• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Dumbells? Seems eBay, Amazon, Target, craiglist and Walmart are cleaned out of anything above 25lbs. If something is there, theres a huge price or weeks delay

About to buy me some 100lb rice bags and some buckets and a broom at home depot.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the struggle is real. It took me a couple of weeks to get a kettlebell and I'm waiting on resistance bands for next week. Dunno about cardio still, I really hate jogging.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

Amazon.com : Goddesslili Dumbbells, 5-50 Pounds Hex Rubber Weights Workout Dumbbells Set Metal Ergonomic Handles Prevent Rolling and Injury for Home Gym Exercise Men Women Unisex (30) : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com : Goddesslili Dumbbells, 5-50 Pounds Hex Rubber Weights Workout Dumbbells Set Metal Ergonomic Handles Prevent Rolling and Injury for Home Gym Exercise Men Women Unisex (30) : Sports & Outdoors
a few options there. prices don't look too bad. you have to consider them factoring in the shipping with the price, too. they...weight a lot lol naturally

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hair clippers are being cleaned out as well, especially the cheaper options. We humans are not long for this world.

OP
OP

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

a few options there. prices don't look too bad. you have to consider them factoring in the shipping with the price, too. they...weight a lot lol naturally

• Arrives between May 15 - June 8.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bought a cheap bench with a barbell, 2 dumbells and around 90 kg (~200lbs) weight plates exactly two weeks ago (still waiting for 2x15kg/35lbs plates tho). I guess a lot of people realized (including myself) that you're kinda fucked if your Gym closes and you got no weights or gear at home for basic exercises. It seems that the price for all weights have almost trippled but for some reason the bench press (or a cheap pull up racked I looked at) seem to go for the same unchanged price.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's tough. Luckily I already have some stuff. Dumbbell sets from 5-40lbs in 5lb increments, a bench, a bar that goes up to 105 lbs, a pull up beam, resistance bands, and a dip station.

The only thing I can't really do effectively is lower body stuff, just not enough weight. I've been wrapping the resistance bands around the bench to greatly increase the resistance of the bar. Having to be creative, but it works. I can effectively put the resistance over 200 lbs if needed.

I do wish I had an olympic bar, 6 45s, and the smaller increments. I know what I'll be investing in later this year. Also, maybe a power rack.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I imagine gym folks freaked out mad after they heard other businesses were being forced to close and it was likely the same case would be for gyms. I should find someone who wants my set of 25 pounders I haven't used in years.