• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Of course i am talking about Treasure Planet,what the fuck are you smoking Disney i know that movie was a commercial failure but would that movie translate well to live action, i am even willing to take a Disney+ movie,i am not picky do it Disney i dare you

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not much nostalgia and what would be a relatively high budget.

Probably the same reason there's no Hercules remake - though I'd expect that one before Treasure Planet.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's a bad movie, it has no real fan base and it's be very expensive to make in live action.

so yea I can see why they're not doing it.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
Not much nostalgia and what would be a relatively high budget.

Probably the same reason there's no Hercules remake - though I'd expect that one before Treasure Planet.
It's a bad movie, it has no real fan base and it's be very expensive to make in live action.

so yea I can see why they're not doing it.
How are you all so wrong?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
How is a live action version of a commercial flop an obvious choice?

I mean I would say that it would be a more interesting choice because the original is so flawed. Why remake works that continue to stand well enough on their own? I mean I know why, Hollywood in general only produces art as a knock-on effect as a result of the means by which they seek profit, but that, ugh, Lion King remake. Why do you exist Lion King remake. What God has seen fit to ignore our pleas for nourishment of the soul, or worse yet, what God sees fit to preside over our own suffering in this way.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Of course i am talking about Treasure Planet,what the fuck are you smoking Disney i know that movie was a commercial failure but would that movie translate well to live action, i am even willing to take a Disney+ movie,i am not picky do it Disney i dare you
Disney already has a pirate-themed movie franchise, in case you didn't notice.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017

As I said last time this was bought up

You just want to see a live action captain Amelia don't you?

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I mean I would say that it would be a more interesting choice because the original is so flawed. Why remake works that continue to stand well enough on their own? I mean I know why, Hollywood in general only produces art as a knock-on effect as a result of the means by which they seek profit, but that, ugh, Lion King remake. Why do you exist Lion King remake. What God has seen fit to ignore our pleas for nourishment of the soul, or worse yet, what God sees fit to preside over our own suffering in this way.
thank you,its one of those movies that theres a high chance if executed well to be better than the original movie,cant say the same about any of the Disney classics,like you can tell me theres one person out there who prefers Bambi with the photorealistic bs of lion king over Treasure Planet live action

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
thank you,its one of those movies that theres a high chance if executed well to be better than the original movie,cant say the same about any of the Disney classics,like you can tell me theres one person out there who prefers Bambi with the photorealistic bs of lion king over Treasure Planet live action

Given what happened to Dumbo, I can't wait for them to "not in front of the kid" Bambi's mother getting shot somehow

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is basically the only live action remake they could do that would actually interest me.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think a live action Treasure Planet could be interesting, and an opportunity to improve on the concept.

But it's budget and initial reception means it's not the obvious choice, even if it might be the first interesting choice.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Not to sound like an old guy, but I never heard of Treasure Planet. Even looking on Google I still don't recall ever hearing of it before.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Treasure Planet is the biggest box office bomb in Disney animation.

Making a live-action film would be a pretty big risk, so they probably won't.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd love it if they also re-tooled it then. Why not? Make it a bit more ambitious than the current live actions.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Also the movie was hella expensive(140mil),it had a higher budget than Attack of The Clones which came out the same year

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's the height of irony to me that the film Clements & Musker most wanted to make and fought for (and kept having to put off) ended up being their only ever flop.

That said, sure, make it live action. All their animation to live action films suck anyway, what's another? (though I guess this doesn't have the animated coattails to work off that the others do)

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Petes Dragon is the best animation to live action Disney film and i cant see it change in the future

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mean at the very least the intent is respectable. Far more noble to take a movie that wasn't successful and attempt to fix it under a new format and/or for a new audience than it is to take a classic and hash out a redo for money that potentially undoes what made it so great. It'd be nice if Disney had that sort of artistic ambition and confidence in their craft.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure we had this exact thread with this exact premise ("Why hasn't Disney done the OBVIOUS thing of adapting this forgotten box office disaster into live action???") a couple months ago.