• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I think the next time we will see a Smash DLC character is honestly at E3. I think we will see two, like they did last year, but they won't release until July/August and then October/November, since this volume pack is much more spaced out.

I think we could end up seeing Crash Bandicoot (or Monster Hunter) and Master Chief. Crash and Master Chief would be absolute huge gets for Smash and would break the internet.

I think they'll just do one reveal at E3 unless the proposed end date is a placeholder. They can keep them 3-4 months apart consistently if they stick to one reveal at a time.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Master Chief and Kratos are the only two video game characters that I think would be seen as a bigger deal. Sora, Crash, and Minecraft Steve would also be huge. I really don't think Dante or any RE character would draw the same level of hype.

Honestly, above all else would be Goku, if we're including characters not originating from a video game. Goku in Smash would crash Era.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Literally Dante at this point since its a matter of when not if for everyone

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
s-l400.jpg

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Master Chief and Sora would definitely make some noise.

A Sony first-party like Kratos, or an anime character like Goku, Naruto, or something would break the internet.

I'd like to see Fortnite character to watch the internet burn in anger.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll just do one reveal at E3 unless the proposed end date is a placeholder. They can keep them 3-4 months apart consistently if they stick to one reveal at a time.
Initially I was going to say the same thing, but I imagine there would be a bit of a backlash because people would be mad at the previous E3 they unveiled two characters, versus one.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Master Chief is the single most iconic video game character that is both currently relevant and not in the roster, so that coupled with him being Xbox's de facto mascot, would be one of the most memorable reveals ever.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
What are you all smoking in these replies? Master Chief, with his many appearances on Nintendo consoles... 🙄

Oct 28, 2017
Master Chief (with assault rifle, frag grenades, and gravity hammer) and Arbitor (with plasma rifle, sticky grenades, and sword).

Ezio

Gordon Freeman with the crowbar and gravity gun would be amazing as well . . . and would actually entice me to buy Smash Brothers Ultimate!

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
I did not care for Banjo & Kazooie.

I would take practically anything over them like 2B, Sora, Amaterasu, Lara Croft, Reimu, Rex (Pyra & Mythra), Agumon or Kratos

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
For me? Master Chief, Sub-Zero (from Mortal Kombat) or Goku (which is unlikely, and that's why would be so surprising)

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Master chief IMO. Once you hear that theme kick in, damnnnn. Even though it's been so widely discussed I still think it would crazy to see and would probably top any previous announcement.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My personal list to match or even top BK, in no particular order:

Kratos
Master Chief
Sora
Sephiroth
Crash
Spyro
Hollowknight
Geno
Waluigi
Ganon (Not Ganondorf)
Dixie Kong
Mortal Kombat rep
Tails and/or Knuckles

But none more than
Goku

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What are you all smoking in these replies? Master Chief, with his many appearances on Nintendo consoles... 🙄

I mean in all fairness we have characters like Joker on the roster who appeared... once on a Nintendo console. I think there are other reasons I find Master Chief unlikely, but I don't think it's that.

Initially I was going to say the same thing, but I imagine there would be a bit of a backlash because people would be mad at the previous E3 they unveiled two characters, versus one.

Well, if there's anything yesterday's announcement taught us, Nintendo will do probably things regardless of backlash.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Any third party character from a big series would do it.
But I feel that Master Chief or Crash would be the biggest ones for their association with MS and Sony.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Minecraft feels like the one major franchise with no reason not to be included in Smash. Tons of skins, stage options, and more recognizable than the vast, vast majority of the current roster.

Smash should be a celebration of all gaming, not just the particular nostalgia that plays to the Japanese demographic.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Chief

With halo coming to Switch too sooner rather than later, it's probably gonna happen

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The three characters that would generate the most buzz are Dante, Sora, and Master Chief. Crash Bandicoot is up there too.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief or Kratos.

Lara Croft is the most iconic character NOT in Smash, but I don't think her reveal would blow minds the way Chief or Kratos would.