• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
So I stumbled across this cover of Metallica's 'Sad But True', done in Mongolian by The Hu.

...and I think it's awesome. The video itself was crazy awesome as well.

What covers have you guys heard of hit songs that blew your mind?

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
To this day, I still can't decide if Van Canto is more ridiculous or awesome, but I find i almost prefer lots of their covers to the originals:

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

Also, I'm not sure if it was written for the film, but Brie Larson's rendition of Black Sheep by Metric in Scott Pilgrim was pretty fun.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I usually can't take "sad covers" when they appear in trailers seriously but I did dig this cover of "How Soon Is Now" (The Smiths) that showed up in the trailer for The Crown Season 4:

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017

Love the original, but this version is also great. Really love the vibe in this

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Whenever I run into the topic of cover songs, I immediately recall the Ben Folds cover of Bitches Aint Shit. It absolutely blew my 22 year old mind in 2005, but it has since become extremely problematic. Today hipster artists cover misogynistic rap songs all the time, but Folds retired the cover because it retained every lyric and demanded the label pull it from streaming services. He has also since apologized which was the right thing to do. I don't listen to it now for that reason, but I wanted to post because I'm generally a fan of Ben Folds and the backstory on that track is interesting after 15 years.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

www.youtube.com

Toni & Chris Cornell - “Nothing Compares 2 U”

Daddy, I love you and miss you so much. You were the best father anyone could ask for. Our relationship was so special, and you were always there for me. Yo...

www.youtube.com

Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Video)

Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Video)Stream the new Bad Wolves album “Die About It”: https://badwolves.ffm.to/dieaboutitSubscribe to the Better Noise Music Ch...

When she hits that high note near the end.... whew

www.youtube.com

I Will Always Love You

Provided to YouTube by Rhino/Elektra I Will Always Love You · Linda Ronstadt Prisoner In Disguise ℗ 1975 Asylum Recordsfor the United States and WEA Internat...

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The first should be Jimi Hendrix's rendition of All Along the Watchtower, which is probably more famous than Bob Dylan's original:

Lana Del Rey covers Blue Velvet:

Then for fun, Ingrid Michaelson's Toxic: