• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
Staff at my place said that Abe requested that gakudos (after school clubs for elementary students) and hoikuens (nurseries) stay open while schools are closed.

Where did he say that? Doesn't seem to make much sense to close the schools if those same kids are going to be hanging out at a gakudos.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
The city next to mine has requested that people stay home from work to take care of their kids, rather than leave them at home.

My cram school classes are all canceled for March, too, so I'm out money for that.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
My school has cancelled classes starting on Monday, but teachers still have to come in. Yay me!
God not sure what the hell I'm going to do during that time. Guess fix up my lessons.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
If they're going to do that then surely they should also be closing any places that have large gatherings of people? Large offices, factories, supermarkets, night clubs and so on and so on ....... I jest (kind of) but it's the next logical step.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
If they're going to do that then surely they should also be closing any places that have large gatherings of people? Large offices, factories, supermarkets, night clubs and so on and so on ....... I jest (kind of) but it's the next logical step.
Since blossom season is a very popular time for tourists to visit Japan, it's not far fetched that they'll introduce certain safety measures. Hell, they already confirmed that Disney and Universal will be closed until mid March. I can see them closing other tourist attractions.

Oct 27, 2017
In my case in one of the larger, but less famous cities in Japan: Schools are officially closed from Monday until April 7th, but students in 1st-3rd grade (elementary), as well as students who require special assistance (any level), can still spend the day at schools during this period from 8:30 until 2:00 with a written request from their guardian.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
Since blossom season is a very popular time for tourists to visit Japan, it's not far fetched that they'll introduce certain safety measures. Hell, they already confirmed that Disney and Universal will be closed until mid March. I can see them closing other tourist attractions.
I'd be interested to see current tourist figures. I walked through Shinsaibashi earlier today and it was like a ghost-town. I'd say less than 10% of regular foot traffic.
It's going to be a difficult month, that's for sure. I have no idea what I'm going to do.
Same here. Working from home isn't really an option for me. I can certainly physically be at home, but with two kids constantly vying for my attention I'll be hard pressed to get any actual work done. I'm too much of a responsible parent to give them 5 weeks of YouTube!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
All the elderly people in town have been buying all the tissue paper and toilet paper. I grabbed one of the last packs at my local store since I only had one roll left. Apparently some Mom and Pop places in larger cities have started price gauging.

The instant noodle racks were getting kinda low too.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
All the elderly people in town have been buying all the tissue paper and toilet paper. I grabbed one of the last packs at my local store since I only had one roll left. Apparently some Mom and Pop places in larger cities have started price gauging.

The instant noodle racks were getting kinda low too.

About to buy some more toilet paper and yakisoba just in case people start going more crazy. During the typhoon all that stuff sold out.