• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How dare people want to play as characters they like/and are familiar with.

Because I absolutely said that people can't want to play as characters they like, right?

Of course people want to do that. But to buy a fighting game based entirely on the idea of only playing ONE character, and absolutely refusing to even try other characters when that one character isn't in the game is what I will never understand.

Stop being close minded. Branch out. Try something new if youre previous main isn't available.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Because I absolutely said that people can't want to play as characters they like, right?

Of course people want to do that. But to buy a fighting game based entirely on the idea of only playing ONE character, and absolutely refusing to even try other characters when that one character isn't in the game is what I will never understand.

Stop being close minded. Branch out. Try something new if youre previous main isn't available.
This is nothing new though. We all were here for the SFIII mess, right? People like what they like. Personally, I don't get hung up on it, but I can also understand in the same swing why people would be dissapointed a fan favorite/usually a locked in character didn't show up.

Oct 25, 2017
Spawn.

In 2019.

I'm glad SF seems to have a no guest character rule.
You know 30 year olds are going to shell out mad cash for Spawn. Nostalgia is strong.
vs_JAC_b02361="MynameisJacquelineBriggs."
vs_SIN_c02361="Ikilledyourfather."
vs_JAC_d02361="Preparetodie."

vs_SIN_b02351="YoubetrayedMileena,D'Vorah."
vs_DVO_c02351="Whycareforthatdisgustingclone?"
vs_SIN_d02351="ShewasasmuchmydaughterasKitana."
Terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny: "I know, I seem like a clown to you."
Spawn: "And I hate CLOWNS."
Johnny: "Then do NOT watch Ninja Mime."

Johnny: "And the award for Best Costume goes to..."
Spawn: "It's not a costume, Cage."
Johnny: "Hello! That's why it's a winner!"

Kabal: "Don't run, that's too easy"
Spawn: "Shit, I can teleport."
Kabal: "Isn't that convenient, freakizoid."

Joker: "What's your name, beautiful boy?"
Spawn: "Call me Spawn."
Joker: "Well, Spawn, that's a lovely cape."

Fujin: "It's true, Johnny. I'm a fan."

Johnny: "You, sir, have excellent taste!"

Fujin: "Say nothing to Lord Raiden."
But this. This is all gold.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nothing new though. We all were here for the SFIII mess, right? People like what they like. Personally, I don't get hung up on it, but I can also understand in the same swing why people would be dissapointed a fan favorite/usually a locked in character didn't show up.

Disappointed is one thing. Angry and swearing off ever buying the game, regardless of how great the rest of the game may be, is another thing entirely.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Netherrealm Studios: "FUCK ALL NINJAS"

Ed Boon: "Yup"

No one's commented on how there's 9 listed here, but the Season Pass is 6? Something scary is going on here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I mean it's been commented on multiple times. KP1 is 6 characters, and they have pretty much confirmed a second. We assume the extra 3 are part of the second pack.

I remember an interview Boon said making Kombat Pack 2 for MKX was a complete surprise because the first sold so well and it wasnt in the original plans

Then Injustice 2 straight out announced 9 characters all bundled in the same single pass.

So I'm just wondering what the reason is here to separate the characters and passes? It makes me doubt this leak is real and not dummy data

Edit: oh there's dialogue subtitles? well then......how weird!

Last edited:

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I wonder if it has something to do with the Switch version not handled directly by NRS. It's also probably an unfortunate by-product of using people like Ronda Rousey as voice actors. Get her to do all her lines at once rather than get her to come back for the DLC. Right?

I mean to be fair he hasn't been in a game since MK9.
Is the nature of recording lines across any media. They have record the lines sometimes years in advance.

That said, I think the datamine found the subtitles of the lines not the full dialogs. So not everything might make it.

MK9 had stuff from Fujin that was never used.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember an interview Boon said making Kombat Pack 2 for MKX was a complete surprise because the first sold so well and it wasnt in the original plans

Then Injustice 2 straight out announced 9 characters all bundled in the same single pass.

So I'm just wondering what the reason is here to separate the characters and passes? It makes me doubt this leak is real and not dummy data

They basically confirmed a second pass in a recent interview. They are planning for it this time.

We also have datamined dialogue's from the DLC characters. It is real.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
They basically confirmed a second pass in a recent interview. They are planning for it this time.

