• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
So it's Saturday and I'm chilling in my apartment. However, I decided to put on jeans and real clothes. I'm wearing a sweater. For some reason I feel gross if I just wear basketball shorts and the same shirt over and over. But I feel like I am in alone in putting on "real" clothes just hanging out at home. Does anyone else do this or am I insane?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Pretty sure you're not the only person that wears normal clothes at home.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
It depends on how comfortable the "real" clothes are, and if there's a chance I might have to video chat someone.

As long as the cozy clothes are clean and not ragged and gross, I'll wear them all day.

Especially if it's raining or snowing, like right now

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I wear a tshirt, hoodie and sweatpants at home. No way I am sitting around in my house all day in jeans.

There is also a difference between wearing jeans and wearing the same shirt 7 days in a row. My home clothing is clean.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Sometimes I do. It might be weird to not put on lounging stuff especially when you're not going anywhere or seeing anyone, but every so often it's alright to just put in the effort for yourself because you deserve that kind of care. So you do what makes you feel good!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
gorudk3d.jpg

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've literally always gotten dressed up like I could leave the house at any time, barring times when I get sick or literally a handful of days during pandemic lockdowns. I just don't feel like my day ever starts if I don't at least put on my regular clothes, which for me is pretty much casual t-shirt-and-jeans but still.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
My brother-in-law is like this. I don't think I've actually seen him in clothes that looked like he wasn't going to work.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I shower every day and put on my t-shirt and jeans. Same stuff I wear to work from home. I'm currently wearing a blue t-shirt, jeans, and tights.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still maintain my routine of morning gym, shower, shave, change into work clothes, then walk down to my home office.

Prior to COVID I worked at a WFH only job for 10 years. I got myself into a deep funk by not maintaining routines. I decided when my company sent us home in March I'd need to keep the routine or risk plunging into that dark place again. It's helped. Also helps that now I'm going into the office 2 days a week. I'm alone there but changes the scenery.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Currently wearing jeans (hole in the knee), and a t-shirt under a sweater. I wear normal clothes at home because I have to walk the dogs periodically, but I throw on pajama pants when it gets dark. During the summer I keep shorts and a t-shirt on while at home.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
When I wake up, I immediately put on two things.

My glasses and my Daddy hat.

Oct 27, 2017
I usually wear normal clothes, although that sometimes includes cargo shorts because they're awesome. Right now I have on jeans and a Seahawks t-shirt.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost never wear real clothes at home, but when I do I feel way more motivated. and uncomfortable

Oct 28, 2017
I still maintain my routine of morning gym, shower, shave, change into work clothes, then walk down to my home office.

Prior to COVID I worked at a WFH only job for 10 years. I got myself into a deep funk by not maintaining routines. I decided when my company sent us home in March I'd need to keep the routine or risk plunging into that dark place again. It's helped. Also helps that now I'm going into the office 2 days a week. I'm alone there but changes the scenery.

I might start getting dressed for WFH now. It's been near a year of sweats and ball shorts at my desk.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When I come back from work it's sweatpants and shirt/sweater, always.

I do have multiple sweatpants/shirts/sweaters so I can at least switch them up and air or wash the others to keep them fresh. But I just can't relax in jeans.

Conversely with current WFH I do always wear jeans and a neat shirt during work hours. I can't be productive otherwise.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
So it's Saturday and I'm chilling in my apartment. However, I decided to put on jeans and real clothes. I'm wearing a sweater. For some reason I feel gross if I just wear basketball shorts and the same shirt over and over. But I feel like I am in alone in putting on "real" clothes just hanging out at home. Does anyone else do this or am I insane?
Sweat pants and hoodies for life

johan

Oct 29, 2017
The trick is to get leisurewear that look like real clothes. That's basically my entire attire

I wore my pink Adidas tracksuit to a client once and they thought it was dope

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
I'm the complete opposite, I can't wind down and relax if I'm in "real clothes". I need to change into something comfy when I get home.
Also no one should be wearing the same shirt for multiple days... That's gross dude.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019
Unless I'm going nude, I'll wear basketball shorts and T-shirt, but it has to be a clean outfit every day. So I have a bunch of shorts and shirts, etc.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck wearing jeans at home. That sounds hella uncomfortable lol. Sweatpants and t-shirt all day.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I might start getting dressed for WFH now. It's been near a year of sweats and ball shorts at my desk.
The very first piece of advice to everyone I hire for WFH is to act like your coming to the office. Shower, get dressed, maybe even drive to the store for a snack (pre-covid). It is so helpful with work/life balance that is in such peril when we work from home. Having a home office (if possible) where you can close the door work then at the end of the day leave and close the door again is very valuable.

At a minimum, if you don't have the ability to separate your 'workspace' from your 'living space' then getting dressed for work is the next best thing. Preferably both.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely change out of pajamas even even I know I won't be leaving my house the entire day. Makes me feel less lazy :)

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Wearing my New England Patriots PJ's and bathrobe right now in remembrance. Feels good man. Brushed my teeth, deodorant and underwear change. Maybe a shower tomorrow?