• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I already reached out to IFI about this and am waiting to hear back.

One thing that might be worth noting is that this is the only Death end re;Quest listed by Reef Entertainment (IFI's distributor in Europe). Super Neptunia RPG, for example, has listings for PS4 and Switch by Reef Entertainment, but Death end re;Quest only has this Switch listing from them. There is a PS4 listing by Koch Media, but that one is unavailable to pre-order and is thus probably outdated since Reef Entertainment is handling distribution.

That being said, my guess is that this was supposed to be listed for PS4. The PS4 version was already dated for February 22 in Europe, which is the same date on the listing. If there is a Switch version, it likely wouldn't be announced / released this quickly.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I already reached out to IFI about this and am waiting to hear back.

One thing that might be worth noting is that this is the only Death end re;Quest listed by Reef Entertainment (IFI's distributor in Europe). Super Neptunia RPG, for example, has listings for PS4 and Switch by Reef Entertainment, but Death end re;Quest only has this Switch listing from them. There is a PS4 listing by Koch Media, but that one is unavailable to pre-order and is thus probably outdated since Reef Entertainment is handling distribution.

That being said, my guess is that this was supposed to be listed for PS4. The PS4 version was already dated for February 22 in Europe, which is the same date on the listing. If there is a Switch version, it likely wouldn't be announced / released this quickly.

Hopefully it's not a mistake and it is coming to Switch. I don't think it's super unlikely to be a close announcement to release deal. I swear we had something like this on Switch recently (including at retail) but I can't remember off the top of my head.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not a mistake and it is coming to Switch. I don't think it's super unlikely to be a close announcement to release deal. I swear we had something like this on Switch recently (including at retail) but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I mean I hope I'm wrong and it's true, but looking at what we have it seems more like a mistake to me.

I'll post an update here when I get a response.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will eventually come to Switch even though this listing is likely a mistake. With the announcement of Moero Chronicle H, I am confident that they are moving their back catalogue to Switch.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ghostlight did say they might have stuff to announce soon but this seems too soon and even if IFI was working with them for their more recent stuff I don't they would be simultaneous releases.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I hope that if this is coming to Switch, is not ported by Ghostlight.

Ghostlight currently has the rights to publish the 'Elminage' series in western countries, so I will prefer to see them working in a port of 'Elminage Original' or 'Elminage Gothic' instead of other Idea Factoy game plagued with fanservice.

Or a port of 'Flame Over', which is an underrated roguelite gem.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's an error. IFI told me they don't have plans to put it on Switch right now.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
It's an error. IFI told me they don't have plans to put it on Switch right now.

Any chance it's just them trying to hide it? Isn't that a common answer, alongside "we don't comment on rumors and speculation"? And then bam, a week later it's announced.

I hope that if this is coming to Switch, is not ported by Ghostlight.

Ghostlight currently has the rights to publish the 'Elminage' series in western countries, so I will prefer to see them working in a port of 'Elminage Original' or 'Elminage Gothic' instead of other Idea Factoy game plagued with fanservice.

Or a port of 'Flame Over', which is an underrated roguelite gem.

No need. Starfish have already made 2 games for Switch; that Monkey King arcade port, and bizarrely a port of Heavenly Guardian which originated on Wii and PS2. Plus I think they put out literally EVERY single Elminage game on 3DS, no exceptions.

I'm confident they'll bring the series to Switch.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance it's just them trying to hide it? Isn't that a common answer, alongside "we don't comment on rumors and speculation"? And then bam, a week later it's announced..

Nope, they specifically said that it must be some sort of error because they don't have any plans to release Death end re;Quest for Switch.