• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Who is funding them?

I can't imagine hosting anything yourself is cheap and it's not like the site can run entirely on mypillow ads if sponsers won't show up
Last I heard, the Mercers are funding them.

Also for those of you who think Parler has a competent engineer/web team, I have bad news for you. They don't. I remember hearing a story sometime last month where they had a config file incorrectly configured for their blog installation, which contained the login details for the database (at least for said blog).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I saw on ParlerTakes that the CEO of Parler said it will take them a week to get back up lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So they now are against Amazon, Apple, Google, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook... who's next?

To be honest, I never thought I would see a web hosting service doing something like that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Good. Further we can push them back into their hateful shit-smeared caves the better.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine if all these companies had felt the pressure and responsibility of over site by the Democrats years ago. This is only happening because they see what's coming. Don't forget how they bowed their heads to Trump,

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Lol its like the tech giants are in a dunking contest.

Apple: you've got 24 hours to solve an unsolvable problem

Google: we're not even gonna give you 24

Amazon: lol watch this

Now Microsoft has to go like "Parler users can't use Windows or the PC explodes"

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this whole situation...

What's the problem with Parler? Aren't they just Twitter for conservatives? Why all this muck about them? Are they planning terrorist attacks on it or something?
They are an unmoderated explicitly far-right welcoming platform, anyone who's spent even a little bit of time on the internet would be able to fill in the inevitable blanks.

The Gab dude was bragging about how he's using his own servers to host the site and so doesn't have to worry about them being shut down. Of course someone with the means could always test how robust they are e.g. by a nice bit of denial of service direct action.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
What an incredible rollercoaster this week has been. They're 5 years too late, but watching Big Tech flex like this warms my soul.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Of the big companies, Azure and Google Cloud Platform are next. Doubt they touch them.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wish Amazon would have kept them on so they can be easily monitored by law enforcement.
The concern here is a foreign power will offer an alternative service with servers out of reach of US law enforcement.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I kind of wish Amazon would have kept them on so they can be easily monitored by law enforcement.
The concern here is a foreign power will offer an alternative service with servers out of reach of US law enforcement.
Servers, sure, but not the people posting on it.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are going to see heavy infighting in the party in the coming months. Already seeing it in my state.(AZ)

Agreed. I think Democrats really need to rush to accomplish their goals now because the Republican Party is going to have a deep schism for at least a while between the Trump wing and the rest (I'd be shocked if the Trump wing didn't win out in the end but it'll be hard with no platform for their ideas lmao).

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this whole situation...

What's the problem with Parler? Aren't they just Twitter for conservatives? Why all this muck about them? Are they planning terrorist attacks on it or something?

Yes they used it to plan the terrorist attack on Wednesday and are already threatening violence for the next one.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Well Trump already set a precedent on how to handle that situation.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Agreed. I think Democrats really need to rush to accomplish their goals now because the Republican Party is going to have a deep schism for at least a while between the Trump wing and the rest (I'd be shocked if the Trump wing didn't win out in the end but it'll be hard with no platform for their ideas lmao).
Trumpism requires a charismatic leader. Too many attempts at a successor results in it schisming, one weak leader causes it to fade and it won't last long in a vacuum