• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Games enters publishing agreement with Smilegate RPG

www.amazongames.com

Amazon Games enters publishing agreement with Smilegate RPG

Amazon Games today announced it has reached an exclusive publishing agreement for North America and Europe with Korean developer Smilegate RPG.

"Amazon Games today announced it has reached an exclusive publishing agreement for North America and Europe with Korean developer Smilegate RPG. They will collaborate to publish a game releasing next year, with specific details to be revealed at a later date."

https://gamemeca.com/view.php?gid=1641549

"Through this publishing contract, the company's flagship game, Lost Arc, will be officially released to users in North America and Europe by 2021. Amazon Games has pledged to work closely with Smilegate RPG for the successful service of Lost Arc in North America/Europe

Lost ARK VIDEOS

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, I saw this on Twitch yesterday and thought 'that looks neat'.
So this is similar to Lineage 1 in play?

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Is this a gatcha game?
Edit: oh its an mmo. Still meh

BilloExx

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Ark was initially very interesting but the shift to mmo kind of dampened my excitement

Also the overlong animations for specials (unless that was toned down) which would hurt the flow of a fast paced arpg.

Diablo 3 kind of spoiled me in the moment to moment combat flow

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
This would be really cool of the game wasn't apparently pay to win F2P trash. Shame, because it looks like a fantastic game otherwise.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i ended up not playing the recent japanese beta since it's too laggy for me with my free vpn

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Is this buy to play or F2P with MT's? Hoping for the former, since F2P usually means shitty inventory management and payment required to respec etc (PSO2).

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
One of my most hyped for MMOs but given this is Amazon's first localization foray hrmmmm. Mixed expectations.

Smilegate is also known for not being the most consumer friendly group either so will keep an eye on it.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
Great news. I've been waiting for years. Now let's hope the monetization isn't as shitty as black desert and the likes.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
this is so weird. I was just watching a class ability/gameplay video for this game a few weeks ago, sad that I would never get to play it. LOL

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll be damned. Wasn't sure if we'd ever see the day.

Does anyone know if Lost Ark has controller support at the moment?

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Finally! Nice get by amazon as well. Looks like they'll at least have one good game to their name (granted they don't manage to screw this up somehow). Now if they can somehow manage to turn new world into something, and try and make a few sp experiences, they might have a shot as a good publisher 😋

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Amazon Games doing what a publisher should've done a long time ago... I can't wait.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That's great to hear. Wondered how they'll come to the west, that's a good choice.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
AHHH IM SO PUMPED. I played the korean version when it first launched and the game was fun as hell.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to play this forever, but man it seems to have really added some odd directions with the ship warfare, hide n seek, surfing, town building...

How grindy is the game overall, for those who have really gone in on the game?

Also, I saw a bow in the trailer, I thought there was just a gun wielding class and not an actual archer?

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
0-50 progression is billion times better than Diablo. End game content is boring compared to Diablo, leaving the pvp.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
0-50 progression is billion times better than Diablo. End game content is boring compared to Diablo, leaving the pvp.

??? end game has SO MUCH variety compared to diablo

it has monster hunter style "raids", pvp arenas, world pvp on islands, ship battles, minigames, dungeons, and a lot more

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
??? end game has SO MUCH variety compared to diablo

it has monster hunter style "raids", pvp arenas, world pvp on islands, ship battles, minigames, dungeons, and a lot more
Variety yes, but so is grinding. I quit because it got to a ridiculous level of grind trying to find perfect party to down guardian bosses fuck that. Getting wiped because of 1 teamate fucking up got frustrating as hell and waste of my time. Ship sailing was nice, finding all seeds was fun but then in the end it got boring because of lack of good repeatable pve content like in Diablo.

Manwell

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Massively hyped. This game is the real deal. It wouldn't be one of the most played MMO's in Korea along with MapleStory and Dungeon Fighter if it wasn't.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
This would be really cool of the game wasn't apparently pay to win F2P trash. Shame, because it looks like a fantastic game otherwise.

There's no way the F2P mechanics that worked for eastern markets will transition over to western markets. This Amazon Publishing deal will likely have a big say in how the game is monetized, but eastern and western F2P markets are pretty different.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Massively hyped. This game is the real deal. It wouldn't be one of the most played MMO's in Korea along with MapleStory and Dungeon Fighter if it wasn't.

Is the MapleStory that is available in the US right now different from the one that is active in korea? Because boy that isn't a nice experience if you do not have nostalgia for the classic game.

Dungeon Fighter is awesome though.