• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Have to feel like Big Tech have been waiting for this moment to give Trump a big "fuck you".

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kek.gif
kek.gif
kek.gif
kek.gif

kek.gif
kek.gif
kek.gif

kek.gif
kek.gif
kek.gif

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Have to feel like Big Tech have been waiting for this moment to give Trump a big "fuck you".
Yeah this is the moment when enough people are doing it that it becomes too much to effectively complain.

The right is free to boycott apple, google, amazon, twitch, facebook, and twitter if they want. See how far they get.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Nah, it's just that nobody wants that heat. He's learning what the consequences of his decisions and actions look like. For the first time in his life, perhaps.

The next time will come when those shady people he took loans from all of these years come knocking on his door. "I don't have the money" won't be acceptable, and his health and safety of his family may be at risk. Chickens always come home to roost, and sooner or later truth and reality will hit. Only question is how hard.

Oct 25, 2017
That would be the only way to get rid of it for good. However that is actually kind of terrifying without a law to narrowly define the exact circumstances for when this can happen. You do that now and we all agree, but without a specific law it will eventually be opened up and abused by others in the future.
Oh yeah it totally sucks that it is possible but it would be quite the self own since it was Republicans who killed net neutrality

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
So what are Parler's options for a service that can handle that kind of traffic? We know Google is out of the question, and I doubt Microsoft will touch them.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
So what are Parler's options for a service that can handle that kind of traffic? We know Google is out of the question, and I doubt Microsoft will touch them.
There are a few places I know of that are completely comfortable with hosting far-right extremsists, so it's not like they don't exist, but they won't be anywhere as scalable as Google, et all.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Lol its like the tech giants are in a dunking contest.

Apple: you've got 24 hours to solve an unsolvable problem

Google: we're not even gonna give you 24

Amazon: lol watch this
It's a dunking contest they should've had a long time ago, though. They were complicit for far too long.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Cloud flare still supports them unless that's changed.
I certainly expect it to change, yes. Allowing their services to potentially be used for aiding, abetting, and providing space for people now known for planning sedition, insurrection, coups and other threats on various targets and minority/ethnic groups?

Nobody is going to want that heat, I don't think.

Who hosts Westboro baptists
Some sites will always be too small for anyone to care about. And Westboro isn't calling for openly traitorous acts to be carried out. They're just dickheads.