• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Golddiger?

• Yes

Votes: 1,070 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • Opportunist

Votes: 176 12.4%
  • Who cares, enjoy...

Votes: 164 11.5%

• Total voters

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Okay, OP. I did this shit in my younger 20's. If a guy was cute, somewhat responsible, had a place of his own, and liked to get high, he was pretty much guaranteed to be my boyfriend for at least a few months. It's nice not having to pay for rent, utilities, and pot. Though I never mislead them. I was always straight-up and they had to be cool with it. I would basically say "Hey I'm just looking for a friend to live and have fun with. If you want something more serious, I'm not your girl." Most were okay, some said they were okay but eventually weren't. Regardless, as long as you're honest, the relationship won't implode.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
OP you keep saying you wanna give it a chance and see what the future holds and that maybe, just maybe, you'll like him in the future. But if he wasn't loaded you wouldn't be giving him this chance so that's not cool. If in a month you don't so much as like this guy, what makes you think you will in time? You won't. You're just gonna be in it for the money.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Well if OP doesn't care about the input people have been providing for 10 pages is there any point in this thread still being open

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we should phrase an argument in a way that appeals to OPs insatiable narcissism:

OP, you're such an incredible guy, person, lover, and critical thinker. Do you really think you couldn't land a wealthy person who you're also attracted to? I think you can! I believe in you OP! Someone like you shouldn't settle just for wealth! You deserve it all!

Deleted member 10908

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Youre making him happy with your presence. Its a win win situation. Maybe you'll develop feelings down the road, just make sure you dont become fully dependent (dont quit your job etc), thats going to also make you less attractive to him if you dont have anything else going for yourself

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm literally saying that this is the 2nd thread he's made involving rich men willing to throw everything at him. I'm saying I'm calling fake.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, you are. The question is whether you're comfortable with it. If you are, cool.

But he needs to know this too, it's unfair to him otherwise.

If you want to be spoiled and he wants to spoil you and he's happy with the situation and you're happy, fuck it.

OP
OP

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
No, I'm literally saying that this is the 2nd thread he's made involving rich men willing to throw everything at him. I'm saying I'm calling fake.

I actually had more rich men after me and offer me things. But those were old and ugly. So I wasn't interested. If this one would be old and ugly, I would bail out hardddd.

Most of my exes were financially well off as well. I like to date men who also made it. Nothing wrong with it, I guess.

if this makes me an asshole, then so be it. This guy also likes me because of my position in life.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually had more rich men after me. But those were old and ugly. So I wasn't interested. If this one would be old and ugly, I would bail out hardddd.

Most of my exes were financially well off as well. I like to date men who also made it. Nothing wrong with it, I guess.

if this makes me an asshole, then so be it. This guy also likes me because of my position in life.

Yeah, just stop denying you're materialistic, maybe?

It's not well hidden lol.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually had more rich men after me and offer me things. But those were old and ugly. So I wasn't interested. If this one would be old and ugly, I would bail out hardddd.

Lol but I'm not calling you an asshole, I'm calling you a liar.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A relationship based on courting or being courted with money sounds exhausting to me.

So I can't help you out here OP, looks like we live life differently.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
Well its okay to be oppurtunistic, but only if your honest. Right now you would qualify as a golddigger yes. Because you have not told him honestly how you feel about him. If you tell him and he doesnt care, then such relation is fine ofcourse.

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, ok I've read a few of the linked threads from the OP. I'm convinced none of this is real and that OP lives in a fantasy world where they're wealthy, successful and deeply sexually attractive. I presume in actuality they are none of these things.

Sad!

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, that's ok.
I will not post any proof here. Why should I?

But I will send it later to a mod, as I promised. I'm currently at work.

Being with someone rich isn't anything to brag about or be proud of. Can you accept and internalize that?

So I hope you're proud of how he made his money. You come across as exceptionally full of yourself, with a history of concerns about money and relationships that seems more than coincidental.

I'm in a similar situation to OP, in that my wife works and makes good money, and I dont.

Difference is, my wife is my hero and I'm deeply in love with her.

And we started dating before she had money, but that's kinda beside the point.

EDIT: Wanted to add, your jab earlier about not procrastinating in your mom's basement is particularly funny to me, since that was definitely me, yet we're going to end up in similar positions. Being in a relationship supported by someone wealthy leading to increased free time. Mine will just have love and trust as part of the equation.

