• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaggiBaggi

Nov 4, 2017
When did we get to the "If Nintendo had left the hardware business they'd stop being dicks" logic jump?

You know, they could also... keep making hardware but not being shit in the other areas. It's an option. Wouldn't be the first.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
When did we get to the "If Nintendo had left the hardware business they'd stop being dicks" logic jump?

You know, they could also... keep making hardware but not being shit in the other areas. It's an option. Wouldn't be the first.
In seriousness, this.

The OP image could actually still exist today alongside the Switch, don't use having hardware to sell or being successful be an excuse for how Nintendo treats the community compared to SEGA or Capcom.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I don't understand how the Nintendo community has barely cared for the joycon drifting or the crappy online but has made such an outrage for Melee and Etika

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
And also if Nintendo left the hardware business they would probably be canceling mods on Steam and never showing up on the Steam sales. Thid is more of "what if NIntendo were better with the fans"

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Because these people believe that Nintendo is doing this out of arrogance from the Switch's success and not being control freaks that they've always been even during their worst times. Nintendo was willing to shutdown Smash tournaments during 2013 when they were stuck with the Wii U

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how the Nintendo community has barely cared for the joycon drifting or the crappy online but has made such an outrage for Melee and Etika
I care, but the increadibly poor build quality of PS4 dualshocks and their short battery life this past gen barely gets any mention here either.
People seem to just accept it as part of their hobby.

I'm hoping all these class actions produce results, until then, I'm not going to boycott Switch. The Switch pro controller thankfully is actuallyt one o the better controllers this generation.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alternative reality where an evil coven of hardware engineers at Nintendo are somehow responsible for community management

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
The Etika situation is worse because the initial person who gave it attention again framed it in a way that makes it look like Nintendo especially targeted the Etika joycons when it was one of the 30 or so designs from the same store that they asked to stop selling unless they modified it due to using copyright material without permission which outside of the Etika shells the profits of those weren't going to charity

Last edited:

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Would a thread proposing the world would be better off if Microsoft or Sony left the market last this long?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Some people really don't take it well when they're reminded that Nintendo is the owner of, and has every right to defend, their IPs. This was cringy as hell, especially the Pokémon Prism one; absolutely NO developer/publisher would ever respond in such a way.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks OP, I didn't think anything worse could happen in 2020, but I see there's an alternate timeline where things are even worse.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Most games past nintendo 64 wouldnt exist, that means smash 64 didnt become a hit that means no super smash bros Melee or a lesser title with low budget noche game like power stone.

now extrapolite this to most nintendo franchise like how it happened to sega

So that means most of nintendo franchises are dead and buried or in mobile.

That means Fire eblem dead, animal crossing dead, metroid is dead, splatoon didnt exist, pikmin is dead.

Maybe even zelda.

Nintendoo would actually became the Mario developer.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
i mean
okay
i guess

anyways, really glad nintendo didn't leave the hardware business because the Switch is amazing and one of the most innovate devices in a long time.
Also, JoyCon drift fucking sucks. Fuck off Nintendo and fix it or get the hell out of the hardware business.

it's smash controversy driven alternate reality fanfiction, in other words, big yes

LMAO

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I added the original source here because it had nothing to do with leaving the hardware business and was just imagining nintendo as a more supportive brand.

Didn't really have anything to do with Sega or being more desperate.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
It's hard to imagine a world where Nintendo of America would be that lax on Twitter even if the relation with the fans was better.

If Nintendo's relation with the fans was better, they might port all their games to PC and allow mods that are compatible with the console versions. They might have already made Super Smash Bros Melee HD with rollback net code. They might have fixed joy con drift by now.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is pretty weird looking at it, posting fake company posts telling yourself how good you are and how much they love you.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
goddamn this is whole thing is both pure cringe and incredibly funny.

Canceling that tournament really sent some folks off the deep end, huh?

Feb 11, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory comparison, platform warring, account in junior phase
Nintendo fans always have an "abused spouse" air about them, lmao. You want to help them move on but deep inside you know they'll come crawling back, face wide open for another uppercut.

Last edited:

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have they been cracking down on fanart or is that part of the OP just more about them not bothering to recognize it at all?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Melee community just needs to stop being cringe. There is no reason for Nintendo to ever support the game when they sell a new Smash.

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
Nintendo, who is one of the major console players and is a company more than 100 years old, is a Japanese company. It is not that simple.