• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is the price being revealed today?

• Yes

Votes: 42 4.7%
  • No

Votes: 431 48.3%
  • I'm just here for the walnuts

Votes: 206 23.1%
  • CHOO CHOO

Votes: 214 24.0%

• Total voters

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Sony is as concerned about MS as some people seem to believe on here. Sony has huge market presence outside the US. MS will not be able to gain any traction in those market by being slightly cheaper. Europe, all of Asia and the Pacific countries will be in Sony's pocket. The same goes for South America. It's just NA where Sony could face real competition but considering how the ps4 decimated the XO in that market this gen, they still have an advantage even with a higher price. By higher I mean $100 max.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was normal for pre-orders to be up before price and release date is revealed? I know it is in Finland at least, I've had PS5 pre-ordered for few weeks now 😅.

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
I thought it was normal for pre-orders to be up before price and release date is revealed? I know it is in Finland at least, I've had PS5 pre-ordered for few weeks now 😅.
In the US I had to wait for the price announcment to preorder a PS4. Although I never preordered and just walked into a gamestop at midnight and picked one up :-)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just let me preorder that charging dock. Love my PS4 one - hope they make it a bit easier to jiggle it into place for Dualsense though - can be tricky with the DS4

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
1 and a half hours till we find out if it's happening or not

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Sony revealing price now would be really weird. It's best for them to just wait until July 23 and wait if MS will blink.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
12:30 PST is a good time for US and Western Europe tbh

Hope it happens!!! Would be early for Japan and Australia but they're used to getting boned wrt time zones

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How are the chances that Dualsense release earlier? I need a new pad for my PS4 but I don't feel like buying a DS4 with the PS5 being "close". Didn't DS4 released earlier?

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
I don't think Sony is as concerned about MS as some people seem to believe on here. Sony has huge market presence outside the US. MS will not be able to gain any traction in those market by being slightly cheaper. Europe, all of Asia and the Pacific countries will be in Sony's pocket. The same goes for South America. It's just NA where Sony could face real competition but considering how the ps4 decimated the XO in that market this gen, they still have an advantage even with a higher price. By higher I mean $100 max.

My thoughts exactly. Sony are leading the race going into next gen after such a dominating showing this gen. They will hope brand loyalty and those exclusives will keep the vast majority in the PS ecosystem, regardless of price (up to a point, they're not going to charge 600+ just because they were successful). Pretty confident Sony have already locked down a price. With nothing to back up my claim, I'm going to say that DE will be €349 and Standard will be €449.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017

Based on this thread, it's not normal. I have an order for both the regular and digital placed. No stress here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Just let me preorder that charging dock. Love my PS4 one - hope they make it a bit easier to jiggle it into place for Dualsense though - can be tricky with the DS4

yeah, the charging dock is the best accessory for the PS4, can´t imagine plugging around cables all the time, i have always a full DS4 sitting on the dock. will definitely order this for the PS5 too.

Oct 27, 2017
How are the chances that Dualsense release earlier? I need a new pad for my PS4 but I don't feel like buying a DS4 with the PS5 being "close". Didn't DS4 released earlier?
Yes, the DS4 did release a few days early, I got mine 6 days before the PS4 launch. Based on just that one occurrence I would say the chances are non-zero, but looks like we'll be waiting till within a week of launch day regardless so it's a long wait either way.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, the DS4 did release a few days early, I got mine 6 days before the PS4 launch. Based on just that one occurrence I would say the chances are non-zero, but looks like we'll be waiting till within a week of launch day regardless so it's a long wait either way.

For some reason I thought it was more than a few days :(

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
I just hope that if they really announce the price and open pre-orders for everything (not just the console), they'll also give us info on the accessories. For example, what makes the Pulse 3D headset special, does the charging base for 2 DualSenses have fast charging, ...

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I don't think Sony cares about what MS are pricing their console. They care about a price point that's reasonable compared to the performance.

They can swallow a bigger loss than the PS4 days, definitely.

Sony are also making more money than MS at the moment, so the question will always will be what is the correct value that the consumer feels is fair for the PS5.
I understand your logic, but this is demonstrably false.

If Sony didn't care about what MS is doing, they'd have announced pricing already.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I believed it for a second...
then i realised...
why would they reveal the price of the system when they even haven't showed the UI or what the create button does?

Oct 27, 2017
Is there something we know that I'm missing about the PS5 Camera that explains why no one says it would be used for PSVR2? I imagine that is the most obvious use for it. Of course current PSVR works, but I wouldn't be surprised if an improved (wireless) headset comes out in 2021-22

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
20 minutes if by going from the 12 pst rumor

No idea where 12:30 is coming from

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
I believed it for a second...
then i realised...
why would they reveal the price of the system when they even haven't showed the UI or what the create button does?

I think if geronimo has actual info, it's retail-side info. Retailers knew about the event because they "had" to be ready to put up pages for the console/accessories once they were revealed. Retailers would know about this too obviously.

But would retailers know the specifics of what that announcement might entail? Would they know if there was an UI reveal in there? Would they know if there was a teardown even? No, Sony would tell them "Hey, might wanna get your website ready to handle a fuckton of pre-orders" and that's it.

So I think if there's actually an announcement, it will contain a fair deal of information about everything. Maybe a UI demo, maybe a teardown, maybe neither of those but other things.

Either way it's coherent to me that someone could know about the date of the price reveal/pre-orders without knowing about the details of the announcement. Maybe it's all just BS tho.