• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Ummmm
Yeah, it certainly looks like one of them ripped of the other.
I love when they do this in movies and games, especially if it is done well enough for you to miss it at first.

Actually... if both are from Robert Kinoshita, it could be just recycling :P
... and now i need to watch Tobor... it's more than 50yo, with a little luck it has a public domain release on archive dot org.

I agree though, i love ripoff-yet-not-traced artworks.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

Only some letters shine like a star.

To this day, I still can't believe Nintendo let that slip by and made it to production. Just unbelievable!

I never played Dead Space but that one was fascinating! :D

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The main bosses in P.N.03 have German flower names.

Thought you wouldn't hear about P.N.03 today, didn't you?

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I've never noticed that either. I also haven't played many Castlevanias and have never finished any of them. I assume Alucard ends up being Dracula?

Oct 27, 2017
You all laugh, but Im sure that at least someone among you still hasn't realized it's Diddy's Kong Quest (conquest) and not Diddy Kong's Quest.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Which is pretty silly. I'm totally not like my father so I'll reverse his name. I guess I'll call myself Drofdarb.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Mario was original called Murphy and was Irish, but after it turned out that Nintendo's New York Landlord Mario Segale hated the Irish, Miyamoto renamed him to Mario in order to secure another month's rent for free.

You can still see the stereotypical red hair on Muphy as part of this original design
Super_Mario_Bros._box__09338.1397838384.500.750.jpg

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
"Son I am able, " she said "though you scare me."
"Watch, " said I
"Beloved, " I said "watch me scare you though." said she,
"Able am I, Son."

Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age

Last edited: