is one hell of a deal for that price.

PS4 Pro with Spiderman and Horizon in the featured spot for US at 299.99 seems pretty good.

As is this. $299 for a Pro and 2 of the best games on it, great deal for someone whose buying their first PS4.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After my friend told me to calm the fuck down on the ultra wide pc monitor due to gpu capacity and pixel count, I opted to instead put the best 1440p monitor on price watch to see if it drops to my desired price or lower. Hopefully as we approach black Friday.

But I went ahead and bought the best gaming keyboard I could find which had a sale, and the best gaming mouse plus pad.

I'm building a new pc for cyberpunk so all my current pc stuff will remain at my longterm house which I'll visit when I get off time from projects, but my new main pc I'll build plus new accessories will travel with me.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Printer because it was 20. Why the fuck not.

Checking a Logitech MX2 as well. May buy it.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

I'm in the market for a printer, although I'm not sure my requirements for it (prints on light card-stock, double-sided, colour) will necessarily come up this sale.

...on which note, more interesting boardgames are starting to appear for tomorrow, at least here in the UK. Jaipur's a definite one to pick up, I think, and I'm pondering Charterstone.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
I'm new to pc gaming and am looking for a decent mouse and keyboard . I'm going to be playing destiny 2 come September on it. Coming from a controller only gamer I'm a little intimidated.
Any advise greatly appreciated!
Thanks and have a great day.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone have recommendations on noise cancelling headphones?

The ones I had my eyes on didn't shift in price. I'm not looking to spend $300; more around the $200 or less range.

I'm new to pc gaming and am looking for a decent mouse and keyboard . I'm going to be playing destiny 2 come September on it. Coming from a controller only gamer I'm a little intimidated.
Any advise greatly appreciated!
Thanks and have a great day.
Just use a controller, honestly. The game was designed for a controller and works just as well on PC with one. (I'm sure hardcore PvP players may disagree, but it was never an issue for me anywhere.)

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Smart TV, TV Stand, fancy blanket, various peripherals, some clothes, and a host of other planned purchases. It has been a very good prime day and I'll be keeping my eye on the flash sales as they come through.

Edit:
Stand in solidarity with the striking workers and don't buy anything from Amazon. Don't use Twitch.

Neglecting to take advantage of deals which I've been anticipating and for which I've been saving all year sounds like a wonderful way to fuck my delicate budget up. I donate a more than appropriate percentage of my income to personally important charitable causes each year, and so I will be taking advantage of Prime Day and watching Twitch when I get off work.

Last edited:

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Antagonising other members.
Smart TV, TV Stand, fancy blanket, various peripherals, some clothes, and a host of other planned purchases. It has been a very good prime day and I'll be keeping my eye on the flash sales as they come through.

Edit:

Neglecting to take advantage of deals which I've been anticipating and for which I've been saving all year sounds like a wonderful way to fuck my delicate budget up. I donate a more than appropriate percentage of my income to personally important charitable causes each year, and so I will be taking advantage of Prime Day and watching Twitch when I get off work.
Scabbing is scabbing, no matter what sentiments you use to make yourself feel better.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

Checking a Logitech MX2 as well. May buy it.
hope that printer has cheap ink/ refills you can do at costco. That being said, I bought a $40 aio brother printer during BF. Was cheap and I can get cheap ink for it by my god does it print slow. When I had to print 20 pages, last week it took like 15-20 minutes to do so lol

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah life experience has taught many of us that printers true cost is the ink refills. It's ridiculous how overpriced the original ones are.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Scabbing is scabbing, no matter what sentiments you use to make yourself feel better.
I feel fantastic and anticipate feeling even better under my new blanket in a couple nights.

And by the way, that's...that's not what scabbing is. Not even what you're accusing me of doing is scabbing. I understand that this is more about clout-chasing than actual, substantive contribution to society for you, but at least learn the lingo. "Scabs" are new replacement workers or existing workers who work during a strike. If this was about more than internet virtue signaling for you, you would know and care what that word means.

Instead, you'll either make some smug comment in continued ignorance of the finer points or ignore me entirely so you can spout off somewhere else.

megaspel

Oct 29, 2017
If you shop on Amazon for prime day you just got suckered by a scam. They're advertising shitty airpod rip-offs at £30 compared to the "usual" price of £140, despite it never selling for more than £40.

There are no good deals, and you're a scab if you fall for the scam.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I feel fantastic and anticipate feeling even better under my new blanket in a couple nights.

And by the way, that's...that's not what scabbing is. Not even what you're accusing me of doing is scabbing. I understand that this is more about clout-chasing than actual, substantive contribution to society for you, but at least learn the lingo. "Scabs" are new replacement workers or existing workers who work during a strike. If this was about more than internet virtue signaling for you, you would know and care what that word means.

Instead, you'll either make some smug comment in continued ignorance of the finer points or ignore me entirely so you can spout off somewhere else.

Yes people that care about supporting labor over biting on deals during a strike are "clout chasing" especially on an anonymous forum. Good thinking

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Large company treats its employees like garbage in 2019?

I'm soo surprised. Never saw it coming.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you are) Amazon is too engrained in every day lives nowadays. No one is going to stop using the platform, and tweens aren't going to stop watching Ninja on Twitch because workers are deciding to strike.

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
They're striking so they don't have to piss in jars during their shifts to meet their ever increasing quotas.

Sounds very inhuman. Why don't they quit their jobs
If you shop on Amazon for prime day you just got suckered by a scam. They're advertising shitty airpod rip-offs at £30 compared to the "usual" price of £140, despite it never selling for more than £40.

There are no good deals, and you're a scab if you fall for the scam.

But there are price mistakes which technically are good deals

2pDCqEa.jpg

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What's with the entirety of Era saying scab all of a sudden? Did eveyone have the same word of the day toilet paper or something?

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Had a $10 Prime Day digital coupon from Whole Foods or something and got Spider-Man PS4 for $9.99

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Hyperx Alpha right now at 80.99. Great price for that one. It's not a Prime Day deal, just a third party trying to under-price Amazon.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
At work.

Any good micro sd / wireless earbuds / tablet keyboard cases on sale ? .

Dont mean to bug y'all just its going to be a long day so if someone could provide some links i can just add to basket and check out would appreciate.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Someone convince me to not buy the Alienware AW3418DW ultra wide gaming 1440p gaming monitor at $720.

I'm looking at that as well...But I'm wanting to wait for the LG 38inch later this year. Only thing is it'll probably be double the price of that Alienware.

Back last year I was looking into that Alienware monitor and found a few reviews of it. If my memory serves me correctly they have panel issues/quality control issues, which was the biggest reason I didn't buy it then.

Just do a few google searches on it and make sure what I'm telling you is accurate. If not then it seems like a fantastic price.