We also have datamined dialogue's from the DLC characters. It is real.

Im glad I did not get the Premium Edition then if the sole advertised season pass is the only one included while they're seemingly working on a second (smaller?) one concurrently.

Maybe they wanted the Premium Edition to be $100 and assembled it in a way to reach that price point....but Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition with 9 characters was $100 two years ago.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im glad I did not get the Premium Edition then if the sole advertised season pass is the only one included while they're seemingly working on a second (smaller?) one concurrently.

Maybe they wanted the Premium Edition to be $100 and assembled it in a way to reach that price point....but Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition with 9 characters was $100 two years ago.

Premium comes with the kombat pack, which is stated as 6 characters. There was nothing wrongly adertised there. It's not a season pass that is supposed to cover all dlc.

They've also said theyre planning to support this game much longer after release than their last few games. This game is going to have more dlc characterts than injustice 2 did, and will probably have a 3rd kombat pack down the road, in the same sense that SFV has done its seasons.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Premium comes with the kombat pack, which is stated as 6 characters. There was nothing wrongly adertised there. It's not a season pass that is supposed to cover all dlc.

They've also said theyre planning to support this game much longer after release than their last few games. This game is going to have more dlc characterts than injustice 2 did, and will probably have a 3rd kombat pack down the road, in the same sense that SFV has done its seasons.

Reptile and the cyborgs like a year from now. Book it. (Please)

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

Though Injustice 2 had less skins (3) and only a few shaders (2) in their pack.

This one has 7 skins and 7 sets of gear too, on top of the 6 characters.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Though Injustice 2 had less skins (3) and only a few shaders (2) in their pack.

This one has 7 skins and 7 sets of gear too, on top of the 6 characters.

I mean the gear isn't like Injustice it's like a kunai, a pair of glasses etc... and the 7 skins... whatever. Like Apparently Ninja Mime is one of them. That's one slot entirely wasted.

That certainly doesn't justify the pricing.

But maybe the season pass 1 actually has all 4 guests and they had to buy the licensing... That would explain it. I'd be fine with it actually. And make the second one with no guest less expensive.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I mean the gear isn't like Injustice it's like a kunai, a pair of glasses etc... and the 7 skins... whatever. Like Apparently Ninja Mime is one of them. That's one slot entirely wasted.

But maybe the season pass 1 actually has all 4 guests and they had to buy the licensing... That would explain it. I'd be fine with it actually. And make the second one with no guest less expensive.
Well, the price is justified...
Characters are usually sold at $6 (x 6 =$36).
Skins are around $3 (x 7 =$21)
And lets put the 7 sets of gear for $20 (close to the skins at $2/$3 per set).
Aprox. total for the MK11 DLC: $77

Injustice 2:
9 characters at $6 = $54
3 skins at $3 each: $9
2 shaders at $4 each: $8*
Total: $71
*Though are the only universal shaders in the game.

That characters are seen as more/bigger content, there's that.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Only reason I got it is it's $70 on cdkeys for PC. $100 is scam pricing.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
These leaks suck, but part of me is low-key thankful. I was going to get the dlc pass but now I'm only going to get Sindel and Sheeva

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the price is justified...
Characters are usually sold at $6 (x 6 =$36).
Skins are around $3 (x 7 =$21)
And lets put the 7 sets of gear for $20 (close to the skins at $2/$3 per set).
Aprox. total for the MK11 DLC: $77

Injustice 2:
9 characters at $6 = $54
3 skins at $3 each: $9
2 shaders at $4 each: $8*
Total: $71
*Though are the only universal shaders in the game.

That characters are seen as more/bigger content, there's that.

You're looking at this the absolute wrong way.

It's a kombat pack nobody gave a fuck about 7 random skins like ninja mime. You wanted characters.

They just threw the skins in because they knew people would get mad at that price for 6 characters.

So even if the price technically adds up because of skins, it's still completely whack.

They also threw in the "play them one week early" to force your hand.

Nobody would pick random skins over 3 characters. You're mad. If you love a skin you buy it.

So 4 guests would at least make this legitimate because of the licensing.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018

It's a kombat pack nobody gave a fuck about 7 random skins like ninja mime. You wanted characters.

