• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The Yakuza soundtracks are fantastic. If I'm not mistaken, the team behind the F-Zero GX soundtrack also worked on this series? At the very least, the (English) opening to Yakuza 0 sounds like something from it.

Edit: The Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz soundtrack is also rockin', yo.

It's Hidenori Shoji who worked on both F-Zero GX/AX and the Yakuza series OST (from the very first game up until Judgment; he also did the OST for Binary Domain and the original Super Monkey Ball OST, he works on all of Nagoshi's games).

Fans of Yakuza soundtracks should definitely check out the F Zero GX OST as well, it's got all of his trademark sounds like the hype sirens, the distorted voices, heavy bass guitar, strings and banging synths. He's a legend to me. Yakuza 3 and 0 are amazing works of art and he did most of the composing on both.

Nov 1, 2017
It's Hidenori Shoji who worked on both F-Zero GX/AX and the Yakuza series OST (from the very first game up until Judgment; he also did the OST for Binary Domain and the original Super Monkey Ball OST, he works on all of Nagoshi's games).

Fans of Yakuza soundtracks should definitely check out the F Zero GX OST as well, it's got all of his trademark sounds like the hype sirens, the distorted voices, heavy bass guitar, strings and banging synths. He's a legend to me. Yakuza 3 and 0 are amazing works of art and he did most of the composing on both.
...why didn't I pick up the Yakuza collection when it was on sale?

I concur: F-Zero GX is easily up there as one of my favourite OSTs.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
19d.gif

Time to relive the joys of YAKUZA ZERO!

Nov 1, 2017
The only track that I've noticed to be missing from the Yakuza 0 OST is the international opening theme (the Japan release used a different track), unless I'm mistaken?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These soundtracks are pretty lacking, a lot of my favorite karaoke songs are missing. Hopefully 6 and Kiwami 2 are up soon and aren't missing more favorites.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Is this track locked for anyone else? I can't play it. Only one of Y4 so far that it's like this.

Sucks too since i love this particular track. If some of the tracks are gonna be locked, it really kills the point of this release for me, either go all out or don't bother tbh.

EDIT: The Dead Souls album also has a couple locked tracks, bummer.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
Are there any of the OG tracks? One of the few downsides of the Remasters is that some of the original tracks were swapped with inferior ones.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Are these not up in the US yet? Can't find via search and none of the direct links in this thread work :(

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
It's up in the US for me. Yay for 24 hour cinderella! Boo for not having the great opening and end credits music from the Western Release!

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, fellow Canuck! They're up. Search the Japanese title (龍が如く) and you'll find them.

For everyone in this thread: Looks like Spotify themselves made an official Yakuza playlist!! Be sure to follow and listen to that, because that'll let them know how much we appreciate them getting these tunes onto the service!

Looks like this release of the Yakuza music onto Spotify coincides with the release of the single for the Yakuza Like a Dragon opening, which is song number 1 on that playlist. It's called "一番歌" or "ichiban uta" ("Ichiban's Song" or "Ode to Ichiban"). Give it a listen!
I forgot to reply for now, but thanks for the notification yesterday morning! Was stoked to see it and find the Yakuza soundtracks available in Canada! :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, Yakuza 5 is missing a ton of tracks at the moment... hope they can get as much as possible up there though I still expect a few to be cut, what with many of them not making it over into the Western version of the game. I've been listening to this one recently:

(which is a particular boss theme late into the game) that is completely replaced in the Western version.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hope everyone else is listening to this on loop

Sega just needs to wrangle Atlus into putting the Persona OST's up and I might actually pay for Spotify Premium forever

Jan 4, 2018
Hope everyone else is listening to this on loop

Sega just needs to wrangle Atlus into putting the Persona OST's up and I might actually pay for Spotify Premium forever

First thing I added to my new playlist. I would say it has no right being as amazing as it is, but Yakuza music as a whole is pretty great and seriously underappreciated (much like the series as a whole).

Nice to see they have at least some of the Yakuza 2 tracks that got replaced in Kiwami 2, probably the one major things I prefer about the original. And I didn't realize that some of the full versions of the karaoke songs are even better than the in-game versions.

Also, not Yakuza, but I ended up listening to some NiGHTS music and oh my god Dreams Dreams (Adult version) is incredible.

A_Ageli

Oct 24, 2019
Which album is X3 Shine on? Can't seem to find it, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the karaoke tracks above, ta.

Last edited:

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when they went up (I check every few days) but most of the soundtracks are on Apple Music finally. If you go to the SEGA artist page, and then go to albums you'll see them there. I think it's missing Yakuza Kiwami or maybe I missed it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when they went up (I check every few days) but most of the soundtracks are on Apple Music finally. If you go to the SEGA artist page, and then go to albums you'll see them there. I think it's missing Yakuza Kiwami or maybe I missed it.

I see Kiwami, but not Kiwami 2, 6, or 7. Hopefully they keep adding to the catalog, this will make for the most epic shuffle playlist ever.