• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Live is evil backward :O

tenor.gif

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Thats 1, 2 and 3 in Spanish.

A German friend of mine had a similar revelation about two years ago when he realised that Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon have 'ein' , 'zwei, and 'drei' in their names, referring to the amound of heads they have.

Priceless.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Something I've always wondered why is it that Dracula's Classic Universal Horror Movies "son" the one that appears in a ton of other media while his Daughter, Countess Marya Zaleska hasn't made an appearance since her movie debut?

Because she was a fully original character from the movies, while "Alucard" is just a word play on a public domain character's name. And then by the time she's public domain she's too obscure so most people won't care anyway.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Dead Space chapters:

New Arrivals
Intensive Care
Course Correction
Obliteration Imminent
Lethal Devotion
Environmental Hazard
Into the Void
Search and Rescue
Dead on Arrival
End of Days
Alternate Solutions
Dead Space

Can remember looking at the chapter select after finishing the game and noticing this all by myself!

But one of the folks on the development team had already brought it up a few days prior...

And there goes my 15 seconds of fame ... 🙁

Genuinely laughed at this!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Something I've always wondered why is it that Dracula's Classic Universal Horror Movies "son" the one that appears in a ton of other media while his Daughter, Countess Marya Zaleska hasn't made an appearance since her movie debut?
Also I have son in "" because in the movie Son of Dracula where Alucard debuted... THERE WAS NO ALUCARD!!! Dracula never had a son, it was just Dracula in disguise (it's a silly movie) which makes it more baffling to me media focused on Alcuard rather then the actual child of Dracula Marya (especially when Dracula's Daughter is a much superior movie and she herself is a interesting tragic villain of a Vampire wanting to become Human again and fighting the urges to feed).

I think ultimately, the stupid idea of having goofy constables (sorry if term is not right for the looney policemen), complete with fun movie music destroyed the possibility for the movie to be taken serious... i guess they thought it was too dark. Probably a studio decision against the director.

... and in these days having a Bi character was very novel.... (i know i know, but i believe what i want to believe)
daughterofdrgjrl.jpg

It is indeed a far superior movie.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I just recently revealed this to a coworker who has been watching the Netflix Castlevania series. I said "You know, Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards." jokingly assuming they already knew and they were floored by what I had just said to them. lol

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The "Power Up" sound effect in the original Super Mario is just the "Level completed" music sped up.

Slow down the video to 0.25x and you'll be able to hear part of it.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know Tobor...
but that's one heck of a cover ripoff xD

Ummmm

Tobor the Great (a.k.a. Tobor) is a 1954 independently made American black-and-white science fiction film

Forbidden Planet is a 1956 American science fiction film

Yeah, it certainly looks like one of them ripped of the other.

I love when they do this in movies and games, especially if it is done well enough for you to miss it at first.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Wow!

I also know it from the German word, but considering half of the developers were Dutch it's probably from Dutch that they made the strand.

I thought it was a japanese game?
Kojima speaks dutch/german/english confirmed.

Also chose a dutch name for it before they had even chosen Decima engine. What are the chances!
Kojima is a time traveller confirmed

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You joke but a ton of people don't know this.
And likewise when the whole M Bison (aka Boxer, aka Balrog outside of Japan) = Mike Tyson thing was brought up here a while back, people legit had no idea that boxer was a parody, despite the obvious likeness (especially in his SF2 portrait) and the name. Made me feel older than time!