• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best credits sequence

• Smash Bros.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Brawl

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Wii U & 3DS

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Ultimate

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For reference

Personally I prefer the Smash Wii U and 3DS credits as I like using the character to uncover art. It's just incredibly rewarding.

Also enjoy Ultimates, but honestly don't hate any of em

Last edited:

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Melee staff roll is an absolute classic, but I think I like Brawl's the best. I like shooting the pictures, and seeing all the trophies I've got.

I nostalgic for the 64 credits, but they are a bit boring. In Smash 4, I remember getting frustrated by being unable to fill some small spots here and there when I felt like my hits should've filled them in. Ultimate's pretty good, but it's visually less interesting than Melee's.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Brawl's version is absolute dogshit lol

You just shoot at a super slow moving and flat looking list of all the characters, assist trophies, items, etc Like what the hell is this? It's a total step down from Melee's version in every way.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
1. Melee
2. 64
3. Ultimate
4. Wii U/3DS
5. Brawl

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Melee's is a little better than 64, but the classic theme is too good. It's basically the smash national anthem.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Smahs 4 was my favorite so far!

The tension of trying to get the last pixels on the image was always great! or when you nailed it really fast, that was also an awesome feeling!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Melee's looks cool but is a fucking mess.

64 still remains king, if only because of the simplicity and that classic credits theme.

Brawl's is probably the worst.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
dear god i absolutely deleted brawl's credit from my mind for how bad it was xD

Meele is a good mix of feeling like a wikipedia article and a minigame

1) Meele
2) Ultimate
3) 4
4) 64
7) Brawl

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I ever even got close to completing Melee's, is it even possible?

I think 3DS/Wii U is the best on a technical level - it actually uses the mechanics of the game and can be a fun way to unwind if you had a tough time in the preceding battles.

Ultimate's and 64's are ok.

I think with Brawl they must have put the actual credits after Subspace Emissary? The one they went with for Classic Mode reeks of "oh crap we should probably do something here".

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Melee > Ultimate > 3DS/Wii U > Brawl > 64

Which is also the order I'd rank the games' quality as a whole.