• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out once the facist piece of shit is removed from one of the highest offices in the world companies finally feel they have the power to stand up against the facists. This sort of thing should've happened ages ago, but I'm happy that it's finally happening.

Oct 27, 2017
^LOL. You are the company you keep. Enjoy hanging out with disillusioned far right losers.

Imagine having to tell your shitty forum "let's keep conspiracy theories and death threats to a minimum, they're not so much fun and games anymore"

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What does it say when we see that fascist platforms are being taken down and all immediately think of the old place?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First they came for the fascists and it was pretty okay.
Then they took their sweet time going after more fascists, but I was really happy.
When there were still fascists left, I asked them what the fuck they were waiting for.

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
TheDonald's cope levels have reached new levels today.

b9O2Ho9.jpg
Cancel your Amazon Prime subscription to own the libs

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The owners/higher-ups at Parler went from the highest of highs a couple days ago when they were surely giddy that they were about to explode in popularity to now being completely dead.

Fucking delicious.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I am sure Epic will be the voice of Freedom and Neutrality and do something for them.

jBOO55VD_o.png

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
The irony is that there's probably enough money floating around the MAGA sphere to put together a fairly decent cloud hosting service for all these shithole sites / systems.

But what's the point in grifting if you have to spend your money on stuff like that rather than yachts?

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like all the tech companies only take action now because soon the Dems will be in power and they are afraid of suffering the consequences.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
It's all fun and games until a police office is bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like all the tech companies only take action now because soon the Dems will be in power and they are afraid of suffering the consequences.

Obviously. They profited from platforming white nationalists for as long as possible. Now they see the writing on the wall that they'd likely face inquiries in their role in enabling the violence and they decided to try and limit that from happening.

These fuckers aren't heroes for taking a good stance in the 11th hour. They're just covering their own asses.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Even Trump doesn't want this stink on his hands ironically enough. He just wants to rile people up forever since mad people are his brand without ever facing any consequence. Glad he has to face the music now.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I guess they will have to pick themselves up by their boot straps and not rely on george soros anymore!

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Obviously. They profited from platforming white nationalists for as long as possible. Now they see the writing on the wall that they'd likely face inquiries in their role in enabling the violence and they decided to try and limit that from happening.

These fuckers aren't heroes for taking a good stance in the 11th hour. They're just covering their own asses.
While this is true, it's still a good thing. Not everyone will do the right thing for the right reason, sometimes people need to fear the consequences.

Oct 27, 2017
What does it say when we see that fascist platforms are being taken down and all immediately think of the old place?

I mean... Apparently, in that place now is the right time to stop spreading COVID denial conspiracy theories. After 22.2 million cases and 373 thousand deaths.

Wonder what changed in the past, let's say, week šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I am sure Epic will be the voice of Freedom and Neutrality and do something for them.

jBOO55VD_o.png

Tim Epic's enlightened centrism is so illuminating that it can light up the whole West Coast with a single sentence. Now the real party can get started!

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While this is true, it's still a good thing. Not everyone will do the right thing for the right reason, sometimes people need to fear the consequences.

Oh I agree with you 100% which is why I said they did take a good stance. Just frustrating that it took a violent insurrection for them to take it

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020

You're spot on.

These tech companies don't give a fuck about anything but the value of their own companies and the money they make hand-over-fist exploiting this nasty shit. This is a cynical PR move because they fear a backlash that would bring severe government oversight and possibly even regulation, which they loathe.

But at least these shitstains are being purged and de-platformed. So that's something.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020

Amen.

Just like the GOP.

Shit went too far and now everybody is acting shocked and concerned.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Parler will eventually make it past Google and Apple's moderation requirement, which will only serve to make the Nazis and friends appear presentable.
If no one else will host, the Republican fascists will eventually fund and set up their own hosting service.

But a welcome development and respite for sure.
And with this anti-democratic extremist brand now firmly affixed to it, Parler is even more likely to never reach beyond the rightwing lunatic demographic.
It'll perhaps be fringe enough to where fascists who don't want to appear as such, would be inclined to stay away.

Yep, absolutely.
They all remain complicit in enabling things to get this bad. For years they've just sat and let it happen, profiting from bigotry-driven engagement.
That these people get to continue running these services which such vast influence over the entire world, is fucked up beyond recognition.
Facebook people need to go to prison over Myanmar. They aided in perpetuating genocide. They admitted to it. Later they stood in the way of an investigation. How are they not in prison?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Just realized that wherever these people end up its going to shooting fish in a barrel for people looking to find and prosecute people planning to and doing violent things of this nature. They're all going to be In 2 or 3 places because no one is going to want to host these people at least while the dems have the house, senate,and presidency.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
How long until it's actually gone, do we know? Just checked and - at least without a login - both site and shop seem to be working still.

jBOO55VD_o.png
Despite the severe cringiness of "Nineteen Eighty Fornite" I actually agreed with the underlying issue (that developers deserve to criticize Apple's cut when they're not being given any other recourse to provide their content on iPhones).

But this... this isn't it. Sweeney is a weirdo that doesn't seem to understand anything beyond what can make his pocket heavier.