• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping Amazon will collapse into the seventh circle of hell in a fashionably horrific manner and Bezos will be taxed out of any pocket money he may be left with after finally paying his employees what they're worth.
LOL. How great does it feel for you to be this morally superior? Really going all in huh?

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Two. E-commerce and then cloud computing. The concept of cloud computing seemed even more outlandish and esoteric than e-commerce when it first launched. Today it's the norm.

interestingly, Jassy was the one who proposed AWS to Bezos. Bezos of course deserves credit for taking the chance on what Jassy proposed. That said, I think of the current leaders Andy Jassy makes the most sense in terms of vision for the company.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
interestingly, Jassy was the one who proposed AWS to Bezos. Bezos of course deserves credit for taking the chance on what Jassy proposed. That said, I think of the current leaders Andy Jassy makes the most sense in terms of vision for the company.
Interesting to note that Satya Nadella is to Microsoft what Jassy is to Amazon.

Hopefully the parallels continue.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Same day as the news of the Amazon settlement to pay $62 million for stealing their own delivery drivers' tips.

Boy I hope he prepared to step down financially.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why do people want a stock split? Just get a broker with fractional shares.

Anyway I hope Amazon is split off from AWS at some point.

Last edited:

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah not at all.

Edit: I take it back, I get what you mean about tenure at Amazon and coming up through cloud. His style is very different from Nadella though.
Yeah, I only meant it in the sense that Nadella was also the lead of Microsoft's cloud computing division. I have no idea what his personality and management style is like.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means less people having to piss on bottles to avoid getting fired for taking a bathroom break.

It probably won't though.

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modern day Rockefeller, and by that I mean a huge piece of shit. Best of luck to the upcoming unionization efforts down in Alabama.

Feb 4, 2018
My favorite "early days at Amazon" stories is how Bezos was able to secure rare and mostly out-of-print books for early customers.

A book distributor in Oregon offered a deal where they would give customers free shipping if they ordered fifteen books.

What Bezos figured out is that he could order fourteen out-of-stock books, add a fifteenth that the customer really wanted and qualify for free shipping. The distributor would send Bezos an email apologizing for not having the other fourteen in stock and send the fifteenth book along anyway.

His legacy isn't great but that process was ingenious.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Dude still haven't spare some pocket change and fund Vinland Saga S2 yet ffs....

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
"Just made literally billions off you suckers over this last year now i gotta transition all this cheddah the FUCK up outta America before I ever pay a red in taxes. Oh yah and i'll open a charity with a couple million dollars or something, whatever."

Azraes

Oct 28, 2017
London
Jassy Jeff wonder which industry will get us Fresh Prinze (entertainment?) or maybe it'll be Fresch Prince