• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
There's no freaking way to play these on Sony's latest machine (PS Now is not an alternative) and that's a crime, do something about this Sony:-
God of War 1,2, CoO, GoS and Ascension
MGS4
Demon's Souls
Heavenly Sword
Killzone 1-3
Resistance 1-3
inFamous 1 and 2
Ratchet future trilogy
Siren: Blood Curse
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Killzone Mercenary
ICO

Ok, we have different concepts of "amazing" :)

Also, doing these list now that most probably PS5 will allow to recover most of those games is weird.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Heavenly Sword "amazing" lol might as well bring back those timeless classics L.A.I.R., HAZE, Genji, White Knight Chronicles and Starhawk while we're at it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Persona 4 golden
Pupeteer
Killzone 2/3/mercenary
Resistance 2/3
Infamous 1/2/festival of blood
Soul sacrifice delta
Demon's souls (but soon..... šŸ˜ƒ)
Persona 4 arena
Muramasa rebirth
Dissidia Duodecim
Cisis core

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Came to say Folklore, someone else did. Nice little hidden gem from last gen. Excellent use of motion controls.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the PS5 can eventually emulate all their platforms. I'd love to see PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita games on the store alongside PS4 and PS5. There are many games from these I'd like to play again or for the first time so hopefully Microsoft's push will make Sony take this more seriously than this gen (the state of PS2 games on PSN is sad and there aren't even PS1 and PSP games despite there being working emulators already).
Isn't 3 all of what came before it and more?
It carries over the user made levels from 1 and 2 but doesn't include the campaigns as far as I know (didn't play it for long).

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
Heavenly Sword "amazing" lol might as well bring back those timeless classics L.A.I.R., HAZE, Folklore, Genji, White Knight Chronicles and Starhawk while we're at it.

The combat was excellent, the mix of light, heavy, ranged attacks with blocks for the same. The main downside was its length. You can certainly see its influence on later Ninja Theory titles, including Hellbade.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Sly tetralogy, the motorstorm series, puppeteer, daxter, ape escape 1 and 3, medievil 2 also come to mind. Also most of the psp games

Metallia

May 31, 2018
I worry that the Vita-exclusive DLC for Muramasa Rebirth will remain locked to that platform forever. I love the Vita, but those DLCs added a lot to an already great game that itself is limited to just the Wii and Vita of all platforms.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I really want from PS3 as playable on PS5 is MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. Criminally underrated game. It's so fucking good.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets not forget Metal Gear Solid HD Collection + MGS(ps1)
Not exclusives, and the HD collection is available on Xbox One via BC. I think they're meaning more first or second party stuff. That would be something like Warhawk that was generally well received but not something Sony seems to do much anymore.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
tenor.gif

Asura Wrath

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Crisis Core: FFVII. Not only is it locked to PSP, but it's physical-only too. That's a shame because it's easily the best FFVII spin off.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Resistance 3 could definitely use a 60fps full HD remaster. The other two, especially 2, are probably best left forgotten.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, I thought this was going to be a list of stuff from like the PS1 & PS2 era that's never been revived, stuff like Colony Wars, Devil Dice, Team Buddies etc. And I was gonna have a discussion about how Sony did a decent job of getting a lot of their PS1 library up and running on PS3/PSP/Vita (although still missing many great games, particularly sequels like Destruction Derby 2 and WipEout 2097).

I wasn't expecting it to be a handful of games from the last ~ 10 years!

I mean of those games, God of War 1, 2, CoO and GoS are available on three different Sony machines, ICO on two etc. I'd probably buy an InFAMOUS remaster but not sure I'd be on board with the rest of them.

However, I still hook up all my old consoles and have never really understood the "everything on the newest hardware mantra" personally, but I'm definitely a retro gamer so that makes sense.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
3D Dot Game Heroes is one of the PS3s most fantastic games, and it needs to be more available for people to play.

Not AMAZING but our game from my previous studio is only available on PS3 and will never be available outside of it.
www.playstation.com

Os melhores jogos PS5 - novidades, prƩ-reservas e jogos a caminho | PlayStation

Descobre os melhores jogos que podes jogar na PS5 e VR2, incluindo os novos exclusivos e indies que nĆ£o podes perder, jĆ” disponĆ­veis para jogar ou prĆ©-reservar.
I remember playing Under Siege years ago. Found it pretty fun!

Last edited:

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I would love Pacific Rift 4K60 on PS5! But then again they should update the mechanics somehow. I don't think a straight port would be the best idea.

I would really like to see We Love Katamari on PC and Demon's Souls on PS5/PC with new content and whatnot.
I still go back every few months, hook up my PS3 and play Pacific Rift. It definitely has a unique control feel, but I don't think that it's inherently outdated. Just weighted, like Killzone lol

Oct 25, 2017
Debates about what belongs on the list aside, I would be very happy to see Sony put in the work to get their first party PS3 games working in PS5. Personally I wouldn't play many of them but for each one there's surely a fanbase that would be very happy.