• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
It clearly looks like a toothbrush mustache. What I don't understand is why people in this thread seem so bothered about the change.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get why that blue part is part of the app logo. it's ugly.
It's supposed to be tape, to get the icon to look like one of their boxes

which yeah is stupid as fuck lol. Also all the Amazon packages I get have black tape? So did they try it with black, went no that looks like Hitler, made it blue because ??? painter's tape??, and people still thought it looked like Hitler? And now it looks like Aang from Avatar lol

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Because no one under 40 knows Chaplin
That's true, he died 43 years ago, so until we invent time travel, no one born after his death could have met and personally got to know him.
But I'm pretty sure his likeness is still very recognisable to ton of people under 40. Things like The Great Dictator and many of his other works still appear fairly often in TV.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
That makes it even worse. So they caved to people doing stupid ass trolly jokes on Twitter? That makes me face palm even more.
would you want your company to have any association with hitler? quietly changing it is the best course of action for them

anyway now that the tweet pointed it out to me, I see it clear as day lmao

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Why are you all freaking out about this? They adjusted their logo so there's no potential hidden meaning that white supremacists could co-opt. Okay? Big deal? Get over it.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
1928.jpg
🤔

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Why are you all freaking out about this? They adjusted their logo so there's no potential hidden meaning that white supremacists could co-opt. Okay? Big deal? Get over it.
I don't think anyone is freaking out.

It's more a general exasperation with people and the state of things.

It's like you wake up tomorrow and people are boycotting Pillsbury doughboy because the mascot is white with blue eyes, clearly a supremacist icon. Like why

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
It's like you wake up tomorrow and people are boycotting Pillsbury doughboy because the mascot is white with blue eyes, clearly a supremacist icon. Like why
Who is boycotting Amazon?

Logo designers (and the companies that pay big money for them) go to great lengths to ensure their logos don't have unanticipated hidden meanings. I think it's fair to say this logo looked A LITTLE BIT like a Hitler moustache above a mouth. Of course it makes sense to adjust it.

Nov 5, 2017
That doesn't remind me of Hitler at all.

Looking at it now, it's a stretch to say I'd think the blue tape part on the original icon was hair with a smile.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
My initial thought was Aang from Avatar but hey if you see hitler and want to change it i guess

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Who is boycotting Amazon?

Logo designers (and the companies that pay big money for them) go to great lengths to ensure their logos don't have unanticipated hidden meanings. I think it's fair to say this logo looked A LITTLE BIT like a Hitler moustache above a mouth. Of course it makes sense to adjust it.
What? no one is boycotting it was an example lol

They are only changing the logo because people are making a fuss about it which is bad for business. It looks nothing like Hitler, people will see what they want to see.