• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Even if the person was being emotionally distressing to you. Just walk away and bitch about them to family.

You don't punch them. This was no self defense.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Man, someone got off the wrong foot. Maybe she was being called this and other names like a hundred fucking time this week and this one got her snapped.

She should have said this and be honest about instead of going for """"self-defense""". Also, she could give her warning first.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Sounds completely straightforward. You don't assault someone because they called you a bitch. Sucker punching someone when they're not expecting it can fuckin kill them.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Elderly people often don't bounce all the way back from even minor fractures or breaks. Hope the nose injury isn't life changing and she makes a full recovery.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came in expecting *that* word to be said and was surprised it wasn't used. I was raised to know that if I ever used that word 1. I fucked up royally somewhere in my life. 2. I deserve anything outside of getting killed for what happens to me.
What happened here sucks and she totally did not deserve that.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
They aren't following because they don't want to follow. Intentionally misconstruing her words and posting blatant falsehoods such as she didn't walk back her initial stance (she did) just so they can justify ganging up on her. And it's not lost on me they're doing this to possibly the only black female mod on this forum.

Y'all think y'all slick but you're not. If you got some misogyny on your mind then say with it your chest rather than hide behind these feckless accusations.
It is suspect for sure.

People did the same on GAF many years ago when bishoptl (black male mod) made a mistake. A few posters who were rarely seen in Off-Topic would drop one-liners about bishoptl/site staff and then head back to gaming side.

History repeats itself.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I want that the admins respect the rules like everyone else and when they break them, they should lose their admin role.It's not that hard.I bet a lot of us have seen members get banned for WAY less than this.

Also seen people say much worse and not get a warning.

Come on. Its not like she said "I don't care what the old lady said, fuck her, only a shame she was awake at the time."

This place conditions you to make those assumptions. I made the same thing before I saw the OP mentioned in a post the word Bitch , which wasn't in the OP. And she gave a pretty sincere apology within hours. Been here long enough to know most other mods definetley won't do that.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
Some class privilege in this thread. When you grow up struggling sometimes the only thing you have is your reputation. That is why you should never insult someone unless you are ready to throw hands.

Lady is out here getting shit pay for a tough job to have someone come out and call her a bitch? Nah.

The american justice system is literally built on the idea that we should hurt people who hurt people, to show that hurting people is wrong. Don't act all surprised when you get hurt saying hurtful shit. (Note: I believe our "justice" system is busted and we should abolish the police and prison. That said, I am not going to act surprised or try to take the moral high ground when obvious shit happens. This shit is engrained in our culture.)
I did read some terrible takes on ERA, but this one... this one could be the worst.

DreamRunner

Banned
Sep 14, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory accusations and posting an out-of-context screenshot taken years ago to make misleading attacks
Also seen people say much worse and not get a warning.

Come on. Its not like she said "I don't care what the old lady said, fuck her, only a shame she was awake at the time."

This place conditions you to make those assumptions. I made the same thing before I saw the OP mentioned in a post the word Bitch , which wasn't in the OP. And she gave a pretty sincere apology within hours. Been here long enough to know most other mods definetley won't do that.
This isn't her first "mistake".Isn't she the same person that was ok with killing white babies?
The admins need to do something about her or she needs to stfu already.Can't believe some of you call yourselves progressive and have these kind of takes.Makes me sick.
DoVG9EQXsAEqjhL

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
This isn't her first "mistake".Isn't she the same person that was ok with killing white babies?
The admins need to do something about her or she needs to stfu already.Can't believe some of you call yourselves progressive and have these kind of takes.Makes me sick.
DoVG9EQXsAEqjhL

The video featured in that thread was meant to be satire if I remember correctly. Not a very good one and dumb as rocks but that is what it was meant to be. And is the context in which they are defending it. It was not an actual call to kill white babies. It was showing what happened to black people as happening to white people, etc.

I don't know Nepenthe well but I've seen them post enough to know they wouldn't ever actually advocate that.

Edit: this has taken a creepy turn. Im out.

Last edited:

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
This thread wouldn't have been such a shit-show if people left their prejudices at the door and read the article before leaping to conclusions. Instead of adding to the nonsense, the mod posting in this thread could have done their job and kept things under control when it started going off the rails on the first couple of pages. It's not even a complicated or particularly nuanced situation. Now we've got 9 pages of nonsense over an incident where one person was certainly in the wrong.

Nepenthe's apology was good and seemed sincere, so bringing up old, irrelevant posts to drag her is out of order.

The posters trying to reframe the situation to defend their shit takes and doubling down on this one look extremely disingenuous, and blinkered though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This thread wouldn't have been such a shit-show if people left their prejudices at the door and read the article before leaping to conclusions. Instead of adding to the nonsense, the mod posting in this thread could have done their job and kept things under control when it started going off the rails on the first couple of pages. It's not even a complicated or particularly nuanced situation. Now we've got 9 pages of nonsense over an incident where one person was certainly in the wrong.

Nepenthe's apology was good and seemed sincere, so bringing up old, irrelevant posts to drag her is out of order.

The posters trying to reframe the situation to defend their shit takes and doubling down on this one look extremely disingenuous, and blinkered though.
The mod did nothing near deserving of the posts people made about them. Entire thing was blown out of proportion.

At this point, though, the thread has gone off the rails fully with the recent post above.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhm, so if she actually said the N word people here would be ok with beating her down?

Oct 31, 2017
This is littered with he said she said so it's hard to pull anything here.

If the description that she marked it delivered and sat there chatting for 15 minutes is true, that's pretty frustrating. I understand these jobs are fucking hard, customer service type jobs suck, manual jobs like delivering suck, but it's still your job. I don't think invoking white privilege over that is really necessary at all. That being said these situations are always grossly exaggerated. Was it really 15 minutes? Who knows, but I sincerely doubt it.

However, Regardless of what caused the insult, if she dropped a slur, shes a bad person period. There is 0 justification for that ever. While I understand you can't just go around attacking people, ESPECIALLY on the job, there is no situation on this planet a racial slur should ever be dropped. If she is proven to have used a slur she should be prosecuted in some way.

If she actually just used the word bitch, then lol who cares? Was it unwarranted? Maybe, but an insult like dickhead or bitch in these situations 1000% never deserves that reaction. I'm skeptical she simply called her a bitch, is there proof of that?
Lol

shut up

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is derailed with little chance of recovery. As such it is closed to further replies. Any remaining reports will be processed but the thread will remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.