Trust is a big part of it. I buy whatever I want, no permission needed. I think a large part of why it works is because i love her, and because of that love, she trusts me. I'm not going to take advantage of her. Your boyfriend will never be able to say that about you, I fear. Do you have compatible family goals?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
This is why I hate this site sometimes. I can definitely be an asshole, but I'm no liar.

Not everyone who has a good life is a liar. And I do have a good life. I've posted many pics on discord of myself. I exist. I even posted nudes there haha.
And I get attention from members here as well with their sometimes creepy pm's. ( I won't mention names)

But if you don't want to believe this, then that's your own right.

Doct0r

Jun 7, 2018
Durham, UK
On the internet many things are possible.
30a.jpeg

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
There's a definite pattern evolving here regarding the op and his various threads on his partners, money and gifts. I'm finding it all very very hard to believe in all honesty.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Did someone sound a foghorn for arseholes? By all means find fault in OP's story, don't believe him, don't approve of what he's up to, but is the hostility really all that necessary?

I don't see any reason to declare open season on insulting members here, it's not usually all that accepted

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I hate this site sometimes. I can definitely be an asshole, but I'm no liar.

Not everyone who has a good life is a liar. And I do have a good life. I've posted many pics on discord of myself. I exist. I even posted nudes there haha.
And I get attention from members here as well with their sometimes creepy pm's. ( I won't mention names)

There are a lot of words that describe how you come across; judging by the content of your threads on here you're at the very least manipulative and cruel and whole host of undesirable traits too.

But whatever. I still doubt any of this is true, but working under the assumption you're genuine; you didn't want any actual advice from this thread on your situation. You created it as a vehicle to push your self-aggrandizing agenda.

Pure Spirit

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Your interest in him faded after a week. When the novelty of getting some expensive things fades, you'll still not be interested in him.

Living off someone else's money means your full-time job is keeping them happy enough to support you. That sounds like a nightmare if you don't genuinely love them.

Bail.
This. The money is not worth it! You will regret it if you stay with him. Sending expensive gifts is also in really poor taste. What is "really wealthy" btw? $2M? $5M? $20M? $100M? How do you actually know he's really wealthy? This is sending off huge red flags.

Dec 12, 2017

Soo you're a gold digger.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
at least sex workers are honest in the transactional nature of the relationship.
If real, then Op really does not sound like a nice person and i'm almost feeling bad for the rich lonely dude.

Oct 28, 2017

See, you really seem to care to tell us things like this when it really does nothing but brag about your position.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
All I can say is, if I were ever to be so attractive, successful, and desireable as OP, I hope I'd find something more constructive than to flex on people on a video game message board.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
From reading the OP, this last page, and seeing that thread is 10 pages long, my not-professional opinion is that OP is mostly a giant attention seeker. And probably a gold digger.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
at least sex workers are honest in the transactional nature of the relationship.
If real, then Op really does not sound like a nice person and i'm almost feeling bad for the rich lonely dude.
I'm feeling bad for him, OP is using the guy. I find it weird how there's some in this thread that want to defend the OP and have zero sympathy for the rich guy just because he's rich. Going as far as to talk about his "privilege" and "power dynamics".

Even more ridiculous when OP is now bragging about being well off, too.

Pure Spirit

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I'm feeling bad for him, OP is using the guy. I find it weird how there's some in this thread that want to defend the OP and have zero sympathy for the rich guy just because he's rich. Going as far as to talk about his "privilege" and "power dynamics".

Even more ridiculous when OP is now bragging about being well off, too.
I at least see the appeal of gold digging if you're not well-off yourself. There's something understandable there, even if I think it's still a poor idea. But if you're already doing well? Makes no sense to me. Sounds like quite the dystopian and miserable lifestyle.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, reading through the thread, and given history, this is attention seeking/bragging.

Despite that, OP, this sounds potentially dangerous. Be safe, and enjoy your life.

Just quit bragging about it and acting like you're "just asking questions."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oooooh, just noticed this thread.

Bookmarking because I can't wait until my lunch break to find out why this thread made it to 10 pages.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017

dude what

who posts stuff like this lmao

Oct 27, 2017
I at least see the appeal of gold digging if you're not well-off yourself. There's something understandable there, even if I think it's still a poor idea. But if you're already doing well? Makes no sense to me. Sounds like quite the dystopian and miserable lifestyle.

It's the manifestation of a perverted world view. Reads like wealth-worshipping. A thread to brag about how much money he has, and his ability to attract those with wealth, like that freaking matters lol.