• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I totally slept in this game (and got the impression it didn't sell well). But I picked it up on Game Pasd and it's a blast. Great graphics and open world, cool weapons and vehicles, fun combat, deep progression and lots of stuff to discover. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular at launch!

Jun 13, 2018
yeah, I loved it. same with their mad max game, really enjoyed that. rage 2 was just mad max with doom first person gameplay bolted on.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Loved the shooting, hated the open world. It felt like the different aspects of the game were at odds with each other; the open world seemed like it didn't want to let me go, even though all I wanted was to pew-pew.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
played some of it earlier and I really enjoyed what I played. Kind of wish it were coop

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i dropped it after 2-4 hrs because life/other games got in the way but what i played was pretty decent. kinda puzzled by the lukewarm consensus but i guess the open world stuff is an arguable deal breaker

will say the story is generic garbage but if you just want some shooty bang that's irrelevant

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i think the progression is kind of wack partially because of the games openended nature (by the time i got the grenade volley skill i had no need for it)& partially because of what they hide behind skill trees (if i didnt look it up i wouldve spent who knows how long looking for crates not knowing you can eventually get a skill that lets you track em) but once you have most of the guns/powers and the gyrocopter, its fun flying from place to place and wasting dudes

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Combat is great but everything else is weak or actively ruining the experience.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I think most people consider the shooting to be fine- it's the mission design and everything in between with the open world that's shit. How far are you in?

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Gameplay was phenomenal but it was one of the most soulless open worlds I have played. Right up there with Ghost Recon and Just Cause.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
That's great that you like it. However, I found it to be very uninspired which is a shame since I think it's got some really good things.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
It's a great shooter, the open world aspect brings it down though.

Still a ton of fun to jump into and just shoot shit.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The shooting was fun but the open world was horrible and I honestly didn't care about any of the characters. I really had to push myself to finish it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Open world is mid but the combat is fucking fantastic, one of the best FPS games out there if we're rating it purely on the gunplay.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
It's....just okay. It's a good podcast game for shooting stuff while listening to podcasts but that's all.

OP
OP
Orangecoke

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, I mean I'm not saying it's God of War or Sekiro, but I'm finding it quite entertaining. Fantastic was maybe over selling it 😂

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I totally slept in this game (and got the impression it didn't sell well). But I picked it up on Game Pasd and it's a blast. Great graphics and open world, cool weapons and vehicles, fun combat, deep progression and lots of stuff to discover. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular at launch!
For how much time did you play ?
One of the main criticism was other than Gunplay there was nothing tying the world together and was boring. Cars didn't felt right at all.

I have yet to try it though and I was a huuuge fan of Mad Max game.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing combat but one of the worse open worlds ever. The progression makes little sense and 90percent of activities are busy work

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
It's great up until the point where you run into one of the many game breaking bugs. Make sure to have multiple saves for this one.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i think the structure of the world and the story is incredibly bland and bad, which is a bummer because i am a big fan and defender of the original and the world and tone really feels nothing like that game at all

Jun 13, 2018
It's....just okay. It's a good podcast game for shooting stuff while listening to podcasts but that's all.
yeah, it was an incredible podcast game. this and ghost recon wildlands are my favourite recent'ish games for this. just doing some checklisting while listening to podcasts or audiobooks. extremely relaxing.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is like Far Cry but if they went back to pre primal game design. It was fun when you are shooting shit but the open world was a drag. They really should have just made it a hub world style game but with levels instead of open world. Think Quake 1 but with NPCs in the hub.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was about to make a thread right now talking about RAGE 2's little issue but I suppose I'll hijack your thread...

Has there ever been a AAA release so shockingly abandoned as R2 is right now? The game has a massive game breaking bug on Xbox One (X) wherein the audio completely disappears after 15 minutes of play. Nothing fixes it. This bug has been in the game since JUNE, reported countless times by countless players and there hasn't been any fix or comment from the either of the development teams. What the fuck is this?!

As someone who has championed this game since launch and was ready to dive in to the DLC this weekend, I was unable to as the game goes completely mute after 10/15 minutes. This needs to be addressed and miraculously, it hasn't been.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
First couple of hours are okay but after the first 5 hours you preety much experienced all the game has to offer. Also the story and the characters are awful. Ending is hilariously bad.

Side activities are incredibly tedious. Main missions are no different from each other. There is no mission design. All missions are just fighting same bosses again and again.
There is only one legitimately good thing about Rage 2 and that is the gunplay. However gunplay can't save the shit game surrounding it.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
I mean the gunplay is great and all but most of missions are the same copy-pasted content. Every boss is literally the same thing, no variation. To me it screams quick cash-grab that relies on Doom's shooting mechanics and any nostalgia for the original Rage. But yeah the guns are great and the abilities are decent.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I was about to make a thread right now talking about RAGE 2's little issue but I suppose I'll hijack your thread...

Has there ever been a AAA release so shockingly abandoned as R2 is right now? The game has a massive game breaking bug on Xbox One (X) wherein the audio completely disappears after 15 minutes of play. Nothing fixes it. This bug has been in the game since JUNE, reported countless times by countless players and there hasn't been any fix or comment from the either of the development teams. What the fuck is this?!

As someone who has championed this game since launch and was ready to dive in to the DLC this weekend, I was unable to as the game goes completely mute after 10/15 minutes. This needs to be addressed and miraculously, it hasn't been.
I'll add that aiming sensitivity on diagonals is fucked and has been since launch. It's much slower than the X/Y axes, which is ridiculous. I am a loss to explain how something so obviously wrong can make it into the finished product.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I was in the opposite situation. Very hyped for the game due to it featuring the Doom gameplay, then I played it on GP for a few hours and thank god I didn't pay for it. This game made me realize how much current open world games are broken.