• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
There is a serious lack of Brass Against in this thread.

They don't just do RATM, there's a ton of great stuff on their channel

Also the Lounge Kittens do fantastic covers, but I think they've broken up now.

Oct 26, 2017
Throwing a little Drum n Bass in here for those of you who had their defining years Circia 2008:

Pendulum did some fantastic covers back in the day spanning quite a few genre's, here's a choice selection:

Linkin Park - The Catalyst

Coldplay - Violet Hill

Calvin Harris - I'm not alone

(There's a "studio" version of this one but I think the live version is better)

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Rage Against the Machine & James Maynard Keenan's version of Kiss's "Calling Dr. Love" immediately springs to mind.

And System of a Down's cover of Black Sabbath's "Snowblind"

dots

Oct 27, 2017

Kaki King playing Close to Me by The Cure is one of my favorite things ever.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Who knew Ghost could cover the Pet Shop Boys of all bands and make an amazing cover?

All of Ghost's covers are killer and both the If You have Ghost and Popestar EP's are brilliant. I am a huge Depeche Mode fan and even I prefer the Ghost version of Waiting for the Night.

I hope they keep doing covers, maybe even another EP or two of them, hell an entire album of covers would be great, Tobias always picks songs that are excellent to begin with and masterfully makes them fit ghost both musically and thematically.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Beast in Black - No Easy Way Out

Damn

62dbc7a841d90a907ff8af6ed16119c0.gif
cVOBWs.gif
giphy.gif

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Not a cover per se, but someone transposed Katy Perry's Roar into minor key.

It's easily better than the original.

Their Minor version of Taylor Swift's Love Story is also really good.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While many of the covers from these are very hit and miss I do like the cover Go Radio did of this song.

These guys make a lot of great strings covers of songs.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I love "You shook me all night long" by AC/DC and it would probably make it into my top 20 songs of all time.

Timo Räisänen (a swedish artist) did a cover of the song, but in his version it becomes this vulnerable ballad and it just ... transform the song to something beautiful.

EDIT: Timo's cover of Radioheads "Creep" is also ... so fucking special.

Last edited:

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK

www.youtube.com

Wild Nothing - Cloudbusting

There aren't any real lo-fi versions of this song on YouTube, sooo... Here you go! (If you can't hear the stick at 2:19, then it isn't an authentic lo-fi cut...

www.youtube.com

Galaxie 500 - Ceremony

Blue Thunder EP

www.youtube.com

No Vacation covers The Cranberries - Waltzing Back | Buzzsession

No Vacation covers The Cranberries' "Waltzing Back" live at Diamond City Studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Buzzsessions are performance music videos produced b...

www.youtube.com

Hand in Glove

Provided to YouTube by CDBaby Hand in Glove · Alien Boy Never Getting over It ℗ 2015 Alien Boy Released on: 2015-04-09 Auto-generated by YouTube.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018

can't seem the find the video version of this live preformance, but this is the audio and it's just the best.

Oct 25, 2017
I unironically love Cheap Trick, but the Holmes Brothers took a nice pop song and turned it into something transcendent.

That anyone, even Etta James, could make an Eagles song listenable, is nothing short of a miracle.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA

Not sure I'd label it as an "amazing" cover of Bowie's tune, but I just love Dylan's voice (and the band's driving rock version of it) for this version. It just drives the way the song really should. It's funny that Gabriel later does a version of it, as Dylan reminds me instantly of Gabriel as he leads into the second verse.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
This is one of those threads where everyone posts but no one talks about what's been posted. In any case, this is my favourite cover in a long time.

You have to have balls of steel to cover Purple Rain but these guys hit it out of the park.

Also bonus Ice T at the start.