• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i am paying like $11 monthly for the comcast/xfinity modem + router in one

Any recommendations if I want to buy something, to stop paying them monthly? Ideally a router/modem in one combo

my downloads are 70mbps

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Every year I get a tiny bit excited. And then get on Amazon for about 5 minutes and realize that all the deals are bad.

I did bite on Playstation Classic at $20 finally, though.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon should honestly just sell all items without a discount and use the saved costs to treat their workers at least for these 2 days like humans.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018

Any recommendations if I want to buy something, to stop paying them monthly? Ideally a router/modem in one combo

my downloads are 70mbps

I've had good luck with netgear brand modems/routers. I have a seperate modem and a nighthawk router (I see one for $80 which is insanely cheap compared to what I payed for mine).

I've had bad luck with all integrated modem/router combos since it's a single failure point for 2 different devices you're SOL if even 1 part of it screws up. Which mine did, more than once.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1549210263226ydjgg.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

my downloads are 70mbps

do not buy netgear CM700 or anything with a Intel Puma 6 CPU. The CPU they use is know to cause issues with gaming; its plagued with alot of latency spikes. Check dslreport forums for recommendations with your isp

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Stand in solidarity with the striking workers and don't buy anything from Amazon. Don't use Twitch.
Forgive my ignorance, I'm aware of the strike and I will definitely not purchase anything on Prime day. However, why not use Twitch? I know Twitch Prime is a thing, but I'm not entirely certain to the context/correlation of that one.

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, I've been looking at this LG TV for a while now and hoping to get some insight: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H2R4Q54/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

It's the LG UK6090.

My issues are this:
  1. Is this generally a good TV? From the reviews I've read, it's not amazing, but it appears that most people would rate it above the similar size TCL at 55". I'm a bigger fan of Roku over WebOS, but not so much that it would tilt me in one direction or the other.
  2. I currently have a 40", non-4K, non-smart TV that I don't know what I would do with if we got a new one. Not tempted to just sell it. Is the size difference huge enough to warrant getting this one?
  3. What is Amazon Canada's policy about delivering electronics like this? I'm not available tomorrow and originally wanted to have this shipped to a Pickup location, but it looks like that's not possible. Does Amazon expect someone on standby basically the entire time for when the TV "could" come?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro with Spiderman and Horizon in the featured spot for US at 299.99 seems pretty good.

Been eyeing a PS4 Pro for a while but for being a mid-gen upgrade 3 years later and with next gen coming in less than 18 months, I'm surprised how hard it is to find any meaningful deal. I mean, if you know where to look you can find those games for like 30 bucks total so it still leaves the Pro at 270, which is not that cheap all in all.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Stand in solidarity with the striking workers and don't buy anything from Amazon. Don't use Twitch.

Wouldn't the better option be to purchase as many things as possible, which would put a spotlight onto the workers since that would cause service failures if they were not working. Not buying items means the workers have less to do and a strike is less effective. Just spit balling here.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, I'm aware of the strike and I will definitely not purchase anything on Prime day. However, why not use Twitch? I know Twitch Prime is a thing, but I'm not entirely certain to the context/correlation of that one.
Amazon has bought Twitch in 2014 for a billion dollars (970 million).
Using Twitch by either donating, subscribing or just watching streams (and increasing the ad revenue) will earn some cash for Amazon.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear that, one of the guys I work with told me they're great. Glad I picked em up.

Actually, that's not quite right, I've just realised that I'm using the Cloud II. Through browsing around a bit looks like the Cloud Alpha is a slightly better sound but loses the USB soundcard?

Hmmm. Now I need to ponder whether I want an upgrade!

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Actually, that's not quite right, I've just realised that I'm using the Cloud II. Through browsing around a bit looks like the Cloud Alpha is a slightly better sound but loses the USB soundcard?

Hmmm. Now I need to ponder whether I want an upgrade!
I mean, if you already have a perfectly working pair of headphones/headset then is it worth the upgrade?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Would be nice if the thoughts and opinions on Amazon didn't have to find their way into this thread. Thread should really be able the deals and less about why it is or isn't a place people should spend their money. Save that stuff for another thread.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the workers discount day here I come!
I aint buying shit. Support the worker.

My girlfriend worked in an Amazon warehouse for a couple of years and she said everything in that video is spot-fucking-on. They don't fucking care about you, and if you aren't making their absurd metrics it's your ass. Normal days were just 10 hours of hell, but Prime Days and the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas were 12 plus hour days.
Someone convince me to not buy the Alienware AW3418DW ultra wide gaming 1440p gaming monitor at $720.
See above

Nov 14, 2017
Any deals of the Sony Gold Wireless headset or comparable headsets? I have the HyperX Cloud II that I bought last year on Prime Day but I sorta want to upgrade because being tethered to the PS4 kinda sucks.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey for £20 (XBox)

Non-game related - bought the Star Wars Lego Slave I at £70 to add to the collection :)

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Would be nice if the thoughts and opinions on Amazon didn't have to find their way into this thread. Thread should really be able the deals and less about why it is or isn't a place people should spend their money. Save that stuff for another thread.

Visibility is the point of a strike. Workers don't hold up picket signs and shout slogans to kill time, they do it to get people's attention on to their issues, which in this case are very real and under appreciated by Amazon and need fixing. Standing in support of that requires similar visibility.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

People should be made aware of the strike though. If it makes people ITT feel guilty then too bad

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen first-hand how the awful working conditions can affect the health and well-being of a loved one. The more people talking about how awful the workers are treated the better.