• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Game feels rough, was really hoping to like it but honestly it doesn't do anything better than whats already out there or has been done before.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Enjoyable, but feels like a rough beta to me. Feels like other games but not quite as good yet. Lot of potential.

The XP needs to be tweaked. Out of the dozen or so games, the won my team won we didn't do any of the fluff stuff, just main objectives and frags. We didn't even get some level 4s and definitely no level 5s. And some of the games we lost weren't even as long as that.

thanks for the insight! Any standout modes?

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ehh

it's fine I guess there is a severe lack of feedback

as with all these style of games I find movement much to slow

maybe with a larger pool for feed back they can turn it around

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Those are DLC packs. The gaitme self is free and if you play before June you get enough free credits to buy the first battle pass.

I understand, but for me there's straight up no free option ! lol

w9d4T1H.jpg

edit: seems like a couple of regions have the Free2Play option turned off so far, am sure they will sort it out eventually but still ... lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Terrible first impression... I had the tutorial bug (but restarting it seems to have fixed it?) and the overall speed/level design/graphics were disappointing. Horrible tutorial to introduce the game.

I don't like it when developers 'fake' their screenshots too much, the game looks quite bad on high graphics - so was underwhelmed.

The character design was great though, so I hope they are able to stick with it and address the issues.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Just played around 4 hours of this game to get a feel and honestly, there's a good game underneath all the jank. When everything clicks and you get good teammates, it's kinda cool how individual abilities can affect a teamfight and positioning/sightlines have to constantly change. There's a solid game here worth salvaging, but I don't know if it's going to survive that long with all the issues currently plaguing it.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The balance on this is all over the place. Sometimes you feel like you're doing good damage, then you try another character and you're basically tickling the enemies. The dude with the minigun has the biggest hitbox in the game, moves super slow when he's shooting and does barely any damage, whereas the little tiny robot has turrets that absolutely shred people, and is really difficult to lock down.

The game modes themselves I actually like, but they really need to even out the characters a bit or every game is going to be using the same four.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Looks very much alike The Cycle. Can't they come up with innovative stuff anymore? But since it's free I'm gonna take a look, although my expectations aren't too high (especially since it seems that every bloody game wants to trap you into its grind and fear of missing out and wants you to commit to it full-time... you shall not have another game besides me!)
Honestly, all these hero shooter games look the exact same to me.
Also this.

I mean, it looks kinda fun, but many games are fun and there are only so many games you can play simultaneously.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not a fan at all. Just feels way too sluggish, feedback feels like crap and it's just mowing down until you see another player. The story dump in the tutorial followed by Summer saying "Intrigue? I just wanna kill things!" meant the story part was a total waste of time.

Game modes had some good ideas. Some abilities are neat and hope they're ripped off by a better game. But that's about the nicest things I can say.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, not great. Kinda enjoyed the first match I played with Mendoza - but winning is always a bit enjoyable at least. Tried that heavy mini-gun guy after that and that was super horrible. It felt like I didn't do any damage at all and I was slow as fuck.

Graphics are very subpar. They look washed out and the Anti-Aliasing isn't great. Still jaggy, even at 1440p. Is there even music in the game? Why is there no text-chat in a team based game or did I just miss the button? Why are all the AI enemies just standing around being no threat at all?

EDIT: And how is this a product of a company that has virtually limitless money? How is this their entry in the videogame market?

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Played a match... meh. It's just mediocre. Neither good or bad mediocre. I liked the 4v4 game mode I played, I feel like it has potential. Match time was good as well, around 15 minutes. Gameplay was a bit clunky, though I think this should be judged based on the games budget.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately it really feels like this game needs quite a bit more time in the oven. Just makes me miss Gigantic tbh

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
It's ok. You can have some fun, but it is also not great. Teamfights feel chaotic and weapons don't feel like they have a lot impact. The wildlife is also more annoying than interesting to fight

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's kinda wild that it feels like Amazon just sorta farted this game out to no fanfare or marketing. The fact that there aren't any Twitch Prime offers going for it is BONKERS to me. It makes me wonder what Amazon's other game going out this summer is going to look like.

As for the game itself, it's fine. I'll echo most people with that much and say that I wish it were more interesting because i like the characters and (generally) the movesets. They have interesting ideas but almost no strong execution.

Nov 20, 2019
It's kinda wild that it feels like Amazon just sorta farted this game out to no fanfare or marketing. The fact that there aren't any Twitch Prime offers going for it is BONKERS to me. It makes me wonder what Amazon's other game going out this summer is going to look like.

As for the game itself, it's fine. I'll echo most people with that much and say that I wish it were more interesting because i like the characters and (generally) the movesets. They have interesting ideas but almost no strong execution.
This

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
You can't even type to your teammates in a TEAM GAME. Zero communication except through pings. The game is not good people.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Why are people acting like its impossible for a game like this to be good? lol

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't even type to your teammates in a TEAM GAME. Zero communication except through pings. The game is not good people.

