• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
The Elder Scrolls, From Software rpg's, and Tekken games are pretty much all that truly excite me these days. However I am always happy when a NEW game or IP comes out of nowhere and captures my attention! Believe it or not a game like Dark Souls was once not even on my radar.. and then BOOM! :D

When a new game comes along that clicks with me, it reignites the passion and enjoyment I have had playing games since the NES! :)

If you need a break, enjoy it! Just know that next game to reel you back in could happen at any time! And that is an exciting thought, indeed! :)

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The last game to really hook me was Subnautica. I spent so many hours getting lost in there and I was not a big fan of Minecraft like games originally. Sometimes you just need a genre change to bring that spark back again.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
As many others have said, explore smaller titles. Last time I found myself burned out, I discovered Emily is Away and not only did it shake me out of the funk and really engross me, it became one of my favorite games of all time.

AAA isn't the only game in town.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
As many others have said, explore smaller titles. Last time I found myself burned out, I discovered Emily is Away and not only did it shake me out of the funk and really engross me, it became one of my favorite games of all time.

AAA isn't the only game in town.

Finally found someone who also loves Emily is Away

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
How is getting a ps5 gonna make things better? Youre pretty much getting the same games but better looking. Also dont limit yourself to one platform

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who mostly plays RPGs, I kinda feel you, there's just nothing to get excited about anymore. You either get disposable anime trash on the Japanese side or games constantly lusting after the '90s Baldur's Gate PC RPG era on the Western side, with basically nothing that stands out. I don't have anything to look forward to this year, and it sucks.

It's never fun to feel like your hobby just has nothing to offer you anymore.

We just had (or if on console, are due to have) Disco Elysium. 🤷🏽‍♂️