• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Oct 26, 2017
Florida gonna florida and what not. This honestly sucks. If we only had competent leaders, none of this would be happening. Almost every country has flattened the curve except the usa.

The Florida Department of Health announced 9,585 new cases of COVID-19 in the state on Saturday, topping the record of 8,942 new cases set on Friday.

Florida now has 132,545 coronavirus cases across the state. The number of reported deaths increased by 24 to 3,390 since Friday.

www.heraldtribune.com

Almost 10,000 new COVID-19 cases in Florida on Saturday

This content is being provided for free as a public service to our readers. Sign up for our daily or breaking...

Oct 30, 2017
It really seems like the lockdowns actually work quite well.

Florida held off on being a hotspot for quite some time.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And I still spotted an ERA poster from Florida complaining in a thread about bars closing, and asking if Sports Bars are also included.
I don't understand.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Where's that article from a few weeks ago saying Florida's low case numbers prove that it's safe to reopen lmao

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, that's a lot of cases on top of the numbers already submitted on previous days, and who knows how many more people have the virus but haven't shown symptoms yet or not known to the state?

If they were sensible and patient, and followed strict mask policies everywhere the numbers wouldn't be anywhere nearly as high and talks of reopening would have been practical. But nope, another populist has shit the bed at the cost of thousands of lives affected.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this is peak as they haven't implemented many measures yet. Shit is going to hit the fan until they implement stricter measures at this point

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Theres gonna be a new topic like almost every day for now on for "Florida sets a new record in daily confirmed covid cases". I just hope we don't start seeing deaths spiking so much too.

OP
OP
Omiee

Omiee

Oct 26, 2017
the measures they implemented this week or today wont have an effect on numbers untill after 2 weeks or so.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I was told everything is bigger in Texas...apparently not (though TX isnt far behind).

The South messed up big time to the pandemic.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
At either the end of last week or the beginning of this week, someone on this board made an off-hand comment that 'Florida will be at 10K cases/day in a week!,' which I thought was quite an exaggeration with how quickly they thought the daily case count would get that high... And now, here we are.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man they've been breaking records every day. We should give them a plaque of dishonor or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.