• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Where the hell are they even going to host this? I can't imagine google or MS are down either, it's going be somewhere in China

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
JAJAJAJAJAJA

Take that, you terrorist motherfuckers

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a computer person does this mean they have to find a host overseas like 4chan did? Which caused it to crash instantly with the load?

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Hnnnnggggggghhhhh. What a week it's been. Holy shit. It only took, idk, a domestic terrorist attack on our government after 4 years of undermining this nation by creating an underground conspiracy theory that you have to be fucking stupid to believe in and luckily for us we've got way more stupid people than anything else.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about you guys but I'm not getting tired of all this winning yet.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I'm not a computer person does this mean they have to find a host overseas like 4chan did? Which caused it to crash instantly with the load?
Kind of. If they really want to become mainstream, there are not many hosts that can handle the traffic, and no one of that size in USA will touch them. Maybe someone in China will lmao.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Murdoch and Fox News has to be secretly loving this shit.

All these platforms and alternative ways to get your propaganda fix that Fox was having to compete with just getting zapped.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
kek.gif

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Weird, I thought capitalists were supposed to side with fascists? Well, anyway... What's to prevent some pro-Trump millionaire from building an independent platform? There's got to be someone like that out there, with the means and the money.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So where does Trump go next?

Just go so full mask off he's basically peeling back his skin and hit up GAB?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This will also completely fuck the apps installed on phones, correct?

Depends how it's programmed, right? Does the app resolve an IP or does it resolve a host name? Parler has reports of being poorly crafted so it could be the former, in which case, those apps are fucked.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Ah nice double whammy of them having to turn to some second rate hosting infrastructure and not being able to update their apps. So you've got a bunch of fash on potentially insecure apps that will probably end up being hosted on a few rickety old servers in someone's garage. If any person with the technical ability wanted to try to find and exploit some vulnerabilities or fuck with them in any way, all I'm saying is that now would be a good time.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I thought capitalists were supposed to side with fascists? Well, anyway... What's to prevent some pro-Trump millionaire from building an independent platform? There's got to be someone like that out there, with the means and the money.

It will happen eventually but the heat is too much for corporate types right now.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Whats left? 4chan (specifically /pol/) and the other derivatives like 8kun I assume.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, why wait? Why not suspend it now? I hope the extra day allows the FBI to hunt down these people, otherwise keeping it up is grossly irresponsible.