They're adding that in. There's a lot about the game that seems like they rushed it out. Basic communication features shouldn't be in a future patch. There's a bunch of polish stuff missing. I really enjoy the game when playing as a 4-man premade party, but it has a lot of issues.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is it officially out in the UK yet? If not is there anyway I can Region switch or something to get it? Want to try it out of curiosity.

EDIT - I checked and steam let me download it so I assume it's out here too.

Last edited:

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Christ this is annoying.

Match-make with randoms, the loading screen tells you what to do and instead the rest of my 'team' scatter to farm random PvE content whilst the opposition heads to the hive and sets up an ambush.

Match after match players don't seem to get that there is a goal and when the hive is up you should at least be heading towards it <sigh>

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Christ this is annoying.

Match-make with randoms, the loading screen tells you what to do and instead the rest of my 'team' scatter to farm random PvE content whilst the opposition heads to the hive and sets up an ambush.

Match after match players don't seem to get that there is a goal and when the hive is up you should at least be heading towards it <sigh>

Yeah people don't seem to understand the match flow yet of splitting off to capture & farm, and then coming back together to fight for the hive. Having text or voice would make it much easier to help people understand what they're supposed to be doing.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This game has no auto kick system if someone on your team is AFK the entire time. In 2020.

Also why the hell is there a tutorial you have to go through when it does literally nothing to explain the point of the game, what to do or how to win?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game has no auto kick system if someone on your team is AFK the entire time. In 2020.

Also why the hell is there a tutorial you have to go through when it does literally nothing to explain the point of the game, what to do or how to win?
Yeah I played two games. First game, two of my team were inactive immediately and the third quit after 2.minutes.

After getting killed 3 or 4 times I quit too... Only to see that I couldn't start any other game, I could only rejoin the one I left... So I rejoined it to at least get some xp whilst I was shit over and over.

I get that quitters shouldn't be able to just leave and get a new match... But I honestly have to stay in the game when all 3 team mates have gone? In a team based shooter?

Second game was kind of fun. We have two full teams of 4 and there were some back and forth fights over the hive.

It has a handy dandy ping system so at least it's got that.

IMHO it's a perfectly fine game but as many have said the market for competitive shooters is pretty saturated.

I can't see this unseating overwatch as that has such an entrenched player base.

EDIT, left in the shit/shot typo as either works... I was also using a controller (I know its pc only right now) and the controller options and settings weren't great. No aim assist or stickiness make it pretty brutal against m+kb

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a lot more of the game and I am enjoying it a lot, but I do think it's going to have issues getting attached with people. The matchmaking system seems to take a long time because you match in as your desired character. Bold choice, but it's going to hurt them.

Also, Bugg is really overpowered.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Game is fun if you play with others over discord or whatever, borderline unplayable without it tho. Specially the alpha hunter mode, that requires a ton of talking

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Downloaded, installed, played, streamed, closed, deleted. I'm just bad at it, and the world is so big that I find hard to find what I'm supposed to aim. Also, runs pretty bad on my igpu, so, pass.

Oct 27, 2017
3.6k players during the prime time. It is F2P... B-B-B-BOMBA

The MMO is going to meet the same fate. It will be the 4th Bomba in the row...

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I personally love the game..............but, and this a huge, gigantic but....

WHO THE FUCK RELEASES A MULTIPLAYER ONLY TITLE WITH ZERO COMMUNICATIONS????

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
3.6k players during the prime time. It is F2P... B-B-B-BOMBA

The MMO is going to meet the same fate. It will be the 4th Bomba in the row...
I actually think the MMO is going to do alright. Whole lot less competition in that space and people in to MMOs are always dying for a new one even if they don't always stick with them. There's nothing else coming out like that at that level that I can think of except Pearl Abyss's next gen of MMOs and who knows when those will come out (let alone in the US).

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably one of the few that liked Battleborn more than Overwatch. Thought I'd give this a try. So far it's a big eh. Runs well and the graphics are ok. Characters seem kind of dull right now.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Crucible, Amazon's recently launched free-to-play team-based shooter, will be "retiring" two of its three modes "for the foreseeable future".
In a new developer update, however, Relentless has announced it will be "retiring" all but Hearts of the Hive mode, which it says is where an overwhelming number of all matches are played. "Focusing on one mode allows us to refine the design of core systems without the compromises we needed to make to support three game modes", it explained.

Not a good sign: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...oter-crucible-retiring-two-of-its-three-modes

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It won't be long before the entire game folds, I'd bet. It has around 600-800 players and that's probably not enough to sustain a game like this, especially when it's free to play.

It should have launched with one well developed mode and focused everything in the game around that.
I tried the game for a couple hours, and at first I was excited to try something new, but I didn't have much fun with it, and gave up on it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The developer update made me laugh

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

They're clearly very receptive at least which is great to see, I just couldn't stop laughing at the dude talking with his walmart mic