• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's a lot of great choices, but the motorstorm series just feels like it would be a cool collection. I think it was 5 games?

I also would love to see an eyetoy collection with the current camera

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Soul Sacrifice totally needs a MHW like entry, game had some unique concepts and wonderful style.

but yeah, there are tons of ps1-3 titles unavailable digitally nor remade for anything modern.

if ps4 supported physical BC, it would be the best thing ever for many series.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
I hope the PS5 can eventually emulate all their platforms. I'd love to see PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita games on the store alongside PS4 and PS5. There are many games from these I'd like to play again or for the first time so hopefully Microsoft's push will make Sony take this more seriously than this gen (the state of PS2 games on PSN is sad and there aren't even PS1 and PSP games despite there being working emulators already).

It carries over the user made levels from 1 and 2 but doesn't include the campaigns as far as I know (didn't play it for long).
How would you play Vita games with its back touchpad on the PS5? Using the front touchpad wouldn't work.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
How would you play Vita games with its back touchpad on the PS5? Using the front touchpad wouldn't work.
Do many games even use it? Tearaway comes to mind but its already been ported to PS4. I've played Uncharted, Killzone and Resistance and quite a few other games and don't remember any of them using it. Most of the other first party exclusives that were made to take advantage of the gimmicks have already been ported, so I don't imagine it's much of an issue?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I could play the Sly Cooper series on PS4. I don't wanna use Psnow, it is the worst for me of all the available streaming services.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame, but it's all because of the fact that every Sony console pre-PS4 used bespoke, non-standard architectures. This makes backwards-compatibility a far more challenging proposition for them than how it is for Microsoft with every Xbox console using an x86 or otherwise traditional PC architecture.

I wish they'd find a solution, however, because Sony's exclusives are king for sure. It's such a waste that Xbox has the best approach to BC of them all. Both NIntendo and Sony would benefit so much more from having a really comprehensive BC solution for their modern consoles.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Easily MGS4 and Resistance 3. Both Sony and Nintendo stuck with their BC situation due to vastly different infrastructure in the past.

Blankman

Banned
May 24, 2020
Any time I can't find an old game I just hop on PSTV and find it. It's kind of the throw out bin for Sony.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The Ratchet games and the sly games feel really strange that they wernt even like ps2 classics or whatever on ps4 considering alll those Jak and Daxter games are on there

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I would do unspeakable things for an HD port of MGS4 at locked 60fps.

Chances are zero though with the apparent spaghetti coding of the game, among other things.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Less than half of those are amazing. But I would expect the amazing ones to get a PS5 re-release. God of War collection and ICO are a given.

And now with PS5 sporting full PS4 backwards compatibility, nothing will be lost from this point on.

Omar Ramzy

Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Aside from PSVita exclusives like P4G, Every other game on these lists are almost playable via emulators,
RPCS3 is in a really good shape these days and I can recommend it easily.
Although it needs a bit beefy PC currently, I don't think that will be the case in a couple of years at most.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Warhawk

I know the servers are down...but still I had so much fun with it. I would love to see a remaster/remake for PS5. Sorry Starhawk...

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Some of them will survive via emulation at the very least.

Games like Killzone 2/3, Infamous will soon be completely playable. Right now Killzone has issues with framerate, and Infamous has issues with audio but apart from those issues the emulation is nearly complete for those games.
youtu.be

RPCS3 - Killzone 2 - REAL 60FPS TEST

Look at the potential for this fine emulator. You won't see this game look as good as this anywhere else.
youtu.be

RPCS3 PS3 Emulator - inFAMOUS Ingame / Gameplay! VULKAN (033836d8)

RPCS3 PS3 Emulator - inFAMOUS Ingame / Gameplay! VULKAN (033836d8)Subscribe for more videos https://goo.gl/aDX1a1JohnGodgamesHD Channel subscribe: https://go...

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Some of them will survive via emulation at the very least.

Games like Killzone 2/3, Infamous will soon be completely playable. Right now Killzone has issues with framerate, and Infamous has issues with audio but apart from those issues the emulation is nearly complete for those games.
youtu.be

RPCS3 - Killzone 2 - REAL 60FPS TEST

Look at the potential for this fine emulator. You won't see this game look as good as this anywhere else.
youtu.be

RPCS3 PS3 Emulator - inFAMOUS Ingame / Gameplay! VULKAN (033836d8)

RPCS3 PS3 Emulator - inFAMOUS Ingame / Gameplay! VULKAN (033836d8)Subscribe for more videos https://goo.gl/aDX1a1JohnGodgamesHD Channel subscribe: https://go...

Amazing results.

Now I am ignorant to all the workrate needed to do this, but what is stopping Sony having a small team working on something like this for future consoles?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Modnation Racers. I need to be able to play this again with better load tmes. Or come out with the sequel on PS5. I don't care.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
hZQECTd.jpg

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing results.

Now I am ignorant to all the workrate needed to do this, but what is stopping Sony having a small team working on something like this for future consoles?
The desire to do so. Sony has never been good at enhanced BC, the only time they tried that was with PS2 games this gen but messed it up by making the decision to require trophy support for all of them which meant having to spend a lot of time on each game individually.

Sony has access to all the internal documentations that is required to make an efficient emulator, something that the people working on the emulators don't and as such those people have to do a lot of guess work.