• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Prey 2017, Titanfall 2, Nier, Blur, The Sega Dreamcast.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
81F1bAGK1aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Even with its flaws, Puppeteer was an amazing and charming game.

notBald

Oct 27, 2017
Enslaved Odyssey to the West
Fantastic game with a great story that deserves a sequel...
I liked the art design, but the game was flawed.

1. The game had some interesting game mechanics... that you never really got to use, and autoplaforming isn't all that fun.
2. Character development was odd. Monkey being okay with all that slavery stuff didn't sit right with me.
3. The ending was lame.

My contribution: Mirror's Edge.

Game was also flawed, but it's my favorite 3D platformer. I haven't tried the sequel, but with it being just another open world game, I don't think it can mach the original. I'd be cool to have a linear sequel.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
If I can say just one...Wipeout Omega collection. I have no idea how much it sold but since we don't have a Wipeout 2397...not enough!

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Way too many to count, but I'll go with Grim Fandango. Rave reviews and multiple Goty awards didn't save it. The lackluster commercial success was behind the cancelation of Full Throttle and Sam & Max sequels and left a dent on the entire genre of point & click adventure games. Those couldn't keep up in the fastly growing industry.

A recent one, Pillars of Eternity 2 with barely breaking 100k between may and november. Lawbreakers, fun, innovative and fluid mp shooter was shortly lived. Most of Telltale Games, they took point & click adventures to bit different direction, with more focus on smoother storytelling over puzzles. Sadly it didn't work out in the long run.

Last edited:

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Red Steel 2 was undoubtedly at least in the top 5 best shooters in its generation. It is just a footnote in videogame history ;/

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alien Isolation, and it kills me because it's the first time I've had a game in my top 5 ever that has little to no chance of a sequel because of how it sold. With all other franchises that I love I never worried about them not being successful enough. Sigh.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne need to sell more, just because they're the best games of this generation.

Probably going to be Detroit in a few years.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Binary Domain --- From the maker on Yakuza. Unique "relationship" meter where you need to do well in using your squad during combat, good cast of characters, amazing boss fights, good story with some neat twists at the end.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Transformers: Devastation didn't sell well. It's a very competent and highly entertaining character action game that I think deserved to do a lot better. I wouldn't know why it didn't do well but the switch in gameplay (and visual style?) over High Moon Studios Transformers games didn't please some fans of those games. The "low budget means poor quality" illusion may also be a factor too: I've seen on several occasions people who never played Devastation assuming it to be a bad game just because of its apparent low budget.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 1 & 2.

Such amazing games, really deserved to be played by more people. I only hope they don't abandon the franchise.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Every Sandlot Earth Defense Force game deserves far more sales than they're getting. They're ridiculously good compared to anything shooter related in the AAA industry. And if there was any justice in the world, Dragon's Dogma would have had a proper sequel some time ago.

I'm a little concerned about Dusk that's recently released. Not that I know anything about how it sells, but it doesn't seem to be very popular, even amongst hardcore gamers like people on Era. It's a really well made FPS, about as highly rated as the best FPS games of this generation (https://opencritic.com/game/4927/dusk), but I'm starting to doubt if it'll find an audience. Fingers crossed though.

Yes, it deserved much better and even though Spider-Man is a good game, it's a shame to see their own original franchise sidelined in favor of something from Marvel. We need more original creations.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The Wonderful 101 is, without question, the best game from the greatest living game designer, and it's a travesty that it sold fewer copies than the number in its title.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it deserved much better and even though Spider-Man is a good game, it's a shame to see their own original franchise sidelined in favor of something from Marvel. We need more original creations.

after playing through both i actually enjoy Sunset Overdrive more, what i would do for an X patch.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Prey and Dishonoured 2
Titanfall 2

Driveclub sold over 2 million copies so was actually a success for Sony.
Sunset Overdrive but I feel Insomniac shot themselves in the foot releasing exclusive on Xbox when there fanbase was on PS.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much what is already said here.

Titanfall 2
Every Dishonored game
Puppeteer

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
220px-Zack_%26_Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros%27_Treasure_Coverart.png

The blueprint on how to make an adventure game work for the modern age. It also was oozing and charm and personality.

It bombed super hard though and we'll probably never get a sequel which is just depressing.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Who knows when we will see another game like those

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Of course the price matters. If you're a business would you rather 6M at $60 each or 6M at $5 each? Player engagement metrics are great, but ultimately it's about revenue and profits.

Read the thread title. We are talking about copies that sold fewer than they should have. Not games that made less money than they should have.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Read the thread title. We are talking about copies that sold fewer than they should have. Not games that made less money than they should have.
It's related. When a game sells from the bargain bin, that's not as valuable to the developer and the chances of a sequel for the gamers than a full-priced sale.