They just threw the skins in because they knew people would get mad at that price for 6 characters.

So even if the price technically adds up because of skins, it's still completely whack.

Nobody would pick random skins over 3 characters. You're mad. If you love a skin you buy it.

I'd be pretty mad if I bought the premium edition and it turned out that 4/6 characters were guests lol. But that's just me.
They should definitely balance the MK/guest ratio in their packs.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
I wish they could get guest characters from videogames. Nemesis and Pyramid Head would be so dope.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I love guest characters, but if ya have a theme, I prefer them to stick to the theme. Horror/Sci-fi characters have been the core genre of the past MK guest karacters so I'd prefer they round out those characters with Michael Myers, Pinhead or Pennywise.

Terminator, Ash and Shang are cool with me though.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

You say"nobody" yet, they seem to have sales data to back their reasoning. Same reason we keep getting guests, their data from Injustice 2 probably showed a ton of people buying premier skins.

That doesn't mean that I like or prefer it, but you said that pricing is not justified, when in the end they just promised $40 worth of content.

Some think is worth it, others don't.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You say"nobody" yet, they seem to have sales data to back their reasoning. Same reason we keep getting guests, their data from Injustice 2 probably showed a ton of people buying premier skins.

That doesn't mean that I like or prefer it, but you said that pricing is not justified, when in the end they just promised $40 worth of content.

Some think is worth it, others don't.

???

Premier Skin in Injustice gave you a different character.... Hal Jordan ? There you have John Stewart now. etc...

If they sold Mileena as a premier skin for Kitana ? Sure that would sell gang busters.

Plus not sure what you're getting at because they can (and will) still sell skins outside of that Pack so it's not like they prevented the inclusion of more characters...

These are random skins that people don't even know if they want it.
If that was something like "movie pack" where you get the movie costumes of the characters, then it made perfect sense thematically (7 characters from the movie are in the game minus Kano who is already modeled after the movie.... 7 skins in the pack....) and it comes with Shang Tsung (already the movie version) and everyone would be hype. That works.

But throwing random skins like ninja mime which are a glorified joke is just of bad taste honestly.

Reminder that Ninja Mime was free and a bonus for playing the mobile game. So yeah not exactly what people would rush to throw money at over a movie skin or a full character .......

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator and Spawn. OMFG. The dream is real.

Don't really give a shit about Joker.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they separate the KP like an MK char one, and a guest one. Like Shang, Sindel. Sheeva, Nghtwolf and I dunno Havik and Mileena or Reptile. Then do like Ash, Terminator, Spawn, Joker and like Michael Myers and Pinhead or something,

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they separate the KP like an MK char one, and a guest one. Like Shang, Sindel. Sheeva, Nghtwolf and I dunno Havik and Mileena or Reptile. Then do like Ash, Terminator, Spawn, Joker and like Michael Myers and Pinhead or something,

The first 6 DLC are on that list.

So no matter how you look at it they are mixed.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I avoided this thread all week because of the
spoilers... Then I clicked on it thinking it was one of the other MK11 threads. Doh!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017

When did they say this? I would love for it to be true. Has to be much easier to create dlc characters than it is to start from scratch. Would love it if we eventually get a ton of dlc characters, including Reptile, Cyrax and Sektor.

I'm really surprised there are so many stages in the game too. They went real cheap with those in previous games. Gets boring fighting on the same 8 stages.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
vs_KIT_b02371="YouhelpedShaoKahnkillfather?"

vs_SIN_c02371="Andtradedaweakhusbandforastrongone."

vs_KIT_d02371="Howcouldyou,Mother?!"

Why are they fucking with Sindel's story? Like you can make someone more interesting without completely character assassinating them.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
vs_KIT_b02371="YouhelpedShaoKahnkillfather?"

vs_SIN_c02371="Andtradedaweakhusbandforastrongone."

vs_KIT_d02371="Howcouldyou,Mother?!"

Why are they fucking with Sindel's story? Like you can make someone more interesting without completely character assassinating them.

Lol what is NRS doing. I guess it could be Revenant Sindel deliberately trying to get to Kitana with lies but still dumb

Last edited:

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With Ash, Terminator, Joker, Freddy, Jason, KRatos all canon in MK universe why not just go all out and make a killer